Photo

I miss Playbox X [spoiler!]

23 replies to this topic
shegeek72
  • shegeek72

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

I miss Playboy X. He was fun to be around and upbeat. He was full of it, but he pulled if off well. I liked when he called Niko "Money." It was sad having to chose between him and Dwayne. confused.gif I wish the devs had continued his character in the game.

GrandMaztahAce
  • GrandMaztahAce

our enemies hide in METHUL BAWKSES!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

he came across as cool at first but he's just a money-hungry prick. 'it's either me or dwayne, and if you kill dwayne i'm not going to talk to you anymore anyway' - stupid ungrateful soab. i hope he rots in gta4 hell for making me kill dwayne on first playthrough

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

I found him as being a stuck up character who carried about nothing else but making money and one day seeing his "name up in lights", I'm glad Yusuf Amir never met him. Not to mention I lost all respect for him when he ordered us to kill Dwayne (thank goodness it was only optional) and then he just payed us off and ridiculed us afterwards if we did choose to kill him.

iGVenom
  • iGVenom

San Andreas Fanboy

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I agree with @AlexGTAGamer

Untame Snail
  • Untame Snail

What?

• Members
  • Rwanda

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

That is a pretty ineffective spoiler warning, you know.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

When we first met him, he looked like a strait up G, but then he turned out to be a thug.
Kind of like UBK families, eh?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

Annoying asshole. Dwayne was a much better character IMO.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

I felt really sorry and bad for Dwayne because of the way Playboy was acting. Sure he was cool, but I like Dwayne better.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:53 AM

Nah I didn't miss him good aim <.< But I liked Dwayne more so I didn't feel bad. Only thing I'll miss about Playboy is his hoody, for some reason I really liked that hoody. Probably wouldn't have looked as good on Niko anyway though.

mobinga
  • mobinga

Mob

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

A 3D modelling people.

MrMagic50
  • MrMagic50

Vice City Kingpin

• Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaztahAce @ Sunday, Oct 30 2011, 21:55)
i hope he rots in gta4 hell for making me kill dwayne on first playthrough

So true. I felt I didn't know Dwayne enough first time through. Being friends with Dwayne is much more rewarding.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

Software Engineer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

I kill Playboy because I needed his home so I could get a FIB Buffalo easily tounge.gif

Anyways, Dwayne was nicer. I think killing Mr. X was better

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 00:16)
When we first met him, he looked like a strait up G, but then he turned out to be a thug.

LOL!

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

To quote Ubk_families, "playboy always stayed fresh,always drove the best cars,and always had pockets full of money. He prolly would be pushin a new infernus rite now if he didnt get killed back in 08. Playboy was dat nigga."

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 04:16)

Hey man, don't be dissing an OG like UbK_families.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 06:58)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 04:16)

Hey man, don't be dissing an OG like UbK_families.

nah man u bettr stop tat sh!t bro or ill pop ur ass lik a tru nigga, yah hear???

seriously, he might have seemed cool but he was just a troll in the end. Just like PBX.

Blazevski12
  • Blazevski12

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

He was an asshole. Dwayne was a real G!.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (shegeek72 @ Sunday, Oct 30 2011, 10:03)
I miss Playboy X. He was fun to be around and upbeat. He was full of it, but he pulled if off well. I liked when he called Niko "Money." It was sad having to chose between him and Dwayne. confused.gif I wish the devs had continued his character in the game.

I agree 100% I loved playboy x he was so awesome what was his real name again ? It was really cool if i remember correctly. Anyway yeah i liked how he called you money too he seemed like a nice dude even though he was a bit arrogant. I also agree it sucked how you couldn't be friends with him after the game that was so lame

Kevin Johnson
  • Kevin Johnson

Deckhand

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Trey Stewart was his real name. And yes I enjoyed him as a mission-giver too. His dialog, voice-acting etc was brilliant. And I know this sounds stupid but I liked his clothes, or that red sweater at least. I really wanted that for Niko. But let's face it... he was an a-hole wasn't he? Having your former mentor/friend who just came out of the joint clipped because he wanted back a piece of what Playboy took over from him when he was send to prision. He deserved to die imho.

MostOfAll
  • MostOfAll

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

There should have been an option to spare BOTH Dwayne and Playboy X. I still chose to eliminate Playboy X because he just proposed the idea of using violence to solve the problem, although Dwayne didn't do anything wrong.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

I killed Playboy. Dwayne is the man who lost almost everything, he was sad, and Niko helped him be a happy man again. Besides, I could never kill Dwayne.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

Playing through now, I know the plot already so your ineffectual spoiler warning doesn't really affect me. tounge.gif

When I have to make the choice, I'm saving Dwayne. Playboy is an asshole. He's just a grubby little dealer who was fortunate enough to move up with his friends' help, only to abandon them. Dwayne lost it all. He was just like Niko. I'd rather save Dwayne than Playboy. Playboy was a punk. He didn't deserve to live after ordering the death of his former mentor, the man who got him to where he was. Plus, I'd have killed Playboy myself if the storyline didn't tell you to, just to have his apartment.

"Don't f*ck up the [construction] site too bad!" I'm sorry, would you like to come down here and kill a couple dozen guys without causing the tiniest bit of collateral damage?

MarkC9
  • MarkC9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

I really have to point out how ridiculous this is.

a) You put a spoiler tag in the title, but the title is a spoiler. Are you really that stupid?
b) The fact that this thread has been around for some time now and a mod hasn't so much as edited the topic name.

It wasn't a spoiler for me, but come on now...

MarkC9
  • MarkC9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Im gonna bump this. Mods, do your job please. I'd HATE to see this happen with GTA V.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Playboy X was a major asshole. When I first met him, he was all cool, friendly and outgoing, but as we knew him more, he became more of a jerk. What kind of guy is he to ask me to kill Dwayne, pay me and then criticise me and say that he never wants to see me again. I am glad I capped him, as if I didn't do so, I wouldn't have gotten a deluxe safehouse with a pool table, my own security guard, a plasma TV, a new outfit and a new friend, stuff $25, 000 can't buy for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users