Rockstar Answers Question on GTA [V]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic
gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 22:31)
This is the new Genesis. Several people viewing it, and soon, spammy replies.

True that.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:08)
I'm pissed that it took 16 years and it was sh*t, but not mad at the time in between. The fact of the matter is it still made hundreds of millions. Looks like time didn't turn the fans off there, and I suspect it will be the same thing with GTA IMO.

Yeah, but if it was made closer to original, it might not have been sh*t. That's what I was trying to get at. Then again, Return of the Jedi already had that aroma to it...

Not that Lucas' failures have anything to do with the way R* is choosing to handle the franchise. The long delay might prove a good thing for GTA. Just depends on what R* decides to do with it.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:06)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 13:37)
The pretty much confirmed Claude Speed and Claude from GTA III are the same person and that GTA 2 was set three weeks into the future (aka no particular time period) and NOT 2013 as I have seen mentioned several times.. that's good enough for me since it confirms two of my suspicions, thanks R*  icon14.gif

Just like your name, this is Money over Bullsh*t. Rockstar care more about money then they care about bullsh*t, the bullsh*t being us.

You realise we're the money right, it doesn't just come out of no where

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

They NEED to focus on other genres. I mean they can't just go around and rely on Grand Theft Auto all the time. I mean if one GTA game sells poorly it's bye bye R* and no more Grand Theft Auto ever. Now who would want that?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

It's not just that. It's whenever the developer or publisher keeps pushing the same game over and over, it gets stale. They have to do other things, and sometimes, the do need to put a series on a break. I don't know if GTA reached that point yet, but it's really for R* to decide.

Rockstar20124
  • Rockstar20124

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:17)
QUOTE (gtafreak102 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:13)
QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:11)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:49)
Why don't these people take the hint. No one really gives a damn about Max Payne 3. Do they just get off on leading the fans on? How many times have we been sure that news was forthcoming only to be disappointed?
They treat their fans like utter sh*t. If they mad bad games, it would be a simple cut and dry matter. But they make not only great games, but the best games. So we've all got to put up with their bullsh*t again and again.

I really think there should be a mass boycotting of Max Gayne if i'm honest. Enough is enough. All we want is a f*cking announcement. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

All we have to do is wait. How many times do I have to tell people this? Meanwhile I'm playing GTA 4 Complete Edition.

Have fun playing the same old GTA for the last 4 years. I could care less about it being the "complete edition," it is just a gimmick.

The fact is, it will most likely be half a f*cking decade between IV and V.. possibly more. They have treated the whole GTA fanbase like complete crap. We have wanted news on GTA for ages now. How much more waiting do we have to do? It is disrespectful to the fans of the game and the GTA franchise, Rockstar are getting too big for their boots. I seriously think there should be a boycotting of Max Payne until an announcement is made.

I am sick and tired of their bullsh*t "surprise surprise!" crap, I'm sick and tired of the mysterious "stay tuned...." which lead to no where. We have been anticipating this game for too long. And no, DLC doesn't count as stand alone games.

Totally agree icon14.gif I already had a topic about when Max Payne 3 flops Rockstar Games under pressure from parent company Take Two Interactive must release GTA V for a sure 2012 release. And I am or was a big Max Payne fan because I love film noir. But I hate the new Fruity Pebbles setting and out of character bad haircut. Max Payne goes Britney Spears shaving his head suicidal.gif That's at least for me a reason not to buy MP3 at launch. Certainly with a much better Mass Effect 3 coming around the same time cool.gif

I do understand a four year gap between SA and GTA IV because of the new then next gen hardware from PS2 to PS3 and Xbox to 360 with the new RAGE engine. But this is getting ridiculous and tiresome to say the least cryani.gif

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

I do not get why gimps keep posting things like "Finally" and crap of that nature. They have not confirmed anything like the release of a reveal trailer or a date on which more info on GTA V will be revealed. All they have been saying is the same thing that has been said around these forums for months; they are focused on MP 3. Besides, GTA V was practically confirmed in that interview where he said something like "we'll think of a city first, then the location." Stop taking things and acting as if they haven't been said before.

GTA V will come when it does.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar20124 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 23:29)
QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:17)
QUOTE (gtafreak102 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:13)
QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:11)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:49)
Why don't these people take the hint. No one really gives a damn about Max Payne 3. Do they just get off on leading the fans on? How many times have we been sure that news was forthcoming only to be disappointed?
They treat their fans like utter sh*t. If they mad bad games, it would be a simple cut and dry matter. But they make not only great games, but the best games. So we've all got to put up with their bullsh*t again and again.

I really think there should be a mass boycotting of Max Gayne if i'm honest. Enough is enough. All we want is a f*cking announcement. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

All we have to do is wait. How many times do I have to tell people this? Meanwhile I'm playing GTA 4 Complete Edition.

Have fun playing the same old GTA for the last 4 years. I could care less about it being the "complete edition," it is just a gimmick.

The fact is, it will most likely be half a f*cking decade between IV and V.. possibly more. They have treated the whole GTA fanbase like complete crap. We have wanted news on GTA for ages now. How much more waiting do we have to do? It is disrespectful to the fans of the game and the GTA franchise, Rockstar are getting too big for their boots. I seriously think there should be a boycotting of Max Payne until an announcement is made.

I am sick and tired of their bullsh*t "surprise surprise!" crap, I'm sick and tired of the mysterious "stay tuned...." which lead to no where. We have been anticipating this game for too long. And no, DLC doesn't count as stand alone games.

Totally agree icon14.gif I already had a topic about when Max Payne 3 flops Rockstar Games under pressure from parent company Take Two Interactive must release GTA V for a sure 2012 release. And I am or was a big Max Payne fan because I love film noir. But I hate the new Fruity Pebbles setting and out of character bad haircut. Max Payne goes Britney Spears shaving his head suicidal.gif That's at least for me a reason not to buy MP3 at launch. Certainly with a much better Mass Effect 3 coming around the same time cool.gif

I do understand a four year gap between SA and GTA IV because of the new then next gen hardware from PS2 to PS3 and Xbox to 360 with the new RAGE engine. But this is getting ridiculous and tiresome to say the least cryani.gif

Welcome to the club, you think your the only one waiting? Me and a dozen other People are too, but you don't see half of them complaining and threating to boycott over a f*cking game that you will buy and play no matter how long you wait. The fact is gta is not Rockstars only priority and since 2004, they have broaden their horizon and are making other blockbuster games that sold far well. Just be patient people and stop acting like spoil 12 year olds having a hissyfit over a video game.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:30)
There's been some speculation lately over when Rockstar will be announcing anything new on the GTA franchise, including the possibility of something around the 10 year anniversary of GTA III/3D Grand Theft Auto. Today, Rockstar answered two questions on this as part of their "Ask & Answered" Q&A.

http://www.rockstarg...d-and-more.html

The last two questions on that page...

“When are we going to see a new GTA????? #bestgameever” - received via Twitter
“When's the new grand theft auto coming out?” - received via Twitter

Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise but we don’t have any news at this time.
All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices. When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.

“Grand Theft Auto III ten years! How does that sound? You should be proud of yourselves. Any special events?” - received via Mouthoff

Thank you. We’re more proud of you long-standing Grand Theft Auto fans who’ve been there since the release of GTAIII and before – and truly helped make that series what it is with your amazing support. We may have a couple things lined up to commemorate the occasion – we have recently announced that we’ll be doing an official Social Club GTA multiplayer play session (of GTAIV: Complete Edition) on the weekend of Grand Theft Auto III’s ten year anniversary with some special giveaways. And we might have one or two other little things lined up. Please stay tuned...

I like this news, exept for this:
When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.
The "and if" part is what worries me.

DTroll
  • DTroll

Trollface

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 00:00)
QUOTE (Adriaan @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:30)
There's been some speculation lately over when Rockstar will be announcing anything new on the GTA franchise, including the possibility of something around the 10 year anniversary of GTA III/3D Grand Theft Auto. Today, Rockstar answered two questions on this as part of their "Ask & Answered" Q&A.

http://www.rockstarg...d-and-more.html

The last two questions on that page...

“When are we going to see a new GTA????? #bestgameever” - received via Twitter
“When's the new grand theft auto coming out?” - received via Twitter

Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise but we don’t have any news at this time.
All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices. When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.

“Grand Theft Auto III ten years! How does that sound? You should be proud of yourselves. Any special events?” - received via Mouthoff

Thank you. We’re more proud of you long-standing Grand Theft Auto fans who’ve been there since the release of GTAIII and before – and truly helped make that series what it is with your amazing support. We may have a couple things lined up to commemorate the occasion – we have recently announced that we’ll be doing an official Social Club GTA multiplayer play session (of GTAIV: Complete Edition) on the weekend of Grand Theft Auto III’s ten year anniversary with some special giveaways. And we might have one or two other little things lined up. Please stay tuned...

I like this news, exept for this:
When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.
The "and if" part is what worries me.

Rockstar wouldn't leave us hanging on the series like that...would they?

rickbro
  • rickbro

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:14 AM

the sooner we hear about gta v the better, however i understand they need to focus on other games. It has been a while since gta IV so some information soon would be nice.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

Oh my god..could this be a hint:

“Will there be more paid for DLC like Undead Nightmare free roam or other DLC that greatly expands the game? Thanks.” - 14478170

Apart from the free fan appreciation Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack mentioned above, there are no plans right now for any other Red Dead Redemption DLC. The team at Rockstar San Diego are otherwise busy working on other projects …

Hence the "..." at the end...

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Entitled Asshat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:57)
“@RockstarGames now that you have covered 1911, 1947, 1986, 1987, 1992 and the present... Do you plan on doing a game set in the future?” - received via Twitter

Great question. We have actually done some games set in the future, although not in quite awhile. There was Oni, and Wild Metal, and GTA2 was set in a dystopian vision of “three weeks into the future” (incidentally, you can download Wild Metal and GTA2 on PC for free at www.rockstargames.com/classics if you’ve never checked them out). Since then and over the past decade though, you’re right in that we’ve been more interested in setting games in contemporary, nostalgic or historic settings. No particular reason why, it’s just what we have felt like making. If we think of a great idea for a game world in the future which we think is interesting and original, then there is no reason why not. 

"Hello, I just want to know if Claude Speed (GTA 2) and Claude (GTA III) are the same person. So, are they the same person? Anyway, thanks for all fun you guys are giving me with these games, I'm a BIG FAN of the Grand Theft Auto series and Red Dead Redemption!” - received via Mouthoff

Probably. It seems very likely but it’s also possible that there are just a lot of angry silent car thieves called Claude out there.

Don't forget these.

I had a weird pit of my stomach feeling that Claude was really Claude Speed, hence the same name, nearly same clothes and silent personalities.

I'm even more fueled for the GTA V to be possibly revealed.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

Disappointed and relieved. That's pretty official we won't be hearing anything at all for a while. At least we know now.

Almost sounded like there is no GTAV at all, but the leaked info about Rush seems to point differently, other than that. GTA nothing.

I'm sad, not going to boycott Max Payne though because I was never going to buy it anyway. I'll probably buy it used for $19.99 after 500 hours of GTAV lol.

Looks like R* doesn't want my money for a looooong time. Thanks for LA Noire (loved it), not going to buy it for the PC as I have it on the PS3... thanks for the good times R*. See ya in a couple years.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Method @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 01:24)

“Will there be more paid for DLC like Undead Nightmare free roam or other DLC that greatly expands the game? Thanks.” - 14478170

Apart from the free fan appreciation Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack mentioned above, there are no plans right now for any other Red Dead Redemption DLC. The team at Rockstar San Diego are otherwise busy working on other projects …

Since when do San Diego work on GTA?

Nebby
  • Nebby

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (OGCFB @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 01:44)
QUOTE (Method @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 01:24)

Well, use your other resource's to find out why that could possibly a hint..Rockstar* even mentioned that they like their whole time to be apart of their game's...

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

Speaking of III, what if R* decided to release it for free, like what they did to the first two games?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

Not for a while. They can still make good money off III era games.

Niall
  • Niall

Love Media

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:50 AM Edited by Niall, 06 October 2011 - 02:54 AM.

QUOTE (OGCFB @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 17:44)

Since,
Rockstar Studios:
A true cross-studio collaboration between Rockstar Games’ global development teams...
Source
user posted image

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:34 AM

I am very disappointed with rockstar. It's been 4 fuc*ing years since the hit release of GTA IV.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 03:34)
I am very disappointed with rockstar. It's been 4 fuc*ing years since the hit release of GTA IV.

n b 4 "don't forget DLC!"

Because after all, if you put a bumper sticker on an old car it magically becomes not only a new car but a different car.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

That's a flimsy argument. Stretch it, and you can say that VC and SA were just "bumper stickers" on GTA III. In which case, it has been over 6 years between the previous two major GTAs, and whining after less than four years of wait is very silly.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 03:59)
That's a flimsy argument. Stretch it, and you can say that VC and SA were just "bumper stickers" on GTA III. In which case, it has been over 6 years between the previous two major GTAs, and whining after less than four years of wait is very silly.

Well VC and SA had new maps and engines, not exactly comparable to the current gens' DLCs. I see what he means. They slapped new characters in the same map.
Even if the next GTA was IV era, give it a new map and details like the VC & SA evolution and it really is a lot more than what we've been given so far in this GTA4 era. I'd love it still.

I liked the DLCs but ending the 4 era there in favour for a huge wait on a new era same platform "V" era seems a bit strange. Almost as likely the series is being dumped for now because the high-ups are afraid if the basket of eggs don't turn into many baskets they will turn into Sega tomorrow.

Mr Black
  • Mr Black

10 Years on GTA Forums!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Ispintechno @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 04:14)
QUOTE (K^2 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 03:59)

Well VC and SA had new maps and engines, not exactly comparable to the current gens' DLCs. I see what he means. They slapped new characters in the same map.
Even if the next GTA was IV era, give it a new map and details like the VC & SA evolution and it really is a lot more than what we've been given so far in this GTA4 era. I'd love it still.

I liked the DLCs but ending the 4 era there in favour for a huge wait on a new era same platform "V" era seems a bit strange. Almost as likely the series is being dumped for now because the high-ups are afraid if the basket of eggs don't turn into many baskets they will turn into Sega tomorrow.

Agreed, The DLCs are not the same as Vice City and San Andreas are to III.

It would be weird for them to dump RAGE after just one GTA game, personally i think the next in the series will not be V but an offshoot using the same but tweeked engine, with a different map and new features.

I would be happy with this..no need to jump from IV to V until the next gen consoles are out, the current engine is on the whole fine.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (Method @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 04:24)

Yes, Midnight Club 5 is coming.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

If the next Gta isn't like this then i will be disappointed.

LCMetro
  • LCMetro

LCMPD Commissioner

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:30 AM Edited by LCMetro, 06 October 2011 - 05:33 AM.

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 05:21)

If the next Gta isn't like this then i will be disappointed.

Whats with the fruity european licence plate? Is San Andreas part of the EU now? If whoever is making this mod wants it to look authentic then they need to have American style license plates on the cars. I know you europeans are jealous that all the coolest stuff is based on us, but try to keep it in perspective.

On the original post - There is no new info here. Basically R* sucks and they know it, but they are trying to convince us that they dont.

GTAWithStyle
  • GTAWithStyle

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Why did they have to say "if" aswell as "when"? that just makes it sound like they haven't even started on any GTAV and only will if they decide to after MaxPayne3

LCMetro
  • LCMetro

LCMPD Commissioner

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (GTAWithStyle @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 05:58)
that just makes it sound like they haven't even started on any GTAV and only will if they decide to after MaxPayne3

The skies finally open up and the angels sing! Someone FINALLY gets it!

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 14:34)

The time between April 29, 2008 and 6th of October 2011 is not four years it is 3.5 years.
The time between The release of San Andreas and the release of GTA IV - October 2004 to April 2008 was around 3.5 years.
The time between GTA IV and the release of Liberty city stories and Vice City stories was from June 6, 2006 and October 30 2006 to April 29 2008 which was about 1 to 1.5 years.

I think Vice City Stories and Liberty City stories are comparable to The Ballad Of Gay Tony and The Lost and The Damned, so using this comparison the time from the initial release of the episodes for Xbox360 October 29th (my Birthday) 2009 to now was about 2 years, so we have waited a similar amount of time in comparison to previous title, while we will be waiting longer please don't exaggerate the amount of time, and don't act like its a first.

@LC Metro, i think they have begun production of GTA V, maybe some time ago, but there is still a fair amount of work to go before rockstar makes any announcement.
Better to have it ready rather than have a delay like with the release of GTA IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users