Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone think PC is going to get shafted again?

83 replies to this topic

Poll: I think the PC version of the game... (267 member(s) have cast votes)

I think the PC version of the game...

1. will be as optimized as consoles (35 votes [14.58%])

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

2. will be a good port (85 votes [35.42%])

Percentage of vote: 35.42%

3. will be another fail port (42 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

4. won't even be announced (30 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

5. who cares? (48 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

I guess we can only hope this one will be a good port and not be an afterthought like IV.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

One thing that makes me a little more relaxed is that, different from GTA4 that was released for a new generation of consoles, GTA5 will be released in the same generation, so I think it'll be somewhat more benefical for PC players.

And even for consoles players, as I imagine that they polished the game a little more than GTA4.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

if it gets ported.
see you in two years when you pick the game up like myself, disappointed that you know all of the details and have already seen everyone else talk about all of the details, yet you still have to pay $60.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (TruXter @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 00:08)
if it gets ported.
see you in two years when you pick the game up like myself, disappointed that you know all of the details and have already seen everyone else talk about all of the details, yet you still have to pay $60.

I know what you say, and I must add that here in Brazil is a little worse, if you wanna buy the retail version. You must add some months of delay until game dealers "discover" a new GTA edition was released.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (TruXter @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 02:08)
if it gets ported.

exactly its all to do with consoles - SUKS soooo hard because it takes a pc to make a game in the 1st place.,Not to mention they want the money from Console games .
why dont they try to see how it goes 1st by releasing all 3 games @ once see how much they will get....
Ithink a sh*t storm more....

Srry but thats my 2 cents in....

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

why dont they try to see how it goes 1st by releasing all 3 games @ once see how much they will get....

Same thinking here. What's wrong with it? Even if it's about business - why do R* cares that someone might buy PC version instead of console? Still 1 copy for them.

IcewaX
  • IcewaX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

Terrible port. They want you to buy into the console versions asap becouse that's where the big bucks are. Gta 4 was a prime example. The cycle will continue. Consumer rights has been compromised by loopholes. If it "technically works", thats not "quality satisfaction to equal customers", but only to the minority who either ignore the low fps drops, or are just oblivious to fps performance altogether.

How is it that ones nvidia 8800 gts cannot outperform the nvidia 7300 of the ps3, or the x1600 of the xbox 360, even with the extra ram and cpu power? Marketing ploy.

Banserk
  • Banserk

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

I'm happy if we get a port at all. I had no problems with GTA IV, unlike many others.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

u can do whatever u want !!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

I think the biggest problem with PC ports is piracy. A sh*t ton of potential sales are lost each year because of people pirating games. The sad thing about it is that all of the DRM/anti-piracy software doesn't really affect the people who are pirating the games, it only affects the legitimate customers.

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:57 AM Edited by MajorVienna, 31 October 2011 - 08:59 AM.

Not at launch, more money to be made by running consoles first.

I will not be getting the console version, I cannot go back to console GTA, I could do it for PS2 but with IV it's become a technical mess.

I had the PS3 (in other words, the Xbox version) of IV and I did no more than 10 missions, fooled around a bit and that was enough for me to call time.

My verdict is that it will be announced, and Rockstar will deliver a quality PC version.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 08:50)
I think the biggest problem with PC ports is piracy. A sh*t ton of potential sales are lost each year because of people pirating games. The sad thing about it is that all of the DRM/anti-piracy software doesn't really affect the people who are pirating the games, it only affects the legitimate customers.

Let me ask you this hypothetically.

If I were to pirate a game that I otherwise would not have spent any money on, is that a loss of a potential sale? Or is it actually a gain of a sale because of the person who bought it to leak it?

*Note: I do not condone piracy.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 09:55)

If I were to pirate a game that I otherwise would not have spent any money on, is that a loss of a potential sale? Or is it actually a gain of a sale because of the person who bought it to leak it?

That's assuming the person who's leaking it actually bought the game (as opposed to downloading it from another pirate and seeding it). You only need one person to buy the game and seed it, then the multitudes will download/reseed it.

And don't worry, I'm a pirate.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 10:12)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 09:55)

That's assuming the person who's leaking it actually bought the game (as opposed to downloading it from another pirate and seeding it). You only need one person to buy the game and seed it, then the multitudes will download/reseed it.

And don't worry, I'm a pirate.

Someone had to either buy it or steal it eventually down the line. sly.gif

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Of course, of course. I'm just saying that it only takes one person to buy the game, then seed it on a website such as piratebay.org. After that, it's over lol.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

This isn't about piracy. 360 games get pirated a lot too, yet they still receive a polished piece.

It's all about $$.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Rockstar aren't talking, but from what I've read, Sam Houser has cited his youth with Nintendo, and I'm sure for some of the NORTH guys, its experience and fondness for consoles, so like us, they are gamers who didn't solely use PCs for gaming

Marutzu
  • Marutzu

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Drunk Russian 9 @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 20:09)
I wish I could play on console, but the problem is Ive been spoiled by high res, astounding graphics, and the rich modding community. While you guys playing PS3/360 laugh realize we've been where you once were and found something much better. You're just too stubborn to try alternatives to the mainstream media.

props on this post man! but i don't even bother anymore with these console kids....i prefer to wait longer and enjoy a better product that play it on release date. cool.gif

KrazzyDJ
  • KrazzyDJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

After what happened with IV, I'm more or less confident that we're bound to get a PC version. A few months after the console version ??? Most probably yes !!!

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

Piracy is the lamest excuse ever about this subject, generally thrown by console players

First because there's also piracy for console. It doesn't exist for PS3 yet because people didn't manage to do it 100%. This doesn't mean they're not trying.

Second, if you have the money to buy a console or PC able to run this game, and you're not a gangsta or hacker wannabe, you'll buy it legit.

bobbybrand
  • bobbybrand

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

I had no problem with IV for PC and I played it both on 360 and PC. It felt exactly the same for me. I think it will be a great port, and can't wait to see all the fun mods people make for it smile.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

There's STILL some Rockstar studios unaccounted for, and Leeds have nothing lined up after L.A.Noire, so, I think they'll be judging how well Max Payne 3 does, where the PC version is coming along side the console ones.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

PC version provides a much longer lasting appeal( mods) and i think the pc version may have more people playing now compared to other consoles( could be wrong)

I think R* will make a good port.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Marutzu @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 13:43)
QUOTE (Drunk Russian 9 @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 20:09)
I wish I could play on console, but the problem is Ive been spoiled by high res, astounding graphics, and the rich modding community. While you guys playing PS3/360 laugh realize we've been where you once were and found something much better. You're just too stubborn to try alternatives to the mainstream media.

props on this post man! but i don't even bother anymore with these console kids....i prefer to wait longer and enjoy a better product that play it on release date. cool.gif

I just tell it like it is.

Truth be told, I don't understand why R* North doesn't do the PC title. Until they do, the PC release is a joke... not only being ported but outsourced to R* Toronto, with tight deadlines and limited budget, resulting in a mess of a game. I mean take note form BF3, and do a simultaneous release that capitalizes on the advantages of PC... imagine playing free mode with 64 people. It's possible.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

Ultimately you did, thanks to Mods, but perhaps both curse the mods if they make PC games unavailable because no one likes "reverse engineering", puts them at legal risk perhaps, and there's threat of code being used frankly, without permissions granted, anytime they are under threat of losing money, it's going to cause a recoil perhaps, like the music industry over home taping, DAT, and MP3 P2P sharing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users