Photo

The Shootout! (Video)

11 replies to this topic
Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

Just another short we did with spare time I had while visting home. Was fun.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Really enjoyed it. It has a really nice actiony feel to it in the first minute or so before it slows down a bit when you go scrambling up the hill. The handicam gives it a nice and hectic feel, though a tripod for some of the stationary shots would've been appreciated (although I can see how they aren't exactly practical in the middle of the woods). Loved the shifting focus after the hooded guy gets shot.

Also, if that's the same mate you shot your Boys Village films with, he could really do with investing in a new jacket tounge.gif .

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Haha thanks mate. Glad you enjoyed it! It was a first for us, so hopefully, we can only get better.

As for the jacket, I know, we laughed about that, saying we may aswell make a BV3! Haha! Also, I had the same jumper as in the Art video, and the Fake Claims Direct video without realising!

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

That's great, I have no words. icon14.gif

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Haha, thanks mate.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Nice job, the falling gun in slow motion is a really nice detail. icon14.gif

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hey Hell No glad your still banging out your videos icon14.gif

I liked the direction as it gave a good the kinetic feel to the video, helped immerse the viewer into the intensity the characters were facing. However if i was to offer criticism it would be all on the special fx front. I know there an absolute bore but presentation is all in the detail. The slide-back, the shell ejection and the ambient light off the muzzle-flash help create an intense gunshot. Anyway i am not trying to undermine your work just offer some help smile.gif as we are both aspiring filmmakers, so if you need any effects for your next film and would rather focus on directing/editing id be more then happy to help with the special fx composition side as I have to wait till feb for my next film project and want to keep my effect side busy.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Thanks mate.

It my friend who does all the editing, I just start and shoot! Haha. Would be great to have more effects though!

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:41 AM Edited by Typhus, 12 November 2011 - 11:44 AM.

A good, fun movie. I plan to make a similar project myself. Have any tips for a budding film maker? smile.gif
I liked this very much, the location was brilliant by the way. What's the story behind that place? It looks like the ruins of some building.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

I do apologise, I didn't even catch up on this thread!

Typhus, did you make that similar project afterwards?

Also, I found this out about the location...

"The Sawmill was built around 1835 by the Romilly Estate. It was worked originally by Joseph Williams, a journeyman carpenter. After his death in 1880 the business was taken over by another Joseph Williams, the estate bailiff who established a blacksmiths and wheelwright's shop nearby. His son George was the last to manage the sawmill until the late 1920's. The building was then apparently used as a scout headquarters, before being abandoned. The building was erected across the stream bed, and was driven by a cast iron waterwheel."

playaindahood
  • playaindahood

Cooljunk Productions

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

Good but muzzle flares are pretty small and dont seem to really give off any smoke. they're also pretty underexposed. gun sounds were a bit dull as well. blood bursts did not move with the camera pan (could use some motion tracking) and are very bright, and sort of look like blobs.

Just some things to work on.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

Agreed. Hopefully we have pulled it off a bit better in our new 20 minute film.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users