455 replies to this topic
Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

@Shiva
Your suggestion has not been ignored.

Also I would like to thank the whole team for continuing with the issues when I had no access to a PC, otherwise we would have been still stuck in issue 5 or 6.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 03:30)
Time to start working on the next issue. I need....

- An interview (Secronom President if you want, about the 5th DYOM contest).

Just contact me by PM.

I will answer all your questions and add extra information if needed.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

I'm starting a new section in the magazine called "Trivia". I will give a trivia question about a designer, mission-pack, character etc. You answer the question, and in the next issue I put the question with everyone's answers. Then I give the answer... All clear how it works. Here's the first ever trivia....

Which DYOM designer was the 2nd ever DYOM Video Commentator?

Malikio12334566687
  • Malikio12334566687

DYOM Designer, User and Reviewer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 02:21)
I'm starting a new section in the magazine called "Trivia". I will give a trivia question about a designer, mission-pack, character etc. You answer the question, and in the next issue I put the question with everyone's answers. Then I give the answer... All clear how it works. Here's the first ever trivia....

Sounds cool. I'm going for AznKei smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

Like the guy above.

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:26 AM Edited by alifjenius, 31 January 2012 - 11:34 AM.

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 09:21)

EDIT: Ok, now I get it
I think it's AznKei

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Added your answers into a notepad file. Btw, I made a logo for the game, what you think?

user posted image

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Aznkei for sure.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Aznkei

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Here's the opinion question for this issue:

Which kind of a mission pack/storyline would you play and enjoy depending on the balance of story and gameplay?

I hope I have phrased it right..

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:45 PM Edited by ThaBoY, 31 January 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Edit:

Gameplay is the most important thing in a mission pack for me.
Without a great gameplay you can't have a great mission pack.
I don't say that the story isn't important at all, you always need a good story to start a good mission pack.
But I care more about the gameplay than the story.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well, let me try to make it clearer. In a mission pack (or storyline) do you enjoy mission packs that offer more gameplay and focuses less on story or vice versa? I mean, how much balance should there be between the gameplay of a mission and the story.

NothingSpecial
  • NothingSpecial

2spooky4me

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:14 PM Edited by NothingSpecial, 03 February 2012 - 03:28 AM.

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 09:21)

Aznkei
[QUOTE]
Which kind of a mission pack/storyline would you play and enjoy depending on the balance of story and gameplay?

I prefer both. A story without gameplays is just a useless sh*t. A gameplay without stories is also a useless trash.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 22:21)

I believe it is Doublepulse, or is it AznKei?

Well, I recall I've read AznKei (I believe) there was someone else who did before Doublepulse made it official, or was it two people?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

I have seen a couple videos with people commentating on DYOM before me. I have no idea who they are. Chances are they probably never posted on the forums. I will edit this post if I find them. tounge.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Wednesday, Feb 1 2012, 08:22)
QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 22:21)

I believe it is Doublepulse, or is it AznKei?

Well, I recall I've read AznKei (I believe) there was someone else who did before Doublepulse made it official, or was it two people?

So you guess, DP or AznKei?

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'd go with Doublepulse, since he isn't the first one to have done that.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

I don't know the correct answer but let me stick on to Anzeki.
@Nitesh You can add the content if you're interested. I understand your question but not fully. I'll wait for others to post their answers and then I'll submit mines.

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hey, maybe we could do this

Why don't we "cycle" the opinion and the trivia ? It basically the same, you know ? It's a bunch of posts from DYOM users and we compiled them into a single section. So what I'm trying to say is, the next issues is going to be "Trivia", after that it is going to be "Opinions", after that "Trivia" and so on

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Ya, I think that's a good idea. This issue, we can keep the trivia and next the opinion. So just ignore the opinion question as of now.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Still waiting for the interview questions. tounge2.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Friday, Feb 3 2012, 14:49)
Still waiting for the interview questions. tounge2.gif

Sorry SP. Forgot about this. I will have the questions PMed to you within the next 24 hours. smile.gif

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

DYOM Designer/DYOM World Wiki Contributor

• Members

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Im a reader too!

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Added TheXProyect

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Issue #10 sent to Secronom President and will be posted after sent to the registered readers.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:22 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 17 February 2012 - 04:55 PM.

user posted image
DYOM Magazine Issues #10
Greetings from Leader

Hello everyone, here I present the tenth issue of the DYOM Magazine, the only magazine which gives the summary of the happenings in the DYOM section.

First of all, I would like to thank Alifjenius and the team for continuing with the issues during the time when I couldn't publish the issues.

A lot has been going on recently. An official contest DYOM Contest #5 has been announced. We have a new forum leader, Secronom President. Congratulations to him on behalf of the whole team. Wish you luck and hope you will reduce the spam without spoiling the fun we have been having all through.

DYOM v6.1 celebrated it's first year anniversary this month. Let's all keep DYOM going on by creating, playing and sharing missions. biggrin.gif

More information further on in the issue. Hope you will have a great time reading this.

by Nitesh
Advertisement Section

user posted image

Name: Denise's Stories
Designer(s): NothingSpecial
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=499727

Welcome To San Andreas. Welcome to the 1990.

Denise Robinson is a high-ranking member of the Grove Street Families, one of the five prominents gang in Los Santos, a city tearing itself apart with never-ending gang trouble, drugs and corruptions.

A couple of months before the First Great Gang War, gang's activites become worser and more dangerous. There are no days in Los Santos without gang wars and deaths. On March 13, a shootout between the Grove Streets and Ballas is going on under the highways. Greens blasting reds.

Denise, Sweet, Ryder and Smoke were involved in the shootout. Denise was unknowingly lost her unconciusness in the middle of the fights. She has to act fast to defeat the remaining Ballas and soon she was forced on a journey that takes her across the entire state of San Andreas to take control of the streets.

user posted image

Name: Deathmatch 2012
Designer(s): abishai.kochara
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=499599

No story available.

user posted image

Name: Bad Boys
Designer(s): Arejai
Link: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=498557

A mafia gang were planning to annihilate the president of San Andreas. They aim to rule San Andreas for their own good. The story begin when Bentley Clay, an elderly poor accidentally overheard the plan. He begged the mafia to not to be killed. As interchange, the mafia gave 3 weeks to him to provide them a 2 MILLION DOLLARS . His sons, Hugh and Cruz, found out the matter and secretly decided to save their father from being killed by the mafia. They'll do anything to get the money no matter what dangerous they need to face.

by KaRzY6
DYOM Contest #5

An official DYOM contest 5 was announced recently. The theme of the contest is 2012- The end of the world. There has been many participants, who are interested in the contest, but so far only two missions have been submitted for the contest. You can find more information on the contest in the topic.

Here's a small interview KaRzY6 had with Secronom President regarding the contest:
- How did you get the authorisation to lead the DYOM contest?

It started off with a PM in December 2011 to Dutchy3010 saying I would like to help in the fifth contest. She said I was authorised to do it. Then, in the last days of January, I sent a PM to PatrickW saying I would like to help and put what Dutchy3010 has said in the other one.

- Why did PatrickW and Dutchy3010 choose you to lead it?

Maybe because I am trustworthy and I am a moderator on the Design Your Own Mission official website? I can't say it's the reason, but I believe so.

- Why did you accept the offer?

Can't really say I accepted this. I just offered to help and ended up with the job, not that I am complaining though. I'm proud to host the fifth contest and will do my best to keep it at high standards.

- How many contenders do you expect that will participate?

Can't really say numbers. I'm expecting people from the forums to participate, but there will also be people publishing their missions on the website and not registrering on here to say it thinking their mission will be noticed or something.

- Will you also be one of the contenders?

Would it be legit?

- Why did you choose the theme 2012 - End of the world?

Just for irony of beeing in 2012.

- What other themes did you have in mind?

I had a zombie oriented theme in mind, but resolved to go with 2012 - The End of the World.

- Did any others help with the theme, or was it just you?

It was just me. I chose it and sent a PM to Dutchy3010 and PatrickW about it and they said it was fine.

by Nitesh and KaRzY6
Reader Contribution

This is one of the area that is still not being done in the Magazine, so this is a reminder. You as a reader can contribute a lot to this Magazine. If you have an idea for an article or even if you want to write an article, simply send a PM to one of us with your idea or article and it may be published in the magazine. Also if you play a mission, mission pack or a storyline and you think it's not getting the deserved attention it should get, you can write to us why it recommended to play and you will see it published in the next issue. There are many other ways you can contribute, but I can't list them all here because it will just clutter this paer. If you have any questions regarding the 'Reader's Contribution' feel free to send me a PM.

by Nitesh
Review List

Here's the list of reviews done and the reviewers after the release of the previous issue.
The Story of Leroy Kingston: Remake by Nitesh
The Splinter Cell by Arejai.
Who is Woo? by Arejai.
Black Tuesday by Arejai.

Drug Revenge by AznKei.
A Gangsta's Past: Jordan's Side by Alifjenius
Hitman Mission 2.3 by Alifjenius.
Hitman for Hiring by AznKei.

by Nitesh
Thanks for reading Issue #10. Issue #11 is already on its way. Be sure to check out the DYOM Magazine library where you can find any issue you might have missed, and the DYOM Information Centre where you can find all the information related to the magazine. If you have any feedback, question, suggestion or complaint regarding to the magazine, you can always leave it at the DYOM Customer Care Site and the team will respond appropriately.
Quote of the Issue.

Also just because there is lack of feedback does not always mean people do not notice you (even though it can seem that way). I am in that same position with the feedback and yes it can determine your motivation. I think of it as everyone has different things they need to do. Sometimes it just takes us longer to get something well known, and even when we do get well known, it does not make us any more special than anyone else. We in the end are in the same position, just designers who make missions. -Doublepulse
Greetings from The Team

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

I didn't get the PM with the issue....

Anyway great issue guys.
You did a great job icon14.gif

And Nitesh,
There's something wrong with the link in the review list.
You should edit that.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks.

SP hasn't sent it to anyone and I had sent it to him about 2 days ago. I guess he must be busy.

About that mistake in link I am checking it.

Sorry for the issue being so short, but it's just that I had been busy, I assume Alif is also busy preparing for his exams and Juan-R and KaRzY haven't been active lately so I got very little from them too.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, I also noticed that K6 wasn't around lately.
And alif is busy with his exams, he said in the DATC topic.
And I didn't see juan lately... monocle.gif

Anyway,

I can help if you want.
But Juan and K6 'll show up in some time, so I don't think it 'll be needed.

But my help is always a PM away... wink.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

@ThaBoy
Sent you a PM regarding your reply.

Can't fix that link thing for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users