304 replies to this topic
Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 01:20)
QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 14:34)
I am very disappointed with rockstar. It's been 4 fuc*ing years since the hit release of GTA IV.

The time between April 29, 2008 and 6th of October 2011 is not four years it is 3.5 years.
The time between The release of San Andreas and the release of GTA IV - October 2004 to April 2008 was around 3.5 years.
The time between GTA IV and the release of Liberty city stories and Vice City stories was from June 6, 2006 and October 30 2006 to April 29 2008 which was about 1 to 1.5 years.

I think Vice City Stories and Liberty City stories are comparable to The Ballad Of Gay Tony and The Lost and The Damned, so using this comparison the time from the initial release of the episodes for Xbox360 October 29th (my Birthday) 2009 to now was about 2 years, so we have waited a similar amount of time in comparison to previous title, while we will be waiting longer please don't exaggerate the amount of time, and don't act like its a first.

@LC Metro, i think they have begun production of GTA V, maybe some time ago, but there is still a fair amount of work to go before rockstar makes any announcement.
Better to have it ready rather than have a delay like with the release of GTA IV.

It only took R* four yesrs last time around because they had to make a new graphics engine. It should take less time now. Another thing, TLAD+TBOGT are NOT comparable to VCS and LCS. They had way less missions, weapons, vehicles, and features.

R.F.
  • R.F.

Who are these guys?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

That answer does not change absolutely nothing...

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Shayan Shaffey @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:46)
Amazing. I was begining to doubt if GTA still existed. Thanks for posting this.

Finally

Amazing. I was begining to doubt if GTA still existed. Thanks for posting this.

What are you guys so happy about? They neither said GTA 5 is in the making, nor anything else. Oh, and Rockstar are the parents of GTA. Always have been.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

Interesting. This basically confirms that the new game will be Vice City.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:45 AM Edited by K^2, 06 October 2011 - 08:48 AM.

QUOTE (LCMetro @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 01:30)
Whats with the fruity european licence plate? Is San Andreas part of the EU now? If whoever is making this mod wants it to look authentic then they need to have American style license plates on the cars. I know you europeans are jealous that all the coolest stuff is based on us, but try to keep it in perspective.

If you spent extra 30 seconds to read the accompanying texts instead of immediately spewing content like you usually do, you would have discovered that the vehicle used for the demonstration has nothing to do with IV SA mod. But hey, that would be a mature thing to do, and that'd be way out of character, wouldn't it?

You've sufficiently annoyed a number of people with your antics in Genesis. Please, do not spread it to the other sections of the forum.

QUOTE (adamcs)

I think you give audience too much credit.

LCMetro
  • LCMetro

LCMPD Commissioner

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:03 AM Edited by LCMetro, 06 October 2011 - 09:05 AM.

*cracks knuckles*

Ok, lets get it started...

If you spent extra 30 seconds to read the accompanying texts instead of immediately spewing content like you usually do,

[email protected] barf8bd.gif

you would have discovered that the vehicle used for the demonstration has nothing to do with IV SA mod.

Then why was it in the video Mr. Smarty-pants? lol.gif [/sarcasm]

But hey, that would be a mature thing to do,

Mature? Yes. Would it be as fun? No.

and that'd be way out of character, wouldn't it?

I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?! Im telling your mom on you! tounge.gif

You've sufficiently annoyed a number of people with your antics in Genesis.

WHAT?! i pissed off some people on a videogame forum?! How will I live?! What will i do?! panic.gif

Please, do not spread it to the other sections of the forum.

I have a better idea. How about I do what I want, and you just shut up and get off my dick? Remember, i just made a general observation - you personally attacked me. You started this.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:07 AM Edited by finn4life, 06 October 2011 - 10:36 AM.

QUOTE (Zee @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 18:05)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 01:20)
QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 14:34)
I am very disappointed with rockstar. It's been 4 fuc*ing years since the hit release of GTA IV.

The time between April 29, 2008 and 6th of October 2011 is not four years it is 3.5 years.
The time between The release of San Andreas and the release of GTA IV - October 2004 to April 2008 was around 3.5 years.
The time between GTA IV and the release of Liberty city stories and Vice City stories was from June 6, 2006 and October 30 2006 to April 29 2008 which was about 1 to 1.5 years.

I think Vice City Stories and Liberty City stories are comparable to The Ballad Of Gay Tony and The Lost and The Damned, so using this comparison the time from the initial release of the episodes for Xbox360 October 29th (my Birthday) 2009 to now was about 2 years, so we have waited a similar amount of time in comparison to previous title, while we will be waiting longer please don't exaggerate the amount of time, and don't act like its a first.

@LC Metro, i think they have begun production of GTA V, maybe some time ago, but there is still a fair amount of work to go before rockstar makes any announcement.
Better to have it ready rather than have a delay like with the release of GTA IV.

It only took R* four yesrs last time around because they had to make a new graphics engine. It should take less time now. Another thing, TLAD+TBOGT are NOT comparable to VCS and LCS. They had way less missions, weapons, vehicles, and features.

Yes it should take less time, but that doesn't mean that they are devoting all their attention to it, instead building up a solid financial foundation. Anyway the point was it hasn't really been that long in comparison to other waiting periods, and TLAD and TBOGT are comparable because Rockstar just like VCS and LCS considers them full games in their own right.

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 03:59)
That's a flimsy argument. Stretch it, and you can say that VC and SA were just "bumper stickers" on GTA III. In which case, it has been over 6 years between the previous two major GTAs, and whining after less than four years of wait is very silly.

How you can you even comprare the dlc to VC and SA? That is madness, especially in regards to SA..

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 08:36)

did I miss something? where do they imply that?

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (shadyslady @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 10:45)
Interesting.  This basically confirms that the new game will be Vice City.

lol..

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (shadyslady @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 05:45)
Interesting.  This basically confirms that the new game will be Vice City.

You definitely missed something.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

my english is not so good, and this posted by the admin himself...
and still, as joke, cannot laugh... whatsthat.gif

jesusismyairbag
  • jesusismyairbag

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

I reckon definitely mid 2012 / late 2012 announcement / info. then possibly earliest release by mid - late 2013.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (jesusismyairbag @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 07:16)
I reckon definitely mid 2012 / late 2012 announcement / info. then possibly earliest release by mid - late 2013.

They usually shoot for fall release with announcement in spring/winter. If they are in full production mode right now, it can still be early 2012 announcement for late 2012 release. But there is no way of telling.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:21 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 06 October 2011 - 12:27 PM.

QUOTE (Rockstar20124 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:20)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:03)
Wow, slightly depressing. The next GTA will be a long time away. Thanks goodness for True Crime: HK and Saints Row 3. I hope they'll keep me busy til V.

Yeah, at least a year away. I used to basically hate the Saints Row franchise but now I will buy Saints Row 3 at launch. Because Volition and THQ have improved a lot, especially the physics, and there is no other sandbox game out anyway. True Crime : HK will get a new title because Square Enix didn't buy the franchise name rights. Anyway, this game with whatever title will most likely be a day one buy as well. I'm a huge sandbox game fan because of GTA . Real shame Rockstar North only makes one game every four years if not longer these days cryani.gif

My thoughts and feelings exactly. Used to hate Saints Row, not because of some GTA fanboyism, just thought the quality of the games were sub-par but now SR3 has seemed to really step up a notch.

Damn, I wish Rockstar had a studio soley for producing GTA's only whilst the other studios worked on other stuff Rockstar North works on.

I can't belive we're actually talking of a 2012/13 release. That would have sounded crazy back in 2008. Think, when I was finishing playing IV for the first time in 2008 I was thinking about what a future GTA would be like. To think back then that I wont get one for 5 years is mad. I know it's only a game and all that but it's my favourite. I was obsessed with GTA even when I wasn't much of a gamer. 5 years. To put yourself in 2008 and be thinking of a release date in 5 years, is like saying the next GTA will be out in 2016. sad.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 12:21)
I can't belive we're actually talking of a 2012/13 release. That would have sounded crazy back in 2008. Think, when I was finishing playing IV for the first time in 2008 I was thinking about what a future GTA would be like. To think back then that I wont get one for 5 years is mad. I know it's only a game and all that but it's my favourite. I was obsessed with GTA even when I wasn't much of a gamer. 5 years. To put yourself in 2008 and be thinking of a release date in 5 years, is like saying the next GTA will be out in 2016. sad.gif

Finally an official statement that underlines my theory of a 2013 release .
If R* would have any info, they would simply put it out, via official site, twitter, facebook, whatever...

And we don't have anything yet so it's the same song, even though we might be tired of hearing it:

between the first official info, logo, screenshot, trailer,...at least one year passed ( + -, but rather +)
GTA IV, RDR, LA NOIRE, MAX PAYNE 3, AGENT...

doing elementary math, we have NO info (project rush is nothing official), it's almost 2012, MP3 is in line, 2012 release...GTA V announcement after this? release 2013.

Senax
  • Senax

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yay finally some official news regarding the next gta however it still is an announcement?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Did anybody else catch the comment about San Diego working on a new project??

More than likely Red Dead 3

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:50 PM Edited by cosmicboy, 06 October 2011 - 05:25 PM.

edit : For the people complaining about Rockstar taking far too long to release V.

Whats wrong with everyone * ,

Since IV in 2008 we have got TLAD, TBOGT, CTW and RDR.

TLAD & TBOGT were great additions to IV in my opinion.
Didn't play CTW because I just don't like portable gaming but it is still a gta release.

RDR for me was like another Gta, a gta set in the wild west in the early 1900's, and it was extremely expansive.
If your a gta fan and havn't played RDR, get it.. its fantastic. Also get Undead Nightmare * . icon14.gif
(Im even excited about Read dead 3, who cares if it takes them 4 years to make that aswell,
i'll be busy playing Gta V until then * .)

All this in 3 years is pretty impressive, then add another year for V's release.
V will be released 4 years since IV, yes... but not 4 years since A gta release * .

When IV was finished, they layed down the plans for V * , they are working on this plan as we speak * , they want to satisfy everyone * with the next release to make it as expansive and entertaining as it can possibly be * .

Does everyone * want them to complete this plan??
Or scrap their whole vision and just release it now.
So you * all can complain about whats wrong(missing) with the next one.

Let Rockstar finish the damn game to plan, and stop being so damn impatient * .
All these arguments are just about lack of patience * . 2012 * , Simple as.

* not applicable to junkpile

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Whats wrong with everyone,

What's wrong with you? Stop to generalize here.

Also get Undead Nightmare. icon14.gif

No. I'm fine with RDR. Don't need some ridiculous zombie spin-off.

Im even excited about Read dead 3

Good for you. Others are excited about GTA V.

When IV was finished, they layed down the plans for V,

Not true. Read that Houser interview? They didn't even have a city, let alone a plot. Not even EFLC had a detailed story.

they are working on this plan as we speak, they want to satisfy everyone with the next release to make it as expansive and entertaining as possible.

You seem to know a lot about what they do. Enough sarcasm now, this is all speculation.

They definitely DON'T want to satisfy EVERYONE. Why else are so many players pissed about GTA IV? And why is the wish list so enormous? R* also said they listen to the players, but they don't follow every wish they have, They create a game THEY think has a high quality. Luckily they always entertained me with their previous GTAs.
You forgot to mention that they're greedy. Money hungry.

Does everyone want them to complete this plan??

What plan? Are you some kind of leader, boy?
Or scrap their whole vision and just release it now.
Neither, nor.
So you all can complain about whats wrong with the next one
A perfect game doesn't exist. People will always have different tastes and opinions, wish lists will always be there.
And R* creates a game THEY think will be good, if there are crossover ideas by them and fans, so be it.

Let Rockstar finish the damn game to plan, and stop being so damn impatient.
I haven't even started on being unpatient. It is so far away, I can't be impatient. Let it begin with official info.
All these arguments are just about lack of patience. 2012, Simple as.

What's the problem? To some people GTA is some kind of religion, can't be mad at them for being unpatient. Also, even if everyone gets impatient, you think that will affect R* and all of a sudden drop an unfinsihed GTA V?

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:47 PM Edited by cosmicboy, 06 October 2011 - 04:56 PM.

QUOTE (junkpile @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 15:40)
Everything you just said.

Is this a test??
What score did I get??

I should clearly place every members name that I am specifically responding to in my posts from now on. Just so you don't confused. icon14.gif

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 14:12)

I think it's unlikely we will see another Red Dead title until the next generation of consoles in my opinion.

Red Dead is an interesting one in the sense I have no clue how they will top Redemption. Maybe in terms of gameplay and whatever, but not in character. I loved John so much, he is easily my favorite gaming character of all time.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Stop with the "R* is greedy" sh*t. If they were indeed greedy, they would be pumping out a half ass GTA every year.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 17:02)

I think it's unlikely we will see another Red Dead title until the next generation of consoles in my opinion.

Red Dead is an interesting one in the sense I have no clue how they will top Redemption. Maybe in terms of gameplay and whatever, but not in character. I loved John so much, he is easily my favorite gaming character of all time.

A large city is my guess. Turn of the century NYC? Gangs Of New York style? I'd love that.

Zee
  • Zee

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:12 PM Edited by Zee, 06 October 2011 - 06:21 PM.

Edit: double post.

Zee
  • Zee

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:21 PM Edited by Zee, 06 October 2011 - 06:33 PM.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 17:22)
QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 22:11)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:49)
Why don't these people take the hint. No one really gives a damn about Max Payne 3. Do they just get off on leading the fans on? How many times have we been sure that news was forthcoming only to be disappointed?
They treat their fans like utter sh*t. If they mad bad games, it would be a simple cut and dry matter. But they make not only great games, but the best games. So we've all got to put up with their bullsh*t again and again.

I really think there should be a mass boycotting of Max Gayne if i'm honest. Enough is enough. All we want is a f*cking announcement. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

For f*cks sake, Rockstar do not owe you anything. They've been told to work on Max Payne 3, so that's what they are working on. Announcing anything about GTAV will make that title pail and probably not sell well as everyone will be waiting for V.

They can make more than one game you know, it doesn't always have to be gta, now just be patient.

No, not really. I dont like Max Payne. I dont like LA Noire. i dont like Agent. if you want us to discuss that stuff then change the URL from GTA FORUMS to ROCKSTAR FORUMS. Last I checked, we here are GTA fans, and we want GTA. If we're upset, we'll say so, because I personally have given R* 10years of loyalty. Not trying to be disrespectful, just want my opinion to be heard.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:41 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 06 October 2011 - 06:45 PM.

QUOTE (visionist @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 19:07)
QUOTE (BTNH @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 17:02)

A large city is my guess. Turn of the century NYC? Gangs Of New York style? I'd love that.

Or a prequel set in the 1800s, with Landon Ricketts as a possible protagonist and Drew McFarlane when he wasn't old and fat.. apparently he fought the indians (on several occasions).

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

This is not official news at least to me IMO

cherrycola
  • cherrycola

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

So it's pretty much confirmed that GTA V will be released in 2013 at the earliest, 2014 if they start marketing Agent after MP3's release, as that seems to be Rockstar's new business model (one big release a year, release at springtime, six months hype before then six months marketing after). That's just insane. Five to six years between GTA's, if you don't count the mission packs. It might even get pushed to next gen the way things are going. Hell, it might as well.

cas-97
  • cas-97

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:04)
QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 12:55)
GTA V after Max Payne 3 confirmed, Agent comes later.

Logic fail.

I understand that PR speak is designed to confuse, and it wouldn't be used if it didn't work at least some of the time, but you should know better. Let me translate the next GTA reply into what it actually said.

"We're not going to answer this question. Instead, here are some shiny things to distract you."

There is absolutely no useful information in that reply. He doesn't say that they'll announce GTA after MP3 ships. He doesn't say they won't announce it until then. They have no announcement now, but you already knew that. And that's it.

Edit: Actually, this might require a breakdown. So let me go through it line by line.

"Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise"
means "We know we've been neglecting you."

"but we don’t have any news at this time."
means "We're not going to actually answer your question."

"All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices."
means "Look! Shiny!"

"When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook."
means "Now be quiet!"

You do have a point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users