2011 Kia Optima

14 replies to this topic
Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

I know Kia's are pretty sh*t usually, but last night I was out looking for cars with my dad, and came across a Kia showroom, and oh my god, this car looks very BOSS and futuristic:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Those beautiful rims are standard too!

What are your thoughts on this car, and Kia in general? Is it a good car/sh*t car/good brand/sh*t brand?

http://kia.com.au/cars/showroom/Optima

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

Hyundai/Kia have became good brands lately, since that German desinger that used to work for Audi (I think?), much better cars, w/ same low price tounge2.gif

Check out the resemblance:

user posted image

Check out the Genesis Coupe, starts from $22,000

user posted image

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

KIA has really gotten their sh*t together. I've got KIA-salesmen in the building where I work. They've got great products and sell like 35 cars a month and make a sh*tload of cash.
Maybe I should start selling KIA?

It's funny, we don't even get the Optima in Sweden. KIA doesn't even offer a sedan over here. We only get the SUV's, hatchbacks and wagons.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

That interior is dire. The exterior is nice, but it's entirely composed of parts stolen from other cars. Wheels from a Volvo DRIVe model, basic profile from a Jag XF, rear boot like a Mondeo, rear lights from an Accord, front end is a cross between VW Passat and Lexus.

Meno
  • Meno

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

I hate the way it looks.

Every single car looks like that nowadays.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

I know what you mean, really curvy and bubbly. I guess it's for aerodynamics though.

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

I drove one when I was car shopping. In America we get much [MUCH!!!] nicer interiors in these cars. Do you guys get the 274 HP turbo version or just the 2.4? The turbo's supposed to be pretty powerful but I didn't drive it as it was out of the price range.

The steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car in that picture, you should really get that checked out. tounge.gif

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:36 PM Edited by Lurch, 02 November 2011 - 10:46 PM.

QUOTE (Meno @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 10:58)
I hate the way it looks.

Every single car looks like that nowadays.

This. I think it looks like sh*t.

The 6 speed manual manual only comes on the base poverty-spec LX model. Mid-level EX and top spec turbo SX model only comes with an automatic. Still FWD as well which is horrible when you have that much power.

Your average sheep might like it but it doesn't impress me in the slightest. Just another Camry/Maxima/Accord rebadge.

DSMTuner
  • DSMTuner

Decorated As F*ck

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

It's shaped like that to be invisible to the wind, they want better gas mileage. The wheels don't look too great.

Genesis Turbo is much better, power to the correct wheels and they didn't sacrifice looks.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, the Genesis coupe is the one thing they got right. Would like to see it with the V8 from the sedan and a 6 speed. For that matter, I'd like to see the sedan with a 6 speed manual. IMO, that's what sets the 5 series above the others in that sports sedan category. The ability to actually drive it yourself.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

i was bored recently and decided to test drive the Kia K5 (you guys will know it as the Optimus) and it actually is very good value for money, a lot of things come as standard such as dual sunroof etc and it wasnt bad to drive.

I would definitely not hesitate to get one as my daily driving car but unfortunately my parents wont allow me to buy korean no matter how good the product or how cheap it is.

I would recommend it though

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Since when you're back on the forums biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ? Missed yous!

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

pavlov! long time no see lol.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

Saw one IRL yesterday.

While the car looks great, only get it if you're changing the rims. They're hideous (even more so in real life).

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

If my boss drove a Kia I'd take a week off to recalibrate my life and backtrack to where I went wrong.

It's a very competitive sedan with a ton of options and a vast improvement over its predecessors but you could leave that thing unlocked in a Harlem chop shop and your KIA would never go MIA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users