The Runaway

492 replies to this topic
Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

You don't have to quote the whole post, it's annoying the other members and just stretches the page.

And yeah, you could just PM Jimmy_Leppard to say this.

IranBoy
  • IranBoy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

good icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (IranBoy @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 08:54)
good icon14.gif

Thank you smile.gif

Baadshah
  • Baadshah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Thank you for making mission pack.

Things i liked in this mission pack-

1. story

2. twists

3. mystery man ( but mystery man was for very short time. i wanted mystery to continue till the end)

Things i disliked in this mission pack-

1. very simple missions ( mission of 3rd and 4th chapter should be tough)

2. long cutscene with boring dialogue (i usually like cutscenes but your cutscene were not very interesting)

3. and in last mission why jeff will kill every soldier at base? there will be innocent soldiers like him who don't know about general's intentions.

4. some missions have unnecessary things which do not support or contribute to story but make missions long and irritating. for example- take mission "cameras". in that mission first of all we have to drive jeff to a checkpoint (i forgot the name of that area) and holding will go to purchase camera with others. as soon as jeff reach to the checkpoint, he gets call for brad to help him so now jeff goes back.
so i'm saying why jeff need to go to checkpoint? he could have gone with agent holding to purchase camera and then shootout. it irritates me to drive and come back. same things happen in another mission in which we take lou to hospital (i forgot the name of mission) there was unnecessary driving. i enjoy driving but roaming here and there when you want to do missions feels boring.

anyways thanks for your efforts. smile.gif icon14.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Baadshah @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 08:45)
2. long cutscene with boring dialogue (i usually like cutscenes but your cutscene were not very interesting)

This has nothing to do with me but I got to comment, wow, I've never seen somebody say that Jimmy's cutscenes are not interesting, the usual fact is that his cutscene's are the best in the world.

But now when checking this topic, Jimmy, I got all nostalgic.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:18 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 10 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

QUOTE (Baadshah @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 06:45)
Thank you for making mission pack.

Things i liked in this mission pack-

1. story

2. twists

3. mystery man ( but mystery man was for very short time. i wanted mystery to continue till the end)

Things i disliked in this mission pack-

1. very simple missions ( mission of 3rd and 4th chapter should be tough)

3. and in last mission why jeff will kill every soldier at base? there will be innocent soldiers like him who don't know about general's intentions.

4. some missions have unnecessary things which do not support or contribute to story but make missions long and irritating. for example- take mission "cameras". in that mission first of all we have to drive jeff to a checkpoint (i forgot the name of that area) and holding will go to purchase camera with others. as soon as jeff reach to the checkpoint, he gets call for brad to help him so now jeff goes back.
so i'm saying why jeff need to go to checkpoint? he could have gone with agent holding to purchase camera and then shootout. it irritates me to drive and come back.  same things happen in another mission in which we take lou to hospital (i forgot the name of mission) there was unnecessary driving. i enjoy driving but roaming here and there when you want to do missions feels boring.

anyways thanks for your efforts. smile.gif icon14.gif

Hey, man. First off, thanks a lot for your constructive feedback on both positive and negative stuff, I really appreciate it.

So, about the long cutscenes - Yeah, I already told the reason why is that a couple of times in every one of my mission packs. I like to tell the story a little bit more and to really take care of the depth of the story, so I prefer using a decent amount of dialogues and cutscenes over gameplay to make it more cinematic and ''movie-stylish''. And that's because I care about the quality of the story being told more than the gameplay itself cause the gameplay isn't the thing that brings the actual base of the story to life, it's the cutscenes, objects and all the little things around that. smile.gif

About your 3rd statement, it was nice to pick up on that, but to calm you down, all the soldiers in the base were bad, none of them were innocent. All the soldiers that protected the project and the base were the group of special forces that knew exactly what is going on and backed up the general in every aspect, so.. Jeff and the others didn't kill any innocent soldiers, don't worry wink.gif

I guess you're right about your 4th statement. In some missions, I simply didn't have the objectives that I needed to fulfil the mission or in some the thought up storyline didn't quite work out while designing (crashes and stuff), so I had to improvise with some more not so good stuff. However, I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out in the end smile.gif

Anyway, once again thanks a lot for your great feedback and I'm glad you liked the mission pack smile.gif

@Notna - Well, to be honest, I got all nostalgic too smile.gif

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Amen

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Was this post really needed, Proto?

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

nothing i just like saying amen lol

Khausar_Shahrizal
  • Khausar_Shahrizal

Wanna my FIST'

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

cool mission biggrin.gif icon14.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Khausar_Shahrizal @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 12:58)
cool mission biggrin.gif icon14.gif that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Thanks, I appreciate it smile.gif

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Incredible. This certainly deserved best mission pack 2012.

At the final mission I was at the edge of my seat, I thought

Spoiler
was actually gonna die.

Now to play your other MP's. Which one should I play next? I've already played this one, Swiping Kings sequel, The Platinum Circle and Prison Break.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Incredible. This certainly deserved best mission pack 2012.

At the final mission I was at the edge of my seat, I thought

Spoiler
was actually gonna die.

Now to play your other MP's. Which one should I play next? I've already played this one, Swiping Kings sequel, The Platinum Circle and Prison Break.

Thanks for the feedback on this, man :) I'm glad you appreciate my work :) Well, you say you played SK: Sequel, did you play Swiping Kings: Prequel and the original Swiping Kings? Because, I stated in the topic of SK: Sequel that you shouldn't play it if you haven't played SK: Prequel and the original SK before it cause you won't understand anything. So, maybe you should start there :) However, I'd recommend that after those two you play Brian Thompson's Heist. That's the one I'm really proud of :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users