I'll start off.
Using the train
So you wanna do missions involving the train, but DYOM doesn't allow you to make routes with the train/ in the menu?
No big deal! You can use the train that circles SA and spawns before train stations.
1. Make a teleport objective somewhere you can jump on the train.
2. Tell the player to wait for the train with using Timeout.
3. Make an invisible checkpoint somewhere on the tracks, preferrably a large one.
4. Make cutscenes, objectives etc...
The bad sides to this trick are these though:
1. You have to wait for the train, which can take a lot of time sometimes.
2. Worse is that the player can be slided off the train at the tunnel openings, and because there are a lot of them, only open areas can be used for this. This can be avoided though, if a Freighter train spawns.
This trick also works for the tram in San Fierro.
Lazy DYOMer's car route
If you're too lazy to make an entire route just for a cutscene that shows a car moving in one direction, do this:
1. Set the player in the general direction you want the car to go.
2. Add the car and actor, set the actor's driver behaviour to Attack Player or Follow player behind.
3. Make a cutscene.
Watch out for this though: the driver has the aggressive driver behaviour this way, so you won't be able to make long cutscenes, because the driver will just crash.
Passenger shooting (by Notna)
You want to make a shootout in a moving car, shooting as the passenger? Well, that's possible.
1. Spawn a car, recommended to be a Bobcat.
2. Spawn the driving actor and add his/her route point.
3. Spawn the player with a weapon on Bobcat's platform.
4. Add the enemy cars and actors.
If you wanna make a cool cutscene showing an actor doing a burnout, do this:
1. Set the car and the actor with a driving route.
2. Place a small object inside the car, so it can't move.
There ya have it!
Camera (by GTAIndonesia)
if we have a role of a famous person, and want people to take a picture of you do this
1.Make an enemy actor
2.Equip him with camera
3.Hold and Direct
4.And what you get is a guy 'shooting' you.
Scroll through actors easily
1.choose the actor which you want again.
2.select edit actors and editing must come.
3.come back to CJ by pressing f key.
4.select add actor and Voila, you get the actor which you wanted to add. simple
Gangs spawn on the streets
Normally gangs don't spawn in DYOM, but here's a trick I learned from Secronom President to do that.
1. Start a savegame that has gangs in it. Take note that it does depend which savegame it is, etc if you start a savegame which only has Grove Street spawning in Los Santos, then it will transfer to DYOM, too, when one after "Green Sabre" is used, the Ballas will spawn there. You can even use a savegame that has gangs spawning all across San Andreas.
2. Start a DYOM mission.
There you go, gangs spawn on the streets.
Dialogue without Timeout (by Nitesh)
This is a way to have dialogue between characters and still have an objective marker on the radar.
1. Add a car objective, set its health to 100 and turn option 'Must Destroy' on.
2. Choose a marker and add the conversation dialogue as the objective description.
3. Keep doing this around the area where you put your checkpoint objective until you finish the dialogue.
4. Finally, set your checkpoint objective, use the same marker though.
When a car's health is at 100, it will explode shortly after spawning and after that, a new one will spawn.
Weapons have limited ammo (by Yorpie)
1. Spawn an actor, set his/her weapon and use the 'die' animation
2. The weapon dropped by the actor will have limited ammo.
Post yours and I'll add them.[/SIZE]
Edited by Stuntzman, 12 March 2012 - 08:46 PM.