The Runaway

492 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 11:54)
gonna play the missions soon, I'll give feedback after playing

Ok, great. Thanks, man biggrin.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 13:15)
QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 11:54)
gonna play the missions soon, I'll give feedback after playing

Ok, great. Thanks, man biggrin.gif

no probs biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Played Chapter 4.

I was sad about Spencer's dad dying. And you made something unique again - well, this time, it is more common that the previous things but anyway - the sniping part in 'The conference'. I have rarely seen that too. And my godness, you are making Jeff Parker up to my top 5 badasses of all time. Executing Paul Hale, Gordon Case and Nick Howstore. He is like a one man army. Also, I was pretty sad - more sad than Spencer's dad - when Lou died. Damn, you made it emotional, though the scene itself was not so emotional. Death of General Mills was made greatly. The ending - Spencer and Holding thinking that Jeff died but then he appeared - was a bit of a cliche, but you made it better than anyone else so far.

Damn it, Jimmy, I am speechless. I've really - and I really mean really - had great time playing this mission series. I hope - no - you have to keep it up. I am amazed on you. You are better than the best. There is no word for it. You never make me too ask the question in my mind; "Is this mission ending soon?". With your story and the design of the missions. Awesome. Can't wait for you next project.

And my rating for The Runaway... 10/10.

Out. biggrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Thursday, Jan 12 2012, 15:00)
Played Chapter 4.

I was sad about Spencer's dad dying. And you made something unique again - well, this time, it is more common that the previous things but anyway - the sniping part in 'The conference'. I have rarely seen that too. And my godness, you are making Jeff Parker up to my top 5 badasses of all time. Executing Paul Hale, Gordon Case and Nick Howstore. He is like a one man army. Also, I was pretty sad - more sad than Spencer's dad - when Lou died. Damn, you made it emotional, though the scene itself was not so emotional. Death of General Mills was made greatly. The ending - Spencer and Holding thinking that Jeff died but then he appeared - was a bit of a cliche, but you made it better than anyone else so far.

Damn it, Jimmy, I am speechless. I've really - and I really mean really - had great time playing this mission series. I hope - no - you have to keep it up. I am amazed on you. You are better than the best. There is no word for it. You never make me too ask the question in my mind; "Is this mission ending soon?". With your story and the design of the missions. Awesome. Can't wait for you next project.

And my rating for The Runaway... 10/10.

Out. biggrin.gif

Whoa. Another 10/10? Thanks, Notna. I really appreciate such a high ratings from all of you. I also appreciate your detailed feedbacks on the last, as well as the previous chapter. biggrin.gif Thanks a lot, really. I'm glad you liked the mission series wink.gif

And I will keep it up as long as I can, don't you worry about that.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

Sorry for my late feedback. Because, you know we all visit a hell called school daily. Awesome ending and keep it up.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 12:36)
Sorry for my late feedback. Because, you know we all visit a hell called school daily. Awesome ending and keep it up.

School isn't a hell shiva. Remember that wink.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

No problem, man biggrin.gif And thanks wink.gif

Skander Blade
  • Skander Blade

$.K.@.N.D.3.R

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Now this is what i call a great mission pack... played it from the beginning and i frickin like it

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Skander Blade @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 12:59)
Now this is what i call a great mission pack... played it from the beginning and i frickin like it

Hey, man. Nice to hear from you biggrin.gif Thanks a lot. I'm glad you liked it wink.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

You've many fans lol.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Arejai @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 13:12)
You've many fans lol.gif

biggrin.gif Actually yes. And I'm very grateful on that. I wouldn't have been able to do this without all of you biggrin.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (-S-hark21 @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 12:39)

School isn't a hell shiva. Remember that wink.gif

Sorry, Shark. OFFTOPIC: Maybe in your country the schools are awesome. But not in my country. Its pretty f*cked up.
@arejai Yeah, he has a lot of fans. He didn't gain a lot of fans as soon as he began his carrer but his efforts and hard work made him famous today. Don't worry you'll also get fans. Let's work hard.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 14:27)
@arejai Yeah, he has a lot of fans. He didn't gain a lot of fans as soon as he began his carrer but his efforts and hard work made him famous today. Don't worry you'll also get fans. Let's work hard.

That's the spirit, guys wink.gif

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I played the last 3 missions. Well done mate. A very good conclusion to a very good story.

If Jeff died at the explosion, it would be more dramatic I think. But still, it's a nice ending.

See you at another mission pack. icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (BDR @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 17:22)
I played the last 3 missions. Well done mate. A very good conclusion to a very good story.

If Jeff died at the explosion, it would be more dramatic I think. But still, it's a nice ending.

See you at another mission pack. icon14.gif

Hey, man. Thanks a lot. I'm glad you liked the mission series.

Well, I know. The original summary of the last mission was about killing everyone except Spencer, but eventually I've decided not to kill Jeff and Holding cause they are too badass to get killed tounge.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have a lil' doubt, Jimmy.Who's that mystery man who killed Stan?

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Good job by finishing it... icon14.gif

Skander Blade
  • Skander Blade

$.K.@.N.D.3.R

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 13:01)
Hey, man. Nice to hear from you biggrin.gif Thanks a lot. I'm glad you liked it wink.gif

Thank you...

P.S: Can you tell me how Jeff escaped at the last mission i didin't figure out how

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

@ Shiva S - Mystery man was Gordon biggrin.gif

@ Guib - Thanks, man biggrin.gif

@ Skander Blade - Well, as I've said before, nobody knows how Jeff got out of the base. It's one of those things where the players can use their own imagination and assume whatever they want biggrin.gif

Skander Blade
  • Skander Blade

$.K.@.N.D.3.R

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 20:51)
@ Skander Blade - Well, as I've said before, nobody knows how Jeff got out of the base. It's one of those things where the players can use their own imagination and assume whatever they want biggrin.gif

Ow i understand xD

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

Played the missions upto 'Desert Sheep'
Quantity < Quality here.
I'd expected long missions but the missions were short but real fun to play.
Awesome missions! I've noticed that SA crashes after I complete some of your missions.
Really like your style but you should increase the humor, the game focuses on the characters alone and nothing besides them.
(until now)
Good work and keep it up!
I'll play the rest its so damn suspensing!

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (abishai.kochara @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 09:48)
Played the missions upto 'Desert Sheep'
Quantity < Quality here.
I'd expected long missions but the missions were short but real fun to play.
Awesome missions! I've noticed that SA crashes after I complete some of your missions.
Really like your style but you should increase the humor, the game focuses on the characters alone and nothing besides them.
(until now)
Good work and keep it up!
I'll play the rest its so damn suspensing!

Hey, man. Thanks a lot for playing biggrin.gif I'm glad you liked them.

Yeah, SA crashes to me too after I play some of other people's missions. I don't know why that happens. Most of the time when I play 2 missions in a row from some designers, then after the second mission in a row, my game crashes.

Well, there is a decent dose of humor in chapter 3 and 4, so I think you will like those chapters better. biggrin.gif

And great. I'll wait for your feedback after you play the rest then biggrin.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:34 AM Edited by abishai.kochara, 17 January 2012 - 11:06 AM.

yep, probably some corruption, say for example K6's missions(only two of them) corrupted my Sa

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

This is the only topic in the Mission forums which has got the most number of replies. Good work, Jimmy.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Tuesday, Jan 17 2012, 11:02)
This is the only topic in the Mission forums which has got the most number of replies. Good work, Jimmy.

Thanks, man biggrin.gif I guess this 3 months finally paid off biggrin.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Wow man, great missions you made there. Well, most of the things have been said so I don't have much to say, but I noticed how you forced the descriptions for some of the checkpoints that followed each other. I think I saw it in the missions Reaching out and The conference. You could just have left them blank. They sounded repetitive.

Also another thing, how did Jeff escape from that underground base in the last mission? I thought I would see some action there, but nothing...

Also, I still don't understand the role of Holding's wife. You just kill the guards watching over at the house and she goes over at the sister's. Is it just that, or did I miss something?

Great story, overall. Hope to find myself playing your next mission pack soon. biggrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 13:14)
Wow man, great missions you made there. Well, most of the things have been said so I don't have much to say, but I noticed how you forced the descriptions for some of the checkpoints that followed each other. I think I saw it in the missions Reaching out and The conference. You could just have left them blank. They sounded repetitive.

Also another thing, how did Jeff escape from that underground base in the last mission? I thought I would see some action there, but nothing...

Also, I still don't understand the role of Holding's wife. You just kill the guards watching over at the house and she goes over at the sister's. Is it just that, or did I miss something?

Great story, overall. Hope to find myself playing your next mission pack soon. biggrin.gif

Hey, man. Thanks a lot for the feedback biggrin.gif

Well, I found the same checkpoint description somewhat repetitive aswell, but I left them just in case. About Jeff escaping the base - I already explained it couple of comments above. Nobody actually knows how. I left it unanswered so that the players can use their imagination and think whatever they like biggrin.gif

The role of Holding's wife doesn't actually matter. She's one of the deep minor characters. She was just a link I used to transfer the story to Los Santos.She was actually General's bate to get Holding and everybody else in Los Santos to kill them. However, Jeff out-smarted him and located the agents who were supposed to kill Holding's wife.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for clearing it up. smile.gif

I hadn't read the few previous pages because I didn't want to spoil the story for myself, but I just read them and saw many people impressed just like I was. It is one good example for the 'Best Endings' for a mission pack. But still, although I criticized it for not involving the player, imo the best ending you ever pulled was the one in BTH.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Tuesday, Jan 24 2012, 16:34)
Thanks for clearing it up. smile.gif

I hadn't read the few previous pages because I didn't want to spoil the story for myself, but I just read them and saw many people impressed just like I was. It is one good example for the 'Best Endings' for a mission pack. But still, although I criticized it for not involving the player, imo the best ending you ever pulled was the one in BTH.

Yeah, I know. It's good not to read other comments until you finish the story. And yes, I totally agree with you. Out of my mission packs, my favourite ending is definitely the one from BTH. biggrin.gif

NikoSweetLic
  • NikoSweetLic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Saturday, Oct 8 2011, 16:00)
Mission series status: Finished

user posted image

Play the missions and don't forget to give me feedback about them. biggrin.gif

Hello, guys. As I promised, this is my new mission series. It's called ''The Runaway'' and it consists of 32 missions. All my missions are connected to each other, so I suggest you play them by order which you are able to follow in this topic. I uploaded a ZIP File with all the missions in it so that you don't have to download all the missions seperately. You can find it on the bottom of this post. biggrin.gif

Theme song:

Summary:

Jeff Parker is an U.S. soldier stationed in Las Venturas Desert Base. He's in the military for 10 years now. General Mills, General of the U.S. Army, organized an operation in which Jeff has the leading role. The goal of the operation was to eliminate the courier who works for the enemy. However, after Jeff and his team had arrived at the destination of the courier, Jeff realised that the target is - A 17 year old kid, who is in a role of a courier for the enemy and not even knowing it. After Jeff refuses to shoot the courier from the obvious reasons, General Mills orders an elimination of the kid and Jeff to for disobeying the orders of the operation. Jeff Parker will find himself in a position where he has to run away and hide from the U.S. Army which gave him the status of an ''Enemy of the State'' and also find someone who can help him prove he is innocent.

Characters:

Character NameCharacter Description
Jeff Parker
The protagonist/playable character. He is an U.S. Army soldier who refused to kill an innocent kid, but in return, the Army gave him the status of an ''Enemy of the State'' which will make Jeff one of the most wanted men in the U.S. His nickname is ''Jeffo'' - By Spencer Wing.
General Mills
He's the General of the U.S. Army and also the man who framed Jeff and who wants him dead.
Spencer Wing
He is Jeff's old friend. He and Jeff know each other since high school. Spencer runs a weapon store in Las Venturas. His nickname is ''Wingman'' - By Jeff Parker.
Stan Hart
He's a guy who blackmails Spencer and wants him to shut down his weapon store for no particular reason.
Lou Gamble
He is Spencer's friend. He's a car racer and also a car dealer.
Rick Parker
He is Jeff's older brother. Jeff and Rick haven't seen each other for 5 years since Jeff had been stationed in the Army base in Las Venturas. They don't get along fine.
Brad Holding
He is an FBI agent. He wants to put together a team which would work against the man he's trying to capture for 3 years.
Gordon Case
He is another member of agent Holding's team and he has to help the team put General Mills behind bars.
Paul Hale
He is an assassin hired by General Mills whose mission is to find and kill every member of the team working against General Mills. His partner is Sam Peterson.
Sam Peterson
He is an assassin hired by General Mills whose mission is to find and kill every member of the team working against General Mills. His partner is Paul Hale.
Nick Howstore
He is a 40 year old employee of Ecofield Corporation and he is the guy who works at the office in which Jeff and the team planned to break into.
Mission list:

Chapter 1: Orders

1.) The beginning - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=14783
2.) Wingman - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=14790
3.) Don't be a fool - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=14799
4.) Stay away - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=14826
5.) Desert sheep - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=14881
6.) Evacuating the city - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=15407
7.) Bayside hotel - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=15429
8.) Cat and mouse - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=15471

Chapter 2: Las Venturas Team

1.) And then there were 4 - http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=15500