Photo

The Runaway

493 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:24 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 10 January 2012 - 12:37 PM.

After full 3 months of work, The Runaway mission series is finished biggrin.gif It consists of 32 mission. The final mission is in the mission list in the first post. I hope you all had a great time playing the series as I've had a great time making it. Thanks to all my fans who have been supporting me all this time. I really appreciate it.

I won't be uploading a ZIP file of Chapter 4 of the series because I uploaded a ZIP file with all 4 chapters of the series, so that it's easier for you to download the missions. biggrin.gif You can find the ZIP File with all of the missions in it on the bottom of the first post.

Greetings from Jimmy biggrin.gif

IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 12:24)
After full 3 months of work, The Runaway mission series is finished biggrin.gif It consists of 32 mission. The final mission is in the mission list in the first post. I hope you all had a great time playing the series as I've had a great time making it. Thanks to all my fans who have been supporting me all this time. I really appreciate it.

I won't be uploading a ZIP file of Chapter 4 of the series because I uploaded a ZIP file with all 4 chapters of the series, so that it's easier for you to download the missions. biggrin.gif You can find the ZIP File with all of the missions in it on the bottom of the first post.

Nice! Hope you will make a new hit mission-pack / storyline!
Goodluck dude! icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (IXMJXI @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 12:49)
QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 12:24)

Nice! Hope you will make a new hit mission-pack / storyline!
Goodluck dude! icon14.gif

Thanks, man biggrin.gif We'll see. Maybe in the future wink.gif

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

So, this is it, eh? Played and finished the sh*t. And I can say that's the big work you did. And, by the way, I lost my game about main characters dieing. Maybe, some will win his bet. biggrin.gif

This mission pack was a candy to play, man. I wish you good luck with your new project, and... that's all, I guess. Have fun reading this.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 12:50)
So, this is it, eh? Played and finished the sh*t. And I can say that's the big work you did. And, by the way, I lost my game about main characters dieing. Maybe, some will win his bet. biggrin.gif

This mission pack was a candy to play, man. I wish you good luck with your new project, and... that's all, I guess. Have fun reading this.

Thanks a lot, man biggrin.gif Good work finishing the mission so fast biggrin.gif It is my biggest mission I've ever made and it's great to see that there is no crashes, lol.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you liked the mission series biggrin.gif

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Played all the mission, you never dissapoint(correct spelling right?) me Jimmy. icon14.gif

Awesome ending, I was nearly thought that Jeff is going to die tounge.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (-S-hark21 @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 13:14)
Played all the mission, you never dissapoint(correct spelling right?) me Jimmy. icon14.gif

Awesome ending, I was nearly thought that Jeff is going to die tounge.gif

Thanks, man biggrin.gif Actually, I think it disappoint, but no matter biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

I am almost done with my mission, so very soon I'll play Chapter 3, and Chapter 4 of The Runaway. Congrats for finishing the series, Jimmy biggrin.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 13:38)
I am almost done with my mission, so very soon I'll play Chapter 3, and Chapter 4 of The Runaway. Congrats for finishing the series, Jimmy biggrin.gif

Thanks, man biggrin.gif It's been a long 3 months. Waiting for your feedback then biggrin.gif

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Congratulations for finishing this missions pack ! What a nice ending you have

I know you a bit hurry in the 7th missions of Chapter 4, but well, that's okay There are 2 Spencer and 2 Lou during the attack

Why there is no armor in each mission ?
And how the hell Jeff escaped the base ? Is it because Jeff knows the entrance and the exit of the base ?

Don't open the spoiler if you don't finish the series yet wink.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (alifjenius @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 13:51)
Congratulations for finishing this missions pack ! What a nice ending you have

I know you a bit hurry in the 7th missions of Chapter 4, but well, that's okay There are 2 Spencer and 2 Lou during the attack

Why there is no armor in each mission ?
And how the hell Jeff escaped the base ? Is it because Jeff knows the entrance and the exit of the base ?

Don't open the spoiler if you don't finish the series yet wink.gif

Thanks a lot on your feedback, man biggrin.gif It's much appreciated wink.gif

There are really twin Lous and twin Spencers in the mission? Haha. Where? In the end? Oh, well.. I guess it's not that big mistake.

There's no armor in the mission cause I wanted to be a little harder to pass the mission biggrin.gif

Well, that remains a secret. Nobody knows how Jeff got out of the base. That's on the player's imagination to decide biggrin.gif But, yes. Probably Jeff knew how to open the door that General Mills had closed.

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

In the mission "Deep Impact"
While the team going to attack the barrack, maybe you forgot to hide the one in the car, thus they still following the player

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (alifjenius @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 14:27)
In the mission "Deep Impact"
While the team going to attack the barrack, maybe you forgot to hide the one in the car, thus they still following the player

Oh, right. Ok, thanks biggrin.gif

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

It was not very good the last mission .... ahhh I have your attention, was excellent keep it up! waiting for other mission pack biggrin.gif , please check my mission to.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (TheXProyect @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 14:58)
It was not very good the last mission .... ahhh I have your attention, was excellent keep it up! waiting for other mission pack biggrin.gif

Haha. Nice joke you got there biggrin.gif Thanks a lot, man. I appreciate it biggrin.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Damn, man. It's a big ending. I thought that Holding will die but I wrong. Lol lol.gif
Loved the ending. I hope you'll continue making a mission-pack. biggrin.gif
You made my day. icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Arejai @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 15:10)
Damn, man. It's a big ending. I thought that Holding will die but I wrong. Lol lol.gif
Loved the ending. I hope you'll continue making a mission-pack. biggrin.gif
You made my day. icon14.gif

Thanks a lot, Arejai. Great to hear that I made your day biggrin.gif Anyway, thanks for the feedback and yeah, the biggest ending I've made so far in my career. And let me tell you, the original scratch supposed to be even bigger, but I cut a few cutscenes here and there biggrin.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 23:28)
QUOTE (Arejai @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 15:10)
Damn, man. It's a big ending. I thought that Holding will die but I wrong. Lol  lol.gif
Loved the ending. I hope you'll continue making a mission-pack.  biggrin.gif
You made my day.  icon14.gif

Thanks a lot, Arejai. Great to hear that I made your day biggrin.gif Anyway, thanks for the feedback and yeah, the biggest ending I've made so far in my career. And let me tell you, the original scratch supposed to be even bigger, but I cut a few cutscenes here and there biggrin.gif

It's still great biggrin.gif .

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

Guess what? IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! biggrin.gif Going to leave you feedback when I am done with it.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Tuesday, Jan 10 2012, 16:59)
Guess what? IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! biggrin.gif Going to leave you feedback when I am done with it.

Great biggrin.gif Looking forward to it biggrin.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:25 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 11 January 2012 - 05:10 AM.

HOLY f*ckING sh*t! I cannot believe that took me 3 hours to complete your mission pack man.
First you impressed me with Leon Ridge, then you impress me with BTH, now you blown my mind away with this. (Ok I exaggerated, but who cares). You really lived up to your quote on this one "quality over quantity"

The things in green are things I liked.
The things in red are things that can be improved smile.gif

I love how simple you kept the story at first, then becomes even more complex at each chapter is played. You made very interesting characters that one would enjoy. Few of the events in the first 2 chapters can easily be predictable (an example would be Gordon as the snitch) reason for that was because he was the only one not connected with the protagonist very well, however it did not really hurt the story much, however did not pull a huge suspense. I also noticed you used a different skin for Gordon, when he killed Stan.

At the 3rd chapter, things started to get even more exciting especially since every mission has a cliffhanger keeping the player interested. I also was noticing that the missions were getting so much longer with so much more detail. This really proved that you can make missions with very little action and still keep them enjoyable. The executions were interesting because it gave that cold feeling with the line "You know what to do"?

The last chapter was the part that was unpredictable. . I really did not know who else was going to die..who to trust..my natural instinct was that Holding was gonna be a bad guy, learned from other stories.. Never trust an FBI agent. Instead you made it make sense.
Did not expect the ending to be anything like that. I expected it to be at Los Santos. I knew some people had to die.. Did not know who or where it was going to happen, but you pulled that twist and ending off pretty nice smile.gif .

It is getting to be a long post, so I will keep the criticism to the point. Overall it is hard to find it, you enjoy it so much, you forget what can be improved. One thing I felt that was really repetitive was the locations. Because the story was little closed in to few locations, it felt little repetitive driving to the same places, however because something new was happening every time, it made up for that a little. It would of been nice to see a little more variety, but I am glad it was not forced.

The other thing that could of improved was if you involved the kid who was suppose to be assassinated in the story a little more. He was only seen once. I could be wrong, maybe they did kill him and I forgot about it, but the story could of been interesting if Jeff was going to protect the target.

I am little shocked myself that I am giving a rating this high..but this story was the best one so far..correct me if I already rated something of yours this high..but here it goes..

9.5/10

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

Oh, I forgot about the rate. So, here is it:

9.70/10 biggrin.gif

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

My rate is kinda obvious here, but anyway:

9.89/10

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 04:25)
HOLY f*ckING sh*t! I cannot believe that took me 3 hours to complete your mission pack man.
First you impressed me with Leon Ridge, then you impress me with BTH, now you blown my mind away with this. (Ok I exaggerated, but who cares). You really lived up to your quote on this one "quality over quantity"

The things in green are things I liked.
The things in red are things that can be improved smile.gif

I love how simple you kept the story at first, then becomes even more complex at each chapter is played. You made very interesting characters that one would enjoy. Few of the events in the first 2 chapters can easily be predictable (an example would be Gordon as the snitch) reason for that was because he was the only one not connected with the protagonist very well, however it did not really hurt the story much, however did not pull a huge suspense. I also noticed you used a different skin for Gordon, when he killed Stan.

At the 3rd chapter, things started to get even more exciting especially since every mission has a cliffhanger keeping the player interested. I also was noticing that the missions were getting so much longer with so much more detail. This really proved that you can make missions with very little action and still keep them enjoyable. The executions were interesting because it gave that cold feeling with the line "You know what to do"?

The last chapter was the part that was unpredictable. . I really did not know who else was going to die..who to trust..my natural instinct was that Holding was gonna be a bad guy, learned from other stories.. Never trust an FBI agent. Instead you made it make sense.
Did not expect the ending to be anything like that. I expected it to be at Los Santos. I knew some people had to die.. Did not know who or where it was going to happen, but you pulled that twist and ending off pretty nice smile.gif .

It is getting to be a long post, so I will keep the criticism to the point. Overall it is hard to find it, you enjoy it so much, you forget what can be improved. One thing I felt that was really repetitive was the locations. Because the story was little closed in to few locations, it felt little repetitive driving to the same places, however because something new was happening every time, it made up for that a little. It would of been nice to see a little more variety, but I am glad it was not forced.

The other thing that could of improved was if you involved the kid who was suppose to be assassinated in the story a little more. He was only seen once. I could be wrong, maybe they did kill him and I forgot about it, but the story could of been interesting if Jeff was going to protect the target.

I am little shocked myself that I am giving a rating this high..but this story was the best one so far..correct me if I already rated something of yours this high..but here it goes..

9.5/10

Wow. That is a LONG post. I can't say how much I appreciate your feedback, man. I mean it, thanks a lot. biggrin.gif

Now, to the explanations. I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but I used a different skin for Gordon that one time because I didn't want people to know who's the snitch. So, I made it like he changed clothes or disguised. biggrin.gif

About your predictions - YES. I coudn't agree more. Never trust an FBI agent. That's my prediction in mission packs too, but that's exactly the reason why I did keep him on the ''good'' side - To make a twist. biggrin.gif

About the location of the final chapter - Yeah. I spent some time thinking when it would be the best location to end the story, so I figured.. Why not expand it on 2 cities? That's how I've decided to first place it in Los Santosand then set ''the big finale'' where it all started in the first place - Las Venturas.

Now, about the bad things. Well, yeah, I know. Driving to same locations is repetitive, but I didn't have a choice really. The only thing I could do is to make it more interesting by kicking in new/different stuff/problems every time you get to the same location. But, hey.. I think it wasn't so bad after all, was it? But, when I think about it and go over it again, I agree completely that I could put a little more something to the mix here and there for variety.

About the kid.. He wasn't killed in the story. Hmm. There was actually a couple of reasons in the first place why I didn't want to involve him in the story. First one is obvious - He's a kid.
And second of all, when I first came up with the whole story for chapter 1, it came to my mind what you said about protecting, but then, I figured.. He's just a kid, he shouldn't be in the story etc.. So, I just put him in the role of a reason for the General to blame Jeff. In the end, that kid was just a messenger of some harmful info about General Mills. When he heard the shooting on the hill, he dropped it anyway and ran away, so he wasn't dangerous at all anymore. He didn't even know what he was carrying in the first place cause the enemy army didn't tell him. He thought he was just bringing some letters to some guy he's supposed to meet aside from the road, so..

And for the rating: Wow. No, you've never gave me a rating this high before. I think the rating for BTH was 8.5, but that was the highest.. until now. I'm really grateful to you on this feedback, man. I always love how you give straight up facts just like SatournFan or Kratos. Thanks for the rating, really. When I first started with this mission pack 3 months ago, I didn't actually think I could make it better than BTH, cause BTH was, by far, the best mission pack I've made until this one, so.. I'm glad you liked this one too. wink.gif

@ Arejai and SatournFan - Thanks for such a high rating from you aswell, guys. You made my day with it biggrin.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 16:39)
@ Arejai and SatournFan - Thanks for such a high rating from you aswell, guys. You made my day with it biggrin.gif

You deserved it biggrin.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

I am playing it now biggrin.gif So, you already have an idea for your next mission pack?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 15:15)
I am playing it now biggrin.gif So, you already have an idea for your next mission pack?

Great biggrin.gif Nope. My holidays are over and my school starts next week, so..

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

I played the third chapter. My god, I am not calling you the best designer without a reason, Jimmy.

If someone has not played Chapter 3 and doesn't want to know spoilers, DON'T READ THIS.
I really like the style you make the - mm, how it should be called - finding and setting missions. It is just something unique. Like setting the cameras, I haven't never seen anything before (er, actually, I have to thank you for this, now I am using it in few of my missions biggrin.gif ). Setting the bug to Howstore's car etc. It's jsut amazing. And I really liked the style you made Peterson die - these days, I can just see shooting or beating up to death, but running over with a car, I've rarely seen that in few missions before, and just in few. In the mission where Jeff executes Paul Hale, I felt that Jeff is just more and more badass. It actually bringed some GTA IV feeling to the mission pack. I don't actually thing IV as the best of GTA's, but there was just so many features what are not on San Andreas, but still, you bringed it to the mission pack. And made it succesfully.

This is all I could get up with. I am going to play Chapter 4 tomorrow. I would do the questionaire, but it looks like there is some questions where I can't answer yet.

Anyway, one thing - totally off-topic - has been bothering me. If it is ok to ask, from which country are you, Jimmy?

However, keep it up man. You're the best.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 16:49)
I played the third chapter. My god, I am not calling you the best designer without a reason, Jimmy.

If someone has not played Chapter 3 and doesn't want to know spoilers, DON'T READ THIS.
I really like the style you make the - mm, how it should be called - finding and setting missions. It is just something unique. Like setting the cameras, I haven't never seen anything before (er, actually, I have to thank you for this, now I am using it in few of my missions biggrin.gif ). Setting the bug to Howstore's car etc. It's jsut amazing. And I really liked the style you made Peterson die - these days, I can just see shooting or beating up to death, but running over with a car, I've rarely seen that in few missions before, and just in few. In the mission where Jeff executes Paul Hale, I felt that Jeff is just more and more badass. It actually bringed some GTA IV feeling to the mission pack. I don't actually thing IV as the best of GTA's, but there was just so many features what are not on San Andreas, but still, you bringed it to the mission pack. And made it succesfully.

This is all I could get up with. I am going to play Chapter 4 tomorrow. I would do the questionaire, but it looks like there is some questions where I can't answer yet.

Anyway, one thing - totally off-topic - has been bothering me. If it is ok to ask, from which country are you, Jimmy?

However, keep it up man. You're the best.

Wow. Big reply. Thanks a lot, man. I really appreciate it. And yeah. You're right. Towards the end, Jeff becomes more and more badass wink.gif

Ok, I'm waiting for the feedback of chapter 4 then. And no matter, you can do the questionaire when you're done with the mission series, of course biggrin.gif

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

gonna play the missions soon, I'll give feedback after playing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users