Please if the vid helped you, Click the Like button. Thank You.
I dont usually do that, but I just want that people notice this video, so they wont be asking in the comment section of any map mod "How to install this?"
How To: Install Custom Maps to GTA IV/EFLC. PC Version ONLY!!
How to install: (Text version)
1. Download a map mod you like (Links below)
2. Open the downloaded file using 7Zip or WinRaR
3. Open up your GTA IV/EFLC main folder and locate the folder called 'pc'
4. Open 'data' then 'maps'
5. Drag or Extract the map folder from your downloaded map file which is opened with 7Zip or WinRaR
6. Open up your GTA IV/GTA EFLC main folder and open up the folder called 'common'
7. Open up 'data' folder
8. Locate files, gta.dat and images.txt, open them in Notepad
9. Open gta.dat and locate this line: IDE platform:/DATA/MAPS/EAST/BRONX_E2.IDE) add the line from your map mods ReadMe after that line
10. Scroll down a bit until you see line: IPL platform:/DATA/MAPS/EAST/BRONX_E2.IPL, then open up your map mods ReadMe and add the line after line from the ReadMe
11. Save and close images.txt and gta.dat
12. Open up your game and go the location of the map
Here's some links for Tracks you might wanna use in your Grand Theft Auto:
Special thx to Rob.Zombie for putting up this forum topic where you can download some of the maps, also thanks to StillDre & Nine30 for their map mods!
Hazyview, Ebisu Touge, Tsukuba, Ebisu, Hakone, CEA Speedway:
Dakota Racetrack: (Can be also found from GTAInside)
SAkina, Autopolis and Iroha:
Nürburgring: Nordschleife: (Can be also found from GTA4-Mods)
Desert IV: http://www.gta4-mods...esert-iv-f11140
Desert IV - Add-On Map: http://www.gta4-mods...d-on-map-f11314
Liberty Green: http://www.gta4-mods...ty-green-f11363
Red Dead Desert - Reloaded: http://www.gta4-mods...reloaded-f11448
Dead Race Island:
Maple Valley Raceway 1.1 + Aqua Fun Add-On:
Top Gear Map:
Test Track Map:
Offroad Hills Map:
Drift Paradise Map:
Desert Rally Map:
Some of the map mods may cause crashes, texture loss or that your game won't start, when you notice that some of these 3 things happen, remove the folder from pc, data, maps and remove the lines you've added to gta.dat & images.txt.
Or just reinstall your game.
If you have any queston PM me on YouTube or ask it in the comments section below.
Edited by Carrythxd, 24 September 2012 - 02:55 PM.