Photo

PS/2 Mouse not working on Windows 7

18 replies to this topic
Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Guys! I need help... ASAP! sad.gif My 4tech Optical Mouse, OP-620D won't work on Windows 7... Well, you see, it shows the light but the cursor just won't move... any ideas on how to fix this? I tried to open the mouse driver properties and it said that my mouse is not working due to missing Or corrupt drivers (Code 39)... I also tried to fix this via Windows 7 troubleshooting but it says that it failed to install the driver.. I'm really running out of options... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Get a USB mouse. It's like $5

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried buying a USB mouse but it still gives me the same error.. confused.gif Any more solutions?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Put in your OS disc and see if that mouse works in there. The idea is to see if the problem is hardware or software.
If it works there, then try uninstalling the mouse drivers and restart. This should force Windows to reinstall the drivers.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

ugh.. I lost my OS disc a few months ago.. blush.gif
Any other way to fix the problem..? confused.gif

EDIT:
how to uninstall mouse drivers?

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Press start key, arrow to "Computer". press the application button (between the alt and control button to the right of your space bar... it looks like a pointer with a dialog box behind it), arrow to "manage", press enter, arrow to device manager, press tab, arrow to "mouse and other pointers" and press the right arrow. Arrow to your mouse and press the application key (key you pressed in the third step), arrow to "uninstall" and press enter.

Press space to check the box to uninstall software and press enter on OK. When it asks to restart, press enter on OK and it will reinstall the drivers when it restarts. If this doesn't work, there isn't anything wrong with the drivers.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

I still doesn't work... and I'm telling you, the driver IS the problem.. take a look at this screen that I just took:
user posted image

So, any ideas on how to fix this? I'm really getting annoyed with the mouse... whatsthat.gif

AmyJones
  • AmyJones

ADVIL CHAMPION

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

Without using the mouse if you can. Uninstall the driver, and then go to Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver. On the General Properties tab of the device, go to Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:36 AM Edited by JF-Mir2, 30 October 2011 - 03:00 AM.

I tried it but the mouse still won't work... it says that Windows has failed to install the device driver etc.... any more solutions? confused.gif
I bought another USB mouse but it still gives me the Code 39 error.. help me please!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:48 AM

Try using system restore to get to a point in time when it works if it was recently enough.

Also try opening an elevated Command prompt and running system file check (sfc /scannow). That might restore the file you're looking for.

If you by chance have an Android smartphone, iPhone or an iPod Touch I can show you some software to use that to navigate your computer which would probably be easier than navigating with a keyboard until you can get your mouse restored.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

I can't do a system restore, I don't know how... blush.gif and also, I tried the sfc /scannow but it still won't work.. confused.gif

ugh.. I just don't understand.. their is a Code 39 solution for the keyboard and CD/Rom... but why no solutions for the mouse? Does any of you guys here know a similar way of removing the mouse error? like.. editing registry keys? if so, please help me!

Keyboard solution : http://blog.ryantada...rivers-code-39/
CD/DVD-ROM solution :

Both solutions shows editing .reg keys, any registry solutions for the mouse?

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

Press start, type "system restore" into the search box, enter, follow the prompts (it should be pretty obvious, I haven't used it in forever but I remember it being very intuitive.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I can see 2 restore pints but they're all dated on this current date, not last week when the problem showed up.. confused.gif

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

Alright, what kind of computer is it? If it's reasonably new (... came with windows 7 originally or even if it came with Vista originally) it should have a recovery partition on the hard drive. You can use this to make a new OS CD. Depending on what brand of computer you have (HP, Dell, etc) the instructions on how to do this vary. Try googling your make, model, and "recovery creation" to see if that can show you how to do it.

After you get an OS rebuild CD, back up all of you information and do a Windows reinstallation. You don't necessarily have to format the drive, but it will reset Windows back to its original state.

If you built the computer or for whatever reason deleted that partition then I don't know how to help you.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:11 AM

Oh well, I guess my only option left is reinstalling Windows.. sad.gif
It's such a shame that I need to go through all of these just because of a sh*tty mouse driver... angry.gif
Well, I guess I'll report back here after I reinstall my Windows tomorrow and I'll tell you if it'll be fixed.. see you guys again soon! smile.gif

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

Guys! it turned out that I shouldn't reinstall Windows after all... the Code 39 error was gone biggrin.gif .. but the mouse cursor still won't move confused.gif .. here's a screenshot without the Code 39 error:

user posted image

Help me guys.. PLEASE!!! I'm begging you, just to get my mouse back to life.. cryani.gif

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

Lock this topic down guys... I just reinstalled Windows 7 and my mouse worked again... Thanks for the help anyway.. biggrin.gif

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

actually i have the same issue. it wont let me use a PS/2 mouse so i got a USB. Its because sometimes in the Win vista and 7 installer it wont install the mouse. I discovered this on ms answers. You need to upgrade your drivers.

http://answers.micro...66-0ca3dd58a43d

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 22:29)
actually i have the same issue. it wont let me use a PS/2 mouse so i got a USB. Its because sometimes in the Win vista and 7 installer it wont install the mouse. I discovered this on ms answers. You need to upgrade your drivers.

http://answers.micro...66-0ca3dd58a43d

Or install the drivers for the mouse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users