• Members

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

I want to subscribe too!

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Thursday, Jun 28 2012, 09:26)
Do one really need permission from the mission designer if they want to make a video for their missions?

No, you don't need permission from the mission designer. Why? Because it's the same as you would try to record other game and also your mission will be more popular. Making let's play is the same, you don't need to ask permission. Answer yet again is no.

I want to subscribe too.

mkthetimelord
  • mkthetimelord

:3

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

My answer is No because once you release it, releasing it is like saying that you are giving people permission to take videos, play it etc. The game is owned by R*, so just because you made the mission, you don't exactly own it and therefore have no right to stop people recording it and making videos.

But if you released it to some people for testing, and they make videos of it, then that is bad.

Fordred
  • Fordred

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Well, define need. Legally, you obviously don't NEED to. As far as DYOM rules and regulations go, I'm pretty sure there's nothing about that in there.

You CAN obviously make a video about their mission, and just add commentary over it just bashing it and calling it bad, or do whatever. If you're asking if it's "morally" ( or ethically, or whatever) right to do that, then that depends. Some mission creators will want you to make a video about their mission, some won't, so if you want to be really fair you should ask each mission creator.

However. The biggest reason many gaming companies such as EA don't like their games being let's played on the internet is because people might not play the game and watch the LP instead, so they're losing money. There's no money to be lost in DYOM, and it's just free publicity (making the game more popular, as someone said) and generally people will play that mission if it looks fun.

Main point, you can ask each person in particular before LPing their mission, but first of all, most of them, if not all, will say yes, and second of all, if you don't want/can afford to waste time asking everyone and waiting for responses, nobody will probably mind, so just go for it.

Also, someone said that you don't need permission from the mission designer because it's like LPing a video game. That's kinda really wrong, because not only is it not the same thing, but a lot of let's plays have been taken down from youtube (ones that aren't making money for youtube and, consequentially, for the gaming publishers) by companies. But in this case it's A-ok to let'sp lay the missions.

Blue Ray Team
  • Blue Ray Team

Crocodile Games

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Nitesh nice job man good luck smile.gif!

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Blue Ray Team @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 20:10)
Nitesh nice job man good luck smile.gif!

Thanks for reading this man, but I am sorry to say that it's dead now. I can't lead it because I don't get the time as I used to before and most of the other team members are pretty much inactive, so I highly doubt I will be able to continue it. Though, I would like to thank all of you, on behalf of the whole team, for reading and supporting the DYOM Magazine. And I also would like to thank the team members for the help they gave me.

You can always check out DYOM TV. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users