GTA3Freak-2001 - 1984-2011

439 replies to this topic
Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:56 AM

I never knew him or talked to him. But I always knew him as a helpful moderator and a kind-hearted person. He also lives in the same city as me.

Rest in Peace Chris, this forum won't forget you.

Swizera
  • Swizera

Your Godfather™

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Chimpso @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 05:56)
I never knew him or talked to him. But I always knew him as a helpful moderator and a kind-hearted person. He also lives in the same city as me.

If you live in the same city as him, you could have met him once, if possible. How far are your houses? Like few other users pointed out this topic should be made to gain more attention and at-least every staff member should post in here.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Swizera @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 15:30)
QUOTE (Chimpso @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 05:56)

If you live in the same city as him, you could have met him once, if possible. How far are your houses? Like few other users pointed out this topic should be made to gain more attention and at-least every staff member should post in here.

No, I haven't met him. And I don't know where he lives. But according to his profile he lives in Adelaide (as do I). I thought about PMing him once to ask where, just out of curiosity, but I never got to it. sad.gif

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

BOOM! Shake the room

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

This sucks so badly. I never knew Chris like you guys but as everyone else I've always known how much he loved and contributed to this place.

My deepest condolences go out to his family.

R.I.P Chris

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

He did everything the way it should be done here.

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Back in 05-06 where I was pretty active, I used to talk to him quite frequently on MSN. He was always as nice as they could come and was always open to helping me out, even though I wasn't known around the forums. Never battered an eye and we ended up talking quite a bit every week. Very sad to hear he passed, I remember him mentioning he suffered from a condition when he put the picture of his wheelchair accessible truck in Vehicle chat, but I never knew to what extent. I'm deeply saddened at this moment, but nothing could probably compare what his close family/friends are going through. May he rest in peace and may his family find comfort in knowing that he affected many lives in a positive manner.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 02:55)

THIS.

He was the most level-headed, helpful, friendly mod this community ever saw. Most of us will never live up to his standards.

May you rest in peace, Chris.

Swizera
  • Swizera

Your Godfather™

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 07:55)

Almost all and he could have easily become an Admin too. He contributions are immense.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:59 AM

I was never the one for being in lack of words, but now I really do not know what to say...

He accomplished his mission in this world, whatever it was. But now that it is finished, he has to leave...

I cannot deny the fact that part of his mission involved GTAForums. I did not know him much, and never will now, but considering the other members' feedbacks, I can only say that he was a good man. A man you do not come across every day.

That's why I say 'Thank you, Christopher, for everything you've done for the Forums! Wherever you are now, know that our gratitude will always stay by your side, and our souls will hold a piece of you! Rest in peace!'

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

R.I.P Christopher. sad.gif .You were one of the best mod in this forum. We will never forget about you.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold up™

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:57 AM Edited by kmlwin.1996, 09 October 2011 - 11:59 AM.

You died too young Chirs. You had been good guy on this forum. sad.gif

Just sad for you and we will never forget about you.

"All those moments, will be lost in time, like tears, in rain... Time to die."

*Let's stand one minute silence for this.*

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:27 PM Edited by FunkyChunky, 09 October 2011 - 01:32 PM.

Oh my god..

A terrible loss, he was such a good guy. He will be missed. Rest in peace. sad.gif

Ottae
  • Ottae

Zoom-Zoom

• Niue

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Absolutely guttered, Chris was such an integral part of the community and I remember him being THE moderator I remember the most in my first year or so at GTAF. He did everything he possibly could to help people around him and he did it so well.

A great loss to the forums and the world, I wish I got to know him more as a person as I have done many others but from what I did know of him I was very fond of.

My deepest condolences to his friends and family. I only hope that his death ended his suffering if indeed he was suffering and that we never forget what a great contribution he made to GTAF and the Grand Theft Auto community in general.

Rest in Peace Chris.

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

You must be sh*tting me!
R.I.P. Chris, you died way to young!
You did a great job in here!
now he may Rest In Peace!
He is a legend!
I hope he may still be on Forums though, since he's in Heaven you know!
R.I.P. I will miss you, you are one of the greatest Mod's on the forums! sad.gif

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Saying you'd rathr die is a bit extreme especially when I'd rather have a chance at a normal life with a face transplant then oh I dunno suffer from a disabling muscle wasting condition that will eventually kill you or any other terrible medical issue with no cure or treatment. Just saying as terrible as having your face mangled, its far from the worse thing you could be faced with.

From the If part of your face was torn off topic.

Kind of puts things into perspective. sad.gif

bread
  • bread

Grown conventionally and organically worldwide

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Oct 8 2011, 16:06)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Oct 8 2011, 20:51)
This place needs a memorial for all members who we know passed away.

I completely agree with you here. Considering some of you guys knew the deceased members on a personal basis, I think some form of memorial on this site would be really quite touching.

I think the main page should be made like Apple.com. Y'know, like a whole page dedicated to all the dead members?

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

sh*t.

Freakeh! I assume that the degenerative trait of his disease was what kept him out of the forums in this last period?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:25 PM Edited by Slamman, 09 October 2011 - 04:04 PM.

I had heard back from his brother, likely at the time he was contacting others, but not heard about the details, We'd been in contact here and on Xbox Live over the years, and I always appreciate the way he conducted himself, he was a fan of the automobile aspect of GTA, and we all are to various degrees, it's too bad he didn't live long enough to enjoy actual ownership of several motorcars, as I have and that's always something men and boys place high on the interest scale.

You will be missed, Chris
R.I.P.

As for a Memorial, I assume he lost his father beforehand, either alive or dead, as a Memorial in his name, how about setting up a Paypal to help with unpaid medical expenses of his family? Every little bit contributed would be in his honor and help out his family!?

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Holy sh*t, he was such a nice guy. I never spoke to him more than a couple of PMs, but the dude seemed like such a cool person who was always willing to help. RIP dude. sad.gif

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Oh God....

He was one of the first moderators I actually knew, I don't have words to express what I feel.

RIP Chris, you will be missed.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 17:20)
Saying you'd rathr die is a bit extreme especially when I'd rather have a chance at a normal life with a face transplant then oh I dunno suffer from a disabling muscle wasting condition that will eventually kill you or any other terrible medical issue with no cure or treatment. Just saying as terrible as having your face mangled, its far from the worse thing you could be faced with.

From the If part of your face was torn off topic.

Kind of puts things into perspective. sad.gif

Wow, that is just.... Sad, very, very sad sad.gif

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Sad news sad.gif
RIP cryani.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (q_b @ Saturday, Oct 8 2011, 18:29)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Saturday, Oct 8 2011, 15:52)
Very sad.

I'm sure he won't be forgotten here.

In his signature:

"All those moments, will be lost in time, like tears, in rain... Time to die."

Just sad really.

I thought that it was added by an admin. It's only more saddening if he actually added that himself.

He was actually one of the more memorable members here, I remember seeing posts from him as far back as 2008. I didn't know him personally but it is sad as he was young and all. At least he stuck around on these forums, unlike others (me included) who didn't last much as members.

Actually DMD patients live till the mid-20's, so he knew he would die soon.

Just imagine yourself at that situation.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

I remember talking to him on msn years ago, but not recently. I didn't know he had dmd, a wheelchair, etc.

R.I.P. Freakeh. You'll be missed.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

This sucks. RIP Freak.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

Thursday was on 6th right? then how come he was on yesterday? was that how chris's brother pmed you? how did he know his password 0.0
Anyways, R.I.P

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 23:32)
Thursday was on 6th right? then how come he was on yesterday? was that how chris's brother pmed you? how did he know his password 0.0
Anyways, R.I.P

What about he logged on on his computer...? dozingoff.gif

Sean_R_LFC
  • Sean_R_LFC

We don't need no thought control

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

More or less the same sh*t stephan hawkings has, such a terrible loss R.I.P Chris

Damn he name dropped it in a topic the other day too sad.gif

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

Where he is now, he has the strength of 10,000 men. No muscular disease can keep him down now. sad.gif

Rest in Peace - Chris "Freakeh"
You will never be forgotten.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

rest in peace, i enjoyed some of his posts on here and other gta forums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users