Photo

[GTA IV] Simple Native Trainer Tutorial

3 replies to this topic
geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:12 AM Edited by Prominent Fate, 05 November 2011 - 11:49 AM.

NOTE: This tutorial works with all types of Grand Theft Auto IV's (disc and download). COMPATIBLE WITH THE STEAM VERSION!

Alright, first step is to download the actual modification. You can find modifications around a lot of websites. The two I usually use are the "GTA Garage", which is powered by GTAForums, and I also tend to use GTAGaming (I'll give links at the bottom of the post). So, for most modifications you're going to need WinRar. WinRar's simple to use, and there's many websites around that have links to download the version for free. Only problem, it pops up saying you're on the 40 day trial, but you'll have it for ever. (That's what mine does, anyway).

So. You've got your modification, now what? Well, now you're going to need the ASI Loader. Now, the XLiveless and original ASI Loader won't work, so, you're going to need to download YAASIL if you're playing from a Steam version of Grand Theft Auto IV PC. You can download this from various websites, but, I'll post a link to the topic on GTAForums so that it's easier to find if you need it again.

So, you've got your ASI Loader, and you've got your modification. Now you're going to need to install the modification into the Grand Theft Auto IV game. I'd recommend saving your current game, and exiting Grand Theft Auto IV whilst you do this, to avoid any data corruption. So, here's how to do it, step-by-step:

1.) Open up your Grand Theft Auto IV main directory (Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv). An easier way to get to your Grand Theft Auto main directory is to go to Computer -> Program Files, and then search "Grand Theft Auto IV" in the search bar. (Click the file, not the white piece of paper icon). Then click on the GTAIV folder.

2.) Alright, first you want to move some files from your Modification's file to your Grand Theft Auto IV main directory. The following files are what you need to place in the IV directory: ScriptHook.dll, Trainer.asi and your Trainer.ini.

3.) Now that you've sorted out the Modification, you need to make sure your ASI Loader's in your Grand Theft Auto IV main directory too. Now, you need to place the dsound.dll file from your ASI Loader into the Grand Theft Auto IV main directory.

4.) Now your Simple Native Trainer 6.3 should work. Open Grand Theft Auto IV and see for yourself! But, it's only going to work in the original Grand Theft Auto. If you want it to work in Episodes of Liberty City too, you're going to have to follow other steps in order to make it work. If you wish to do this, send me a PM and I'll reply to you with these steps.

Here's some links to things I mentioned in my post:
YAASIL ASI Loader
Simple Native Trainer 6.3
Win-Rar 32-Bit
YouTube tutorial for Simple Native Trainer 6.3

Hope this helps. If you get confused with the YouTube video, and need help with anything more regarding the Simple Native Trainer's installation on either Grand Theft Auto IV or Episodes From Liberty City, don't hesitate to PM me. Happy Modding!

NaturalPlatinum
  • NaturalPlatinum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I have tried this several times and other options too and have tried this for hours. No matter what i do i can't seem to get it to work. help. confused.gif

The curse74
  • The curse74

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (NaturalPlatinum @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 23:40)
I have tried this several times and other options too and have tried this for hours. No matter what i do i can't seem to get it to work. help. confused.gif

This post is outdated, I haven't tried this myself but I think I saw version 6.5 somewhere. Might be worth checking out?

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

Mike

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by Voit Turyv, 05 April 2013 - 02:00 PM.

Nevermind, wrong topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users