» «
Photo

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

23 replies to this topic
Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:09 PM Edited by Triple Penetration, 29 October 2011 - 06:12 PM.

I tried my best finding topic about Stalker games and got as close to Fallout, which is not good enough to match Ukraine's mutants, or let's say it politely - too different.

This is probably what most fans know already, but I have translated this from russian.

GSC Game World, developers of the much anticipated game, has let us players and fans to know what is going to come out of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: the game will be optimised for DirectX 11, the story will not be connected to previous games and almost all characters will be brand new.
New locations also will be included from which will be underground bunkers, labs and abandonded secret factories.
Main news are S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 will not only come to РС, but to consoles too. However, PC will be the one with highest priority.

Release dates are yet To Be Announced.

Source: ru.stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Блог_участника:Kuzura/Первые_подробности_о_S.T.A.L.K.E.R._2

I myself don't know how DX11 will be better than Clear Sky's graphics, except for tessellation abilities, but from GSC we can expect something beautiful and athmospheric. Also new locations are speculated to be either just being additional or replacing entire zone.

I do not know why it was not in that post, but I'll try to find confirmation source about female characters finally making into franchise (Not that one was implemented almost 10 years ago in Oblivion Lost).

{This is going to be replaced with couple of physics videos}

SmellyJelly
  • SmellyJelly

Hoodies

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

I actually just reinstalled STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl and I'm remembering why it was one of my favorite games. Even better -- I installed the Complete 2009 mod, which fixes many of the bugs and adds a few much needed features.

STALKER 2 interests me but until they release some screenshots or videos I can't say much about it. Hopefully the developers keep the in depth gameplay that was in SOC and I'd like to see a random spawning system for enemies, friends, and mutants (eg: a pack of dogs spawn along the border of a settlement, fight ensues).

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

I haven't manage to play Pripyat or the previews one [only the first game], because both are asking for a good PC that I don't have a the moment.

I wish STALKER 2 to be based again in Pripyat and Chernobyl since both places are extremly large. I know that what I want now I'm dreaming too much, but I wished to be full scale territory, double the details from their last game, similar to what you can find on google pictures or Metro devastating library level. And more underground laboratories. Those places freaked me out a lot, resembling to Half-Life 2, something that I admire, making STALKER series so unique only because of this small things.

The game has to have a lot of scary buildings and places, going on the rooftops

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

Smellyjelly, you can ask that question about A-LIFE system in GSC game world facebook page, but probably that has been answered, because GSC is very proud of what they made with mutant behaviour.

Blitz, I played CoP first and then Clear Sky and then first game with a pc which had 512mb ram, 256mb vram and pentium 4. With a few mods, including Complete mods, as SJ mentioned (the only way to play normally anyway) and with low, maybe lowest settings, a old pc can play a game which achieved it's glory because of gameplay and atmosphere without losing much. I replayed all of them on a better pc afterwards.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

Oh, a doublepost, but as 8 days have passed, I have a right then. The news are tad.a month old, but I doubt anybody knows here.

Read this article:
www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/09/gsc-respond-on-stalker-2-drm-issue/

Seems I'm going to buy a console instead, even for a dumbed down version.

QUOTE (Sergey Grigorovitsch @ Head of GSC Game World)
Protection from piracy? Part of the content will be located on the server and downloaded as the game
progresses. Permanent internet access is required. Text information, code and quests will be loaded
through that connection. Software piracy is an issue for us, we try to fight it, but within reason.
If people can not afford a licensed version, it is to our advantage if they download a pirated copy, and
then want to buy a license. In Ukraine, there are different products that people love so much that they
buy a license in principle. We want to create just such a product.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

They're considering it as one of the option and they haven't made final decision yet.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Bad news about GSC Game World.Owner of the company decided to close the company so future of STALKER 2 doesn't look good. sad.gif sad.gif

http://ukranews.com/...011/12/09/59663

Google Translated Quote.Sorry i don't know better:

Sergey G., founder and CEO krupneysheho developer of computer yhr in Eastern Europe - Kiev company GSC Game World - decided Close Company.
This, Ukrainian News reported ynformyrovannыy source.
According to him, today, 9 December, G. announced closure of the company on the assembly of the labor collective.
Clean up your decision on obъyasnyl lychnыmy reasons not konkretyzyruya's.
Vicar company poobeschaly that the prychytayuschayasya im zarabotnaya fee will vыplachena to the February 2012 year. According of the source, the company operates be about 40-50 people.
Agency interlocutor stressed that the portion of the labor collective closure connects companies with nedovolstvom Grigorovich course designing the game STALKER 2, and often - with company co k ynteresom one side from the sylovыh ​​structures, who began a, According to the interlocutor, be about two months ago.
In doing so, source stressed that the reasons vыsheukazannыe - is only predpolozhenyya and versions.
GSC Game World Company operates in yndustryy of computer yhr s 1995 year. She has released more than ten sobstvennыh yhrovыh projects, including, "Cossacks", "STALKER", "Zavoevanye America," "Heroes unychtozhennыh ymperyy." The first Two were sverhpopulyarnыmy kultovыmy and even in circles of Ukrainian gamers.
G. became entrepreneurs in 2010 year in Ukraine on versions of the company Ernst & Young.

Read news in ukranews.com sotsyalnыh setyah facebook and twitter.
Sources: Ukrainian news
Tags: GSC Game World, G., Yhra, Games, elimination of

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

From the Stalker 2 Wiki page-

QUOTE (Wikipedia @ today)
December 9, 2011 there was an informal information that GSC Game World has been closed and all work on the game STALKER Two were terminated. While many employees and gaming publications have confirmed this information, but on December 9, an official statement was not. The same day, the network flowed concept art game.
December 10, 2011 on the official page on Twitter it was reported that the official comments from the GSC will be on Monday, December 12. December 12, the team held a meeting at which it was decided to search for investors and the possible continuation of work on the game.
December 12, 2011 GSC-Fan.com Web, organized a rally in support of the campaign. Responding to questions from the fans, Oleg Yavorsky and Ruslan Didenko said not yet ready to officially comment on the situation, thus made ​​it clear that they continue to search for any of the methods in order to prevent the closure of the campaign.
December 12, 2011 some hope is restored when GSC Game World tweets in response to the rumor, "We will do our best to continue. However, at this moment, nothing is certain."

Not much certainty, but I can't see the STALKER franchise going down personally- it's very popular. Someone will take hold of it.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

The problem isn't so much finding someone to take hold of it as it is what this someone will do with it. Hope some good news come out of this though, as the STALKER series rank among my top fps of all time. In any case, if it comes to the worst, I hope they make the engine and a-life thing available somehow, as they're pretty interesting and could be used for some fun projects.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

You see, I've always been absolutely blown away by the concepts of the STALKER games, but underwhelmed by the execution. The X-Ray engine was dated the moment it was released, and never managed to provide the gritty beauty that the landscape design deserved. If the first game had looked a bit more like, for instance, Far Cry 2, I'd have probably found it more involving. Plus, to me, the maps never felt "open-world" enough. It's a game that would suit the Frostbite or Creation engines well- though there's obviously some potential in the X-Ray engine- I mean, it did form the basis of the fantastic (if very power-hungry) 4A engine in Metro 2033.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, Dec 14 2011, 17:03)
You see, I've always been absolutely blown away by the concepts of the STALKER games, but underwhelmed by the execution. The X-Ray engine was dated the moment it was released, and never managed to provide the gritty beauty that the landscape design deserved. If the first game had looked a bit more like, for instance, Far Cry 2, I'd have probably found it more involving. Plus, to me, the maps never felt "open-world" enough. It's a game that would suit the Frostbite or Creation engines well- though there's obviously some potential in the X-Ray engine- I mean, it did form the basis of the fantastic (if very power-hungry) 4A engine in Metro 2033.

I would have never gotten into STALKER if not for the X-RAY engine. I think it was perfect for STALKER. With the gameplay being so unique, the fact that the engine felt so different was perfect.

An engine like FarCry 2's is so bland and boring compared to what the X-RAY engine offers.

I also feel that your terribly wrong by saying it didnt provide a gritty and dirty feel, it deffinitly did, the swamps in clear sky were just perfect for example.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Still no official press-release. PR stunt? Fake info from some site (cause only UkraNews claimed that, no other different sources)?

Though some people report that STALKER 2 isn't even in proper development. That only engine is ready and that studio isn't functioning now. Dunno if it's true.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

Yes, you can find a good answer here from them.

http://twitter.com/#!/gscstalker/statu...255840310071296

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

I was referring more to the A-life engine, which, despite being somewhat buggy, added a lot to the game. Instead of having scripted events or people walking around aimlessly, you had a living world. Nothing beats stalking a stalker trying to capture an artifact, wait for him to get it and then murder him and get his artifact. Or helping some band of loners repel a mutant attack. Or getting stalked by a careful bloodsucker, who'll wait for the perfect time to attack you. It was a step in awesome direction, and I'd hate for it to go to waste.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Oh wow, no.

I certainly don't want to Metro take over S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s place of my favourite ongoing FPS franchise.

The problems with finding an investor is that the investor may be aware of how long the first game was developed and would decide not to support GSC Game World. How much they would need anyways?

Grae
  • Grae

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:45 AM Edited by Supreme., 15 December 2011 - 07:39 AM.

Love the series, have probably spent nearly 500hrs over the three and many of their mods. I'd just end up rambling and reveal my technical ineptitude if I tried to detail my likes/dislikes.

Obviously will live on anyway, still having much to give on the mod side (e.g. Lost Alpha). Needless to say as well, I so hope Stalker 2 is realised somehow and am also fairly optimistic, fingers-crossed.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Some hope again for a STALKER 2:

http://www.facebook....15540469&type=1

Apparently they started again work on a game so this franchise stil have future.

Grae
  • Grae

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:59 AM Edited by Supreme., 13 January 2012 - 04:00 PM.

http://www.facebook....officialstalker
user posted image

If true, no details yet as to how they're managing it (i.e. who's providing new funding). Or was it just a GOG-style stunt? anuj_cop.gif

'Reggae Greats'? biggrin.gif http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Ganja

___
Edit:

"We are still in the process of seeking funding to back up the project," GSC spokesperson Oleg Yavorsky told us. "We are hopeful things turn out well eventually. The team really wants to see STALKER continue."

http://www.edge-onli...inish-stalker-2

They're cancelling the game
They're shutting down
They're thinking about it
They're working on it again
They're in talks about getting more money to work on it again

sleepy.gif

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Now S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is dead.

http://www.shacknews...-into-survarium

Not only funding problems, but also the company had problems with acquiring the rights to make the game. Quite painful news.

So, let's wait for the F2P MMO they're making (which is probably going to be doomed, as it's F2P and they're not going to get much money from it) and see what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. influences it has. Hopefully not the glitches and CTDs.

Luna Fortuna
  • Luna Fortuna

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 15:53)
Now S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is dead.

http://www.shacknews...-into-survarium

Not only funding problems, but also the company had problems with acquiring the rights to make the game. Quite painful news.

So, let's wait for the F2P MMO they're making (which is probably going to be doomed, as it's F2P and they're not going to get much money from it) and see what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. influences it has. Hopefully not the glitches and CTDs.

F2P games make extraordinary amounts of money, most MMOs are better off going F2P because their potential profit is much higher.

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/The__nest

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm saddened by the news of no more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but if Survarium is as good as Stalker then it will be beast. I just hope we don't have to pay for the most basic things like weapons, hopefully the format will be like TF2 where it's possibly to earn every item, but you could also purchase them...

Grae
  • Grae

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:40 PM Edited by Supreme., 29 April 2012 - 06:37 PM.

Oh dear.. may the Zone take me sad.gif

As for their new thing, can't say I hold much hope or interest for it, but we'll see..

At least there's still Lost Alpha, LURK 1.2, etc. to give me my fix icon14.gif

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Sucks, but it sounds like it will live on in "Survarium" so maybe they are just renaming it? Sounds like the same game, and its PC only. However its also a f2p MMOFPS, sucks since online only games are gay.

Link; http://www.cinemable...udio-41801.html

Link; http://www.vostokgames.com/en/projects

Link; http://survarium.com/ru/

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

A damn shame, hope Survarium is good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users