Photo

GTA 2 intro movie

18 replies to this topic
Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

Yes, so I was wondering if someone could explain the GTA 2 intro movie. In detail.

Is it Rednecks he's running from in the beginning?
He steals a car and the Zaibatsu tracks him because he unloaded those boxes? There is so much I don't get.

Also, today I saw a "full" version of the intro movie, something I've never seen before. Where was it intended to be shown?

Also, why is the PlayStation version and PC version different? In the PC version you see the clean-up man inside a weapon storage with a cape and sunglasses, and at the end he shoots our hero. This doe not happen in the PS version. Any particular reason for that?

I've searched high and low for this, and the most informative I found, was in this article, and I get that he works for gangs.

Gah, this boggles my mind! I've seen that intro so many times, and I stoll don't get it! cryani.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

The difference between the PS and PC was a real jinx, it almost seemed that these are two different games.

But in the FULL intro movie the Zaibatsu Killer Cleaner kills Claude in the end.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Giradox @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 03:09)
Yes, so I was wondering if someone could explain the GTA 2 intro movie. In detail.

Is it Rednecks he's running from in the beginning?
He steals a car and the Zaibatsu tracks him because he unloaded those boxes? There is so much I don't get.

Also, today I saw a "full" version of the intro movie, something I've never seen before. Where was it intended to be shown?

Also, why is the PlayStation version and PC version different? In the PC version you see the clean-up man inside a weapon storage with a cape and sunglasses, and at the end he shoots our hero. This doe not happen in the PS version. Any particular reason for that?

I've searched high and low for this, and the most informative I found, was in this article, and I get that he works for gangs.

Gah, this boggles my mind! I've seen that intro so many times, and I stoll don't get it! cryani.gif

Here's a nice description of the movie. Unfortunately it's in Dutch. Maybe you can use Google Translate.
I think the full version was used for promotion. Perhaps as a prerelease trailer.

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

Thanks... where's the link though? ;D I don't think Dutch is the hardest language for Google Translate to do smile.gif

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 07:08)
But in the FULL intro movie the Zaibatsu Killer Cleaner kills Claude in the end.

Supposedly, but really, you can't tell where he is shot. My guess would be that he is shot in the back since there's no blood which wouldn't necessarily kill him.

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:47 PM Edited by Giradox, 15 October 2011 - 09:50 PM.

I find the version with the protagonist getting shot to be both badly directed and stupid. I like the Playstation version much better: He walks away in a jolly mood, smiling, as a bad guy literally gets shot out of the bar.
The PC version freeze-frames at some point in the bar and as the hitman approaches, we get the stupid generic "silencer" sounds with no muzzle flash and an incredibly fake recoil. That is weird, considering the film is really well directed and edited otherwise.
What the hell was the point of killing him?

QUOTE (Claude Speed.)
Supposedly, but really, you can't tell where he is shot. My guess would be that he is shot in the back since there's no blood which wouldn't necessarily kill him.

You don't want to get shot in the back lol.gif . If it didn't kill him, he certainly wouldn't be able to go back to work in a few years. I'm pretty sure an assassin would shoot to kill, being sure that he hit right whilst walking away like that. Also, you wouldn't see blood from that angle.

Oh, and I found a description on some Wiki, by the way. Wikia is weird, they'll be taking over the world some time soon. Or be bought up by Google.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 18:53)
QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 07:08)

Zaibatsu assasins never miss! They shoot to kill.

So you can tell for sure Claude was eliminated.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:22 AM Edited by Sektor, 16 October 2011 - 06:25 AM.

It doesn't really matter that Claude gets shot in the intro. It is just showing off what CAN happen in GTA and even if Claude gets killed, it doesn't matter since the magic/advanced hospital can always revive/clone him. He always wakes up outside a hospital if he gets killed during the game.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Sunday, Oct 16 2011, 09:22)
It doesn't really matter that Claude gets shot in the intro. It is just showing off what CAN happen in GTA and even if Claude gets killed, it doesn't matter since the magic/advanced hospital can always revive/clone him. He always wakes up outside a hospital if he gets killed during the game.

Yes, but even Claude has a limited amount of lives.

Even if you complete Frenzies or find Life Pickups, there is always a chance that you will run out of lives and die.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

my idea:

Claude in 1992 goes with catalina to LC.
Claude in 2001 gets betraid by her.
Claude in 2013 gets killed.

GTA 2 i think is really in LC but it was changed because GTA 3 dont have the WTC and GTA 2 does since it was made before 9/11.

Im assuming thats how i put it is the way the story is.

q_b
  • q_b

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Oct 25 2011, 04:21)
GTA 2 i think is really in LC but it was changed because GTA 3 dont have the WTC and GTA 2 does since it was made before 9/11.

Makes no sense.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (q_b @ Tuesday, Oct 25 2011, 13:01)

Makes no sense.

um yea it does. GTA 2`s intro was filmed in new jersey with the twins in the background. This is how i know the game takes place in Liberty city(NY). Then showing claude die shows him die. GTA 3 may of been meant to be a prequel.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

The only connections that intro have with the game are gangs and probably main character (we don't know this for sure), so it isn't that clear that game takes place in NYC.

q_b
  • q_b

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:20 PM Edited by q_b, 27 October 2011 - 06:24 PM.

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Oct 27 2011, 09:25)

Makes no sense.

um yea it does. GTA 2`s intro was filmed in new jersey with the twins in the background. This is how i know the game takes place in Liberty city(NY). Then showing claude die shows him die. GTA 3 may of been meant to be a prequel.

The two cities, Anywhere and Liberty look nothing alike.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (q_b @ Thursday, Oct 27 2011, 18:20)

Makes no sense.

dont matter. GTA 1 and 2 could be in LC, look nothing alike. GTA 3 and IV in lc, look nothing alike.

Its in LC.

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

GTA2 does not take place in Liberty City.

It's not just because the movie was filmed in NYC/NJC and LC is based on NYC that GTA2 should take place there.

Well where did you want them to film it? In a real Anywhere City?

Rockstar clearly says "Anywhere, USA"/"Anywhere City" (basically it wasn't based in any city). Doesn't mean it's LC/NY.

q_b
  • q_b

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 09:58)
QUOTE (q_b @ Thursday, Oct 27 2011, 18:20)

Makes no sense.

dont matter. GTA 1 and 2 could be in LC, look nothing alike. GTA 3 and IV in lc, look nothing alike.

Its in LC.

GTA1 is in LC and VC and SA. And yes, Anywhere City is the actual name of the city so it can't be LC.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

ok, take a look at the first level of "anywhere city" in 3d ...

for me, it's really an anywhere city...

Bobbystrahler
  • Bobbystrahler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (thatstupidbug @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:51)
ok, take a look at the first level of "anywhere city" in 3d ...

for me, it's really an anywhere city...

But what about Residental district?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users