The Runaway

492 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Update: 5th mission uploaded. Please, take note. This mission is 100% cutscene-driven mission which means there is no gameplay in it, however, it's very important to the mission series story. Have fun, play the missions and give me feedbacks biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHH!!! NEW MISSION!!!

Althrough it is a cutscene, I'll play it soon and give you feedback then.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Notna @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 08:59)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHH!!! NEW MISSION!!!

Althrough it is a cutscene, I'll play it soon and give you feedback then.

Great. I'll be waiting biggrin.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Ya-ya-yay! A new mission, and I gave it a try.
Even though it's cutscene only, it's very cool constructed, and the actors' animations are right.
Waiting for the next mission, keep the good work!

By the way, I'm not only watching cutscenes, I'm spelling 'em. biggrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 09:08)
Ya-ya-yay! A new mission, and I gave it a try.
Even though it's cutscene only, it's very cool constructed, and the actors' animations are right.
Waiting for the next mission, keep the good work!

By the way, I'm not only watching cutscenes, I'm spelling 'em. biggrin.gif

Thanks, man. I tried to make it look cinematic. biggrin.gif

And for your spoiler - LOL. Cool. It must be fun smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

If you'd listen to me, you'd kill me for my horrible speech, but my pronunciation is good, I guess, lol biggrin.gif

Okay, it was off-topic, so I'm sorry.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

Okay, I managed to play - or should I say watched - it more sooner than I thought.

So, althrough it was just a cutscene, you made it really interesting, and it was very good. Actor animations were the best I've seen for you yet.
Positions of cutscenes were amazing. And the story - what can I say about it? Awesome. Better than hundrit of Shakespeare's stories in the mind of an art expert.

Can't wait for the next mission! icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Notna @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 09:16)
Okay, I managed to play - or should I say watched - it more sooner than I thought.

So, althrough it was just a cutscene, you made it really interesting, and it was very good. Actor animations were the best I've seen for you yet.
Positions of cutscenes were amazing. And the story - what can I say about it? Awesome. Better than hundrit of Shakespeare's stories in the mind of an art expert.

Can't wait for the next mission! icon14.gif

Thanks, man. Yea, well, when there is no gameplay in the mission, I've gotta make it look interesting, right? biggrin.gif
Anyway, thanks again and stay tuned for more missions !! biggrin.gif

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

I played mission four a while ago and will play the fifth one in a short while. I'll give you my feedback when I'm done with number five. biggrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 16:18)
I played mission four a while ago and will play the fifth one in a short while. I'll give you my feedback when I'm done with number five. biggrin.gif

That's cool, man. biggrin.gif

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm done playing mission number five.

Both missions were great, as usual. I liked the fact that General Mills is 'corrupt' and that operation Desert Sheep wasn't approved by his higher-ups. Currently, I hope they get informed of this so he can loose his job or something. I also liked how you managed to keep the mission interesting even though it's only cutscenes.

I know this is not a big feedback, but that's it. tounge.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 17:33)
I'm done playing mission number five.

Both missions were great, as usual. I liked the fact that General Mills is 'corrupt' and that operation Desert Sheep wasn't approved by his higher-ups. Currently, I hope they get informed of this so he can loose his job or something. I also liked how you managed to keep the mission interesting even though it's only cutscenes.

I know this is not a big feedback, but that's it. tounge.gif

First of all, I want to thank you for playing the missions as always and for being one of my most appreciated ''feedback giver'' out here.

Well, to be honest, I actually thought about Jeff and Spencer informing General Mills' higher-ups about the irregularity of the ''Desert Sheep'' operation. However, I'm not sure yet. There is a lot of work to do on the story to get it to that point, or if you want, to make it even possible.

And thanks. As I said before, when there are only cutscenes in the mission, I had to work harder to make it interesting enough even though there is no gameplay at all. And I think I did it. biggrin.gif

About the feedback, it's more than enough for 2 mission-feedback.

Stay tuned for more missions biggrin.gif

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

I played the first three missions, they were great. Since I love conviction stories and since I love your missions, I give these three missions 5/5. Good job pal. icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (BDR @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 18:42)
I played the first three missions, they were great. Since I love conviction stories and since I love your missions, I give these three missions 5/5. Good job pal. icon14.gif

Thanks, dude. I'm glad you liked you liked them biggrin.gif

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

By the way, you made me create a folder for your mission packs in my DYOM Missions folder.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (BDR @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 18:48)
By the way, you made me create a folder for your mission packs in my DYOM Missions folder.

Really? Wow. That's.. great biggrin.gif I didn't know I was so popular around here biggrin.gif Thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

You didn't know, really? biggrin.gif That's funny since there's a lot talk about you. Not in bad mind of course, since you're almost in every opinion atleast one of the best designers,
and like already said, on my opinion, the best.

But yes, can't wait to the next mission, I hope you'll find some time soon.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Saturday, Oct 15 2011, 19:01)
You didn't know, really? biggrin.gif That's funny since there's a lot talk about you. Not in bad mind of course, since you're almost in every opinion atleast one of the best designers,
and like already said, on my opinion, the best.

But yes, can't wait to the next mission, I hope you'll find some time soon.

I really didn't know that LOL. In my opinion, there are too many great mission designers, so I didn't know there's a lot of talk about me. I guess I did a good job in this one year of being a GTAF member biggrin.gif

I don't know. I don't think I'll have time to make a mission tomorrow, but maybe something comes up and I will after all biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Wow, no updates in half a month! I hope you haven't dropped it, Jimmy.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 17:57)
Wow, no updates in half a month! I hope you haven't dropped it, Jimmy.

Never. I refuse to drop mission packs. I just haven't got any time and idea to make the mission right now. I'm truly sorry, but that's a given..

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

Okay, I understand. Hopefully you get time soon.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

GREAT NEWS, PEOPLE.

Something came up and I've actually had a ''hole'' in my schedule today, so I have the best possible news for my fans and myself. A new mission of this series will be uploaded in matter of minutes biggrin.gif

I told ya I'll be back. Jimmy doesn't quit. EVER !

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 21:06)
GREAT NEWS, PEOPLE.

Something came up and I've actually had a ''hole'' in my schedule today, so I have the best possible news for my fans and myself. A new mission of this series will be uploaded in matter of minutes biggrin.gif

I told ya I'll be back. Jimmy doesn't quit. EVER !

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

When I noticed your post, I almost shouted as loud as when Sami Vatanen scored against Russia today.

CAN'T WAIT!

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 19:08)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

When I noticed your post, I almost shouted as loud as when Sami Vatanen scored against Russia today.

CAN'T WAIT!

LOL biggrin.gif Thanks, man.

6th mission uploaded. Have fun, play the missions and give me feedbacks, people biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Played the mission.

Great as always, enjoyes that there was much of game play and it was the style I most enjoy, stealth. And it was really dramatical twist that Rick died. That's still your best part, you can write unexpected things to happen. Can't wait for the next one, keep up the awesome work icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 20:20)
Played the mission.

Great as always, enjoyes that there was much of game play and it was the style I most enjoy, stealth. And it was really dramatical twist that Rick died. That's still your best part, you can write unexpected things to happen. Can't wait for the next one, keep up the awesome work icon14.gif

Thanks, man. I really appreciate your feedback every time. It's good to see that people actually admire my work. How can I stop making missions when there are people like you always waiting for more? biggrin.gif Really, thanks.

And yea. Someone eventually has to die. It definitely brings a dramatical twist to the story, but also pushes the story to a much more higher level.

From what I've learned over this time I've been in the DYOM business, an advice that I can give to all the newbie designers and even the older designers is that ''twist'' is what makes the story great. That's what makes people ask for more. Only thing you need to do, is to train and learn when is the right time to make it. I've played some of your missions a while back, I can tell you, we are similar. That's why I respect you very much. You aren't here for a long time, but you already have some kick-ass tricks. biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 22:37)
QUOTE (Notna @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 20:20)
Played the mission.

Great as always, enjoyes that there was much of game play and it was the style I most enjoy, stealth. And it was really dramatical twist that Rick died. That's still your best part, you can write unexpected things to happen. Can't wait for the next one, keep up the awesome work  icon14.gif

Thanks, man. I really appreciate your feedback every time. It's good to see that people actually admire my work. How can I stop making missions when there are people like you always waiting for more? biggrin.gif Really, thanks.

And yea. Someone eventually has to die. It definitely brings a dramatical twist to the story, but also pushes the story to a much more higher level.

From what I've learned over this time I've been in the DYOM business, an advice that I can give to all the newbie designers and even the older designers is that ''twist'' is what makes the story great. That's what makes people ask for more. Only thing you need to do, is to train and learn when is the right time to make it. I've played some of your missions a while back, I can tell you, we are similar. That's why I respect you very much. You aren't here for a long time, but you already have some kick-ass tricks. biggrin.gif

If you really talking to me, I am thankful. I have surely did something right if YOU, of everyone, respects me. Wow. I am speechless. Thanks man. (It's a bit confusing to understand if you meant me when you were talking since that the word 'you' has many meanings, at least in Finnish so, yeah biggrin.gif LOL)

And I totally agree with what you said. Twist, twist.

nitrousoxide
  • nitrousoxide

Jimmy Leppard's Dupe Account

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

YESSS. finally you are back !!!! I played the mission and it is great. I love this story more and more. keep up. smile.gif icon14.gif

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:56 AM Edited by john12, 11 November 2011 - 09:00 AM.

Man the story and mission is awsome. please continue the mission pack.

EDIT: can I ask you something? Why do you type everything in bold? just asking.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:56 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 11 November 2011 - 09:11 AM.

QUOTE (nitrousoxide @ Friday, Nov 11 2011, 08:37)
YESSS. finally you are back !!!! I played the mission and it is great. I love this story more and more. keep up. smile.gif   icon14.gif

Thanks, man biggrin.gif I'll see if I can find more time to release another mission soon biggrin.gif

@ john12 - Thanks to you to man. I appreciate it. And of course I will. I never ditch mission packs.

I write everything in bold for couple of reasons. First is that it became some sort of my trademark. I also write in bold cause it's easier to spot the text.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users