Photo

Want a packer

23 replies to this topic
MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

I'm trying to do everything that can be done before starting the first story mission. I have done quite a lot but now I'm stuck with the unique stunts. 2 of them are in the place where we take Cortez missions. Like in this video I have tried to put ambulance in the water. But failed every time and I'm running out of patience. There's a Packer truck at the film studio but is there a packer available anywhere else before starting story missions? I just thought it would be pretty easy to do the mentioned 2 stunts by using the Packer to jump to the boat platform.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

You can't get any packers, there is one in Studio, but you can't get it out.
Try with another vehicle, Perfect example is Bus or Coach.
I usually find one near Malibu Club.
Or Try Stretch.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

But of course you can get that Packer
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059624110

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:48 AM Edited by Nukey Shay, 22 October 2011 - 12:57 AM.

Since you are trying to complete as much as possible anyway...do the taxi fares before attempting the jumps. With hydraulics equipped, either style of taxi can jump right through the upper part of the pier gate. Now on the docks with the taxi, use the hydraulics just as you hit the ramps and you can reach the other side for UJ completion (except for the one jump which cannot be done early - the initial jump from G-Spotlight).

The taxi will get a little damaged as it glitches through the gate...but it should pop through to the other side quite easily if you jump through dead-center. The frustrating part is timing the hydraulic press correctly for the dock-to-dock jumps. Hit it too soon and you end up in the water. Too late, and the cab flips over.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

This Pinned topic right here, is great help for anyone who is trying to get as much as possible done before the storyline is touched...Thanks to Demarest for the guide... smile.gif

However, there are a few things like the Chopper Check Points, and one UJ that cannot be done before certain missions...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 05:57)
However, there are a few things like the Chopper Check Points, and one UJ that cannot be done before certain missions...

You forgot the second one - on top of Schumann Healthcare Center. This one is also impossible to do.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 06:54)
QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 05:57)

You forgot the second one - on top of Schumann Healthcare Center. This one is also impossible to do.

Very possible, I did it myself with pure luck once.
QUOTE (vasil72)
The first way: Take a Packer, and leave it near to the Downtown's Hospital. It's easy to find where exactly is the right place for putting it. Then jump using PCJ 600. That's all! That is the way which I've used.

The second way: You can reach to the Hospital's roof with PCJ 600 again, but just with doing a good stunt - simple! I haven't done it like that, but I saw a vid on YouTube about it. I don't remember who is the owner of the vid, YouTuve is huge.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 06:54)

You are so wrong... sly.gif

http://www.gtaforums...entry1058188190

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Wow! Didn't think that was possible!

Thanks both pomor and lol232 for showing me the way!

Now I will know one more trick about how to do side stuff before the Storyline.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

That one can also be done with a hydraulic-equipped taxi...park a Packer (found near the boatyard) on the raised section of the hospital's entrance and you can jump up to the roof very easily using them, then use the hydraulics again on the UJ ramp.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Wow, cool! Have to try that out!

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

May I ask what was the first mentioned stunt that couldn't be done?

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

The initial skyscraper-to-skyscraper jump featured near the beginning of "G-Spotlight". The elevator needs to be active to get up there normally...and that elevator is locked until you've attempted the mission.

So, that jump is impossible to complete without storyline progression. Tho I suppose it is reachable by using a cheatdisc gravity code so you don't need the elevator wink.gif

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Ok. I was also wondering, do the stunts count towards 100% only when all of them are done?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Teme84 @ Saturday, Oct 22 2011, 14:54)
Ok. I was also wondering, do the stunts count towards 100% only when all of them are done?

Yes, the stunts do count for 100%-San Andreas is the only game that made the jumps optional...

Also, note that there is a glitch in the Test Track/Trial by Dirt missions, to where you must do one before the other and get a lower time on the second one for it to register in your stats as completed-and both times will be the same.-Spuds and myself have confirmed this one...

Also, on the Shooting Range-It must be done twice-once during a mission for the Malibu and the next is after the mission, you must return to the shooting range and pass the first round with either a 30 or 45-not sure which, since it's been a while since I played VC and have seen some say 30 and some 45? Just a couple of heads up on a few most common missed things in VC.

Note: I didn't use spoiler tags, since the game is almost 10 years old, so pretty much everyone has played the game on some platform within that time... tounge2.gif

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

Yeah I knew that shooting range thing but thanks. So.. I now have done pretty much in VC before the first story mission:

100 taxi fares
100 hidden packages
Vigilante lvl 12
Firefighter lvl 12
Paramedic lvl 12
3 Top Fun van challenges
Pizza boy mission
All rampages
Bought safehouses
3 stadium events
15 stores robbed

Cone crazy challenge yet left to do, so after that I'm done all possible that can be done before starting the storyline completion?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

Cone Crazy, and don't forget PCJ Playground. I don't know whether you've done both Test Track and Trial By Dirt, so I'll add them.

Oh, and those 35 Unique Jumps you can do.

As for your question above, again, answered wrongly by radioman mad.gif , as you do more Unique Jumps, your percentage gradually increases. By the time you do all 36 (well, 35 in your case), you'll get a 20% progression.

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:58 AM Edited by Teme84, 23 October 2011 - 07:01 AM.

Oh yes I already did that too like Test track & Trial by dirt as well. And actually I have 21% progress already.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

You can have the max percentage of 44% before doing the first storyline mission.

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:07 AM

Ok. So is this stunt the only one that cant be done before starting the mission?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Yes, that's the one. Other than that, all Unique Jumps can be completed.

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Friday, Oct 21 2011, 22:23)
But of course you can get that Packer
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1059624110

Thanks man, I FINALLY DID IT!! Lol. Finally I got a packer outside of the film studios and got the first 2 stunts done. My starter save quest can continue tounge.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:31 AM

As for your question above, again, answered wrongly by radioman , as you do more Unique Jumps, your percentage gradually increases. By the time you do all 36 (well, 35 in your case), you'll get a 20% progression.

How did I answer that wrong? confused.gif I said they DO count toward 100%-I was referring to San Andreas when I say they are not needed...In VC, they ARE Required...

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:15 PM Edited by Nukey Shay, 25 October 2011 - 01:54 PM.

No, you didn't exactly answer it wrong...you just didn't point out the flaw in the question "do the stunts count towards 100% only when all of them are done?". Unlike rampages (for example), the percentage goes up for each UJ completed...although not always visually in the stats (since each "mission point", i.e. a given task that counts toward 100%, is worth less than 1% each). Rampages, on the other hand, awards it's solitary "mission point" only after the entire group of them has been completed. And just as with anything that adds to the percentage, you may or may not see the % stat change after completing something that awards a mission point. Kinda goofy that all those rampages add up to less than 1% game completion...but that is how it works. Total game percentage completed is calculated by how many mission points you have verses how many are in the game (153 or 154 for VC...I can't recall which at the moment).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users