Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Round 6
Grand Theft Auto III Tenth Anniversary Memorial Round
NEW STARTER SAVE: Made on June 22 2011, 12:00:00
Game Script Version: 1.0
Chain Game Code Version: 2.2
Ten years ago the world has seen the release of an awesome game: the infamous Grand Theft Auto III - the game that literally turned the gaming world upside down! Today, while we have hard-ass games like GTA IV, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and Saints Row 3 on the line, Grand Theft Auto III still remains popular. And to commemorate this game's anniversary, we will play this Grand Memorial Round and say all together: "Happy Birthday, Grand Theft Auto III! May your popularity last forever!"
The Chain Game is for anyone who wants to play along. Usually it goes from Zero to Hero: from the very beginning to the very end and, eventually, 100%.
Please, read the Rules or the Quick Start Guide before you start to play. The Rules are here so that the game can progress smoothly and everyone can have an enjoyable experience of contributing into bringing the game towards 100%.
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and want to plunge right in, simply look through the Quick Start Guide and read the complete set of rules later. You're excused for now but eventually you'll have to do it. Otherwise, you'll spoil all the fun. And not only for the others, but for yourself as well!
Quick Start Guide
Supplement To The Rules
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Personnel
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Records Book
Liberty City Gangs Status
Hideout Items List
Unique Vehicles List
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Hosted Mods
Quick Start Guide
- Take a turn by posting in this topic.
- Download the last save.
- Play one mission (if there is more than one available, choose the one you desire). Remember: DO NOT get busted or wasted during your turn or it won't count!
- Upload your save on Samutz Save'N'Play
- Post the link to your savefile back here within 3 hours. Edit your original post to do this.
- Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or CLEO scripts. They can seriously mess up things later in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but for the other players as well. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect on a save after having used the cheats, it is better not to use them. See exceptions for this rule below.
- Take a turn by posting in the topic.
- Download the previously posted save file. We want to use the same save file throughout the game and take it to 100%.
- Complete ONE Named Mission only, save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link back in the topic (use the Edit button).
- The Named Mission is any mission that changes the save file name. Examples are "Luigi's Girls", "Chaperone" and "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!".
- Several Named Missions are exceptions from the 'One Named Mission Rule'. Find all details on these in the Supplement To The Rules.
- Use Samutz's uploader to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down, you can use any other file sharing network.
- Use the preferred posting format (see below).
- Wait until 2 other turns have been completed before taking your turn again.
- If 4 hours pass without anybody completing a turn, the '2-mission wait rule' is reset and anyone can take a turn. This does NOT mean waiting 4 hours between personal turn calls.
- The time limit to complete the turn is 3 hours. We will use the post time in the topic to define the player's deadline. The timer starts when the caller has made a post indicating that he has taken a turn. If 3 hours pass and the caller does not post back, it's a forfeit and anyone else can take a turn.
- The caller can forfeit. The forfeiter should skip at least one turn or wait until the '2-mission wait rule' has been reset before taking his turn again. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '2-mission wait rule' and will not reset the 4 hour timer.
- In the event of two gamers taking a turn at the same time, the one who posted earlier has the turn.
- Mission strategy is up to the player - just don't use cheats, trainers, mods or CLEO scripts (for exceptions see below).
- DO NOT save after getting busted or wasted.
- The player can purchase weapons, respray the vehicles, set up the bombs and have relations with prostitutes. Please, let us know about any of this stuff in the Notes section of your post.
- The player can do any available side missions/collections/deliveries in the 3 hours. Please, report any rewards received for them in the Notes section.
- Nobody is forbidden to get to Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open.
- Let's try not to trash this topic with unnecessary comments and replies. If you have something to say about the Chain Game, post in the Chain Game Lounge.
- Only mods that are hosted by the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game are allowed to be used during turn completion.
A request to all players
Please, post the game completion percentage after you have completed your turn. This will help in putting together the statistics at the end of the round. The completion percentage can be found in the first line of STATS menu.
- Try to keep the mission failures to minimum unless it's to collect a special vehicle (BP/EP/FP/unique color/unique vehicle). If a special vehicle has been collected, let us know about it in the Notes section.
- Try to keep the safe house saves to minimum. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.
- Try to save with full health and armor.
- It is always good to have as much health points as possible. That's why the players are encouraged to use the Prostitute Trick to increase Claude's health to 125 points. Write down whether this trick has been performed and the quantity of money spent on hiring a hooker in the Notes section.
- Save close to available missions when possible.
- It is good to be able to access all islands using a Dodo rather than special techniques. That's why the players are advised to fill the Portland Docks Garage as soon as possible.
- Letís try to have the last save for 100% be "The Exchange", so try to get everything else done before that.
This supplement is designed to discuss some technicalities of the Chain Game's rules.
I. Abuse of the Chain Game method:
Players are encouraged to understand the basic ethics of the Chain Game. One should only take a turn once the previous player has completed his/her turn and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound.
II. Exceptions from the 'One Named Mission Rule':
This 'mission' is, in fact, a named cutscene finishing Asuka's "S.A.M." mission.
2. 'Lame Missions':
- "Bomb da Base: Act I"
- "Love's Disappearance"
These are named missions, although all of them are, in fact, only cutscenes with no action going on. These missions are exceptions from the 'One Named Mission Rule'.
- "Patriot Playground"
- "A Ride In The Park"
- "Multistorey Mayhem"
These are exceptions from the 'One Named Mission Rule' and can be combined in any number with any other Named Mission. Also, they can be reaccepted anytime by any of the players to improve record times.
4. TOYZ missions:
- "Mafia Massacre"
- "Diablo Destruction"
- "Casino Calamity"
- "Rumpo Rampage"
These are also exceptions from the 'One Named Mission Rule' and can therefore be as well combined in any number with any other Named Mission. They as well can be reaccepted at any time by any of the players to improve records.
III. Other things to keep in mind:
1. Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Jumps
Feel free to get any of these but remember: the 3-hour rule remains. Also, put any rewards received for Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Jumps into the Notes section.
2. Vehicle Export
All players are allowed to participate in exporting cars, and this does not have to be done separately. Players can also help by storing cars on the lists beforehand when they come across these.
Some missions must be completed before another mission, otherwise 100% will become unaccessible. These are:
- Luigi's missions "Pump-Action Pimp" and "The Fuzz Ball", Joey's missions "Dead Skunk In The Trunk" and "The Getaway" before Salvatore's mission "Last Requests";
- Kenji's missions "Kanbu Bust-Out", "Grand Theft Auto", "Deal Steal", "Shima" and "Smack Down" before Donald's mission "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!";
- Asuka's mission "Two-Faced Tanner" before Donald's mission "Grand Theft Aero"
This thing is not needed for 100% Completion. But still, it is always good to have some extra money on account. That's why the players are encouraged to deliver Securicars to the Cracker Garage as soon as it becomes available, and this does not have to be done separately. Also note that the delivery will become much easier if the Portland Docks Garage will have been filled at that moment.
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like "that mission where you kill Salvatore".
Called by: Use your GTAFourms account name.
Link: The link to your uploaded savefile after you've completed your turn.
Completion: Completion percentage from STATS menu.
Notes: Rewards for storyline missions/side missions/collections/deliveries and other extra information.
A simple "I'll take a turn" is enough to take a turn (most players do it this way), but please, use this posting format for your completed turns. Below you'll find a template you can copy and paste, it looks just like the example above. Feel free to change the colors to your liking.
- Arsen Vitiuk - GTA III Chain Game Chief (Active)
- dingleman - GTA III Chain Game Second-In-Command (Inactive)
- lol232 - GTA III Chain Game Assistant Chief (Active)
- fireguy109 - GTA III Chain Game Senior Executive (Active)
- Cida Melo - GTA III Chain Game Veteran Player and a huge fan of Claude Speed and GTA III in the whole! (Inactive)
- magneto - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Active)
- Filip454 - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Active)
- Th3Man1 - GTA III Chain Game Skilled Player (Active)
- SatournFan - GTA III Chain Game Player (Inactive)
- M.A.K - GTA III Chain Game Player (Inactive)
- Stahli - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive)
- .Lycosa - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive)
- ToniForelli - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive)
- q_b - GTA III Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive)
Percentage complete: 100%
Player who did the missions
Give Me Liberty
Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up - SatournFan
Drive Misty For Me - magneto
Pump-Action Pimp - Filip454
The Fuzz Ball - lol232
Mike 'Lips' Last Lunch - ToniForelli
Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong - fireguy109
Van Heist - Arsen Vitiuk
Cipriani's Chauffeur - fireguy109
Dead Skunk In The Trunk - SatournFan
The Getaway - Filip454
The Crook - SatournFan
The Thieves - Arsen Vitiuk
The Wife - Arsen Vitiuk
Her Lover - Arsen Vitiuk
Taking Out The Laundry - lol232
The Pickup - Arsen Vitiuk
Salvatore's Called A Meeting - Arsen Vitiuk
Triads And Tribulations - Arsen Vitiuk
Blow Fish - Arsen Vitiuk
Turismo - SatournFan
I Scream, You Scream - Arsen Vitiuk
Trial By Fire - Th3MaN1
Big'N'Veiny - magneto
Chaperone - Filip454
Cutting The Grass - Arsen Vitiuk
Bomb da Base: Act I - Arsen Vitiuk
Last Requests - Th3MaN1
Bomb da Base: Act II - Arsen Vitiuk (First Cutscene) ; magneto (The Mission)
Sayonara Salvatore - Th3MaN1
Under Surveillance - magneto
Paparazzi Purge - Th3MaN1
Payday for Ray - Th3MaN1
Two-Faced Tanner - magneto
Bait - magneto
Espresso-2-Go! - fireguy109
S.A.M - Filip454
Ransom - Filip454
Kanbu Bust-Out - Arsen Vitiuk
Grand Theft Auto - Filip454
Deal Steal - Arsen Vitiuk
Shima - Arsen Vitiuk
Smack Down - Arsen Vitiuk
Silence The Sneak - SatournFan
Arms Shortage - Arsen Vitiuk
Evidence Dash - magneto
Gone Fishing - Arsen Vitiuk
Plaster Blaster - magneto
Marked Man - lol232
Liberator - Arsen Vitiuk
Waka-Gashira Wipeout! - Arsen Vitiuk
A Drop In The Ocean - Filip454
Grand Theft Aero - Arsen Vitiuk
Escort Service - Arsen Vitiuk
Decoy - Filip454
Love's Disappearance - Arsen Vitiuk
Bling-Bling Scramble - Arsen Vitiuk
UZI Rider - SatournFan
Gangcar Roundup - Arsen Vitiuk
Kingdom Come - Th3MaN1
UZI Money - Arsen Vitiuk
Toyminator - Arsen Vitiuk
Rigged To Blow - magneto
Bullion Run - Arsen Vitiuk
Rumble - Th3MaN1
The Exchange - Filip454
Hidden Packages: 100/100 - SatournFan (1) ; lol232 (1) ; ToniForelli (5) ; Th3MaN1 (8) ; Arsen Vitiuk (85)
Rampages: 20/20 - Arsen Vitiuk (20)
Unique Jumps: 20/20 - ToniForelli (2) ; Arsen Vitiuk (18)
Taxi: 100/100 - SatournFan (5) ; Arsen Vitiuk (95)
Firefighter: 20/20 (Portland) - Arsen Vitiuk (20) | 20/20 (Staunton) - lol232 (20) | 20/20 (Shoreside) - lol232 (20)
Vigilante: 29/20 (Portland) - fireguy109 (29) | 20/20 (Staunton) - q_b (20) | 20/20 (Shoreside) - q_b (11) ; Arsen Vitiuk (9)
Patriot Playground - Arsen Vitiuk
A Ride In The Park - Arsen Vitiuk
Gripped! - Arsen Vitiuk
Multistorey Mayhem - Arsen Vitiuk
Mafia Massacre - Arsen Vitiuk
Diablo Destruction - Arsen Vitiuk
Casino Calamity - Arsen Vitiuk
Rumpo Rampage - Arsen Vitiuk
Portland Harbor Crane
Ambulance - Arsen Vitiuk
Firetruck - Arsen Vitiuk
Police - Arsen Vitiuk
Enforcer - Arsen Vitiuk
FBI Car - Arsen Vitiuk
Rhino - Arsen Vitiuk
Barracks OL - Arsen Vitiuk
Portland Docks Garage
Securicar - Arsen Vitiuk
Moonbeam - Arsen Vitiuk
Coach - Arsen Vitiuk
Flatbed - Arsen Vitiuk
Linerunner - Arsen Vitiuk
Trashmaster - Arsen Vitiuk
Patriot - SatournFan
Mr Whoopee - fireguy109
Blista - fireguy109
Mule - Arsen Vitiuk
Yankee - magneto
Bobcat - Arsen Vitiuk
Dodo - lol232
Bus - Arsen Vitiuk
Rumpo - SatournFan
Pony - Arsen Vitiuk
Pike Creek Import Garage
Sentinel - Arsen Vitiuk
Cheetah - Arsen Vitiuk
Banshee - Arsen Vitiuk
Idaho - Arsen Vitiuk
Infernus - Arsen Vitiuk
Taxi - Arsen Vitiuk
Kuruma - Arsen Vitiuk
Stretch - Arsen Vitiuk
Perennial - Arsen Vitiuk
Stinger - Arsen Vitiuk
Manana - Arsen Vitiuk
Landstalker - Arsen Vitiuk
Stallion - Arsen Vitiuk
BF Injection - Arsen Vitiuk
Cabbie - Arsen Vitiuk
Esperanto - Arsen Vitiuk
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Records Book
Patriot Playground in secs: 183 - Arsen Vitiuk
A Ride In The Park in secs: 95 - Arsen Vitiuk
Gripped! in secs: 240 - Arsen Vitiuk
Multistorey Mayhem in secs: 85 - Arsen Vitiuk
Turismo time: 175 - SatournFan
Time for Bomb Defusal ("Rigged To Blow"): 200 - magneto
Bling-Bling Scramble checkpoints: 15 - Arsen Vitiuk
Mafia Massacre: 10 - Arsen Vitiuk
Diablo Destruction: 8 - Arsen Vitiuk
Casino Calamity: 7 - Arsen Vitiuk
Rumpo Rampage: 7 - Arsen Vitiuk
Longest Flight in Dodo: 52 - q_b
The records for Turismo, Bling-Bling Scramble and Bomb Defusal CANNOT be re-written. It means the section's recordsman is permanent in the GTA III Chain Game. But all other records can be improved by any of the players.
Leone Family Mafia
Liberty City Triads
Liberty City Yakuza
Colombian Drug Cartel
Neutral to Claude
The following list was made to make players aware of which items are already available at hideouts and which are still not. The unavailable items will have the requirements on how to get them in the brackets next to the item's name.
Police bribes: 6/6
The following vehicles are unique and therefore most of them can only be acquired once in the game. The GTA III Chain Game players are advised to add some of these vehicles to the garages because some of them have unique properties which may be very helpful during the course of the game.
- Pale-green Kuruma (UC) - during "Give Me Liberty" [SS]
- Payroll van (BP/FP) - during "Van Heist" [S]
- Cheetah (BP/EP/FP) - during "Turismo"
- Manana with corpse in the trunk (UV) - during "Dead Skunk In The Trunk" [P]
- Leone Black Limo (UC) - during "Salvatore's Called A Meeting" & "Chaperone"
- Dust Cart (BP/FP/UC) - during "Blow Fish"
- FBI Black Rumpo (UC) - during "Under Surveillance"
- Dark-red Cheetah (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
- Dark-red Stinger (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
- Dark-red Infernus (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
- Barracks OL (BP) - during "Arms Shortage" [S]
- Bobcat (BP/EP/FP) - during "Evidence Dash"
- Ghost (UV) - during "Gone Fishing"
- Ray Machowski's Patriot (BP) - after "Marked Man" [S]
- Securicar with black trims (UC) - during "Escort Service" and "Decoy"
- Black FBI Car (UC) - get a 5-star wanted level
BP - Bulletproof;
EP - Explosionproof;
FP - Fireproof;
UC - unique color;
UV - unique vehicle;
in bold - Special vehicle;
in green - acquired vehicles;
in yellow - acquirable vehicles;
in red - unacquirable vehicles;
[P] - in Portland garage;
[S] - in Staunton garage;
[SS] - in Shoreside garage
This is the section for mods created by the Chain Game players. If you play the GTA III Chain Game and have a brilliant mod you want to share with other players, PM me, and if your mod is good enough, I will add it here so any player can utilize it.
- Weapon enhancements (made by Arsen Vitiuk and lol232)
- Euro 2012 paintjobs (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Cool Claude skin (made by lol232)
- Lowered Full-winged Dodo path (made by dingleman)
- PlayStation 2 Ghost Color Scheme (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Gang Vehicles Flag Colors (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- Hooker City (made by Arsen Vitiuk)
- InfiniteClip/No Reload (made by Arsen Vitiuk)