Rockstar Answers Question on GTA [V]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic
Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:04)
Well yeah they confirmed that they are focusing on MP3 first before anything else, which is what we knew anyway.

Well, they confirmed it. So that's as good as it's going to get for awhile it seems.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:04)

I understand that PR speak is designed to confuse, and it wouldn't be used if it didn't work at least some of the time, but you should know better. Let me translate the next GTA reply into what it actually said.

Hehehe.

"I can tell you're a smart guy by the just terrific questions you ask. What do I have to do to see drive home in a used Subaru?"

"So this isn't McDonalds?"

"Whoa, hombre! The boss'll have my hide. Were you trained in advanced interrogation techniques?"

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, GTAF Lurker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Screw V, they have 1 or 2 other things lined up GTA III related! (PSN Release of III era games) please!

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

Why don't these people take the hint. No one really gives a damn about Max Payne 3. Do they just get off on leading the fans on? How many times have we been sure that news was forthcoming only to be disappointed?
They treat their fans like utter sh*t. If they mad bad games, it would be a simple cut and dry matter. But they make not only great games, but the best games. So we've all got to put up with their bullsh*t again and again.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

I found NOTHING in their reply to suggest a GTAV confirmation. They were extremely vague, in fact, i feel LESS certain we will hear anything regarding GTA anytime soon. They could have said, "GTAV IS in development, but we cannot announce anything else at this time. We are focused on the next titles being released, and when we can, we WILL give you more information. Thank you for your patience, and continued support." THAT is a confirmation. Everything else is wishful thinking. I have no doubt that GTAV IS going to happen, but Rockstar's vague stance leads me to believe that it is STILL a long way away. Max Payne 3 was rumored forever, and even now that is WAS announced, it's still a half year away from actual release.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

I can't wait to see people's faces when Max Payne 3 has been out for about 6 months and R* turn their focus on Agent. (At least 6 months of marketing before release and probably about 4 - 6 months of supporting the game with DLC:s and so on) It's gonna be f*cking fun.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, GTAF Lurker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Think logically, the less they say, and the more vague they are the less hype V will generate, as soon as any sort of confirmation is made R* know there other titles will pail in comparison.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

The pretty much confirmed Claude Speed and Claude from GTA III are the same person and that GTA 2 was set three weeks into the future (aka no particular time period) and NOT 2013 as I have seen mentioned several times.. that's good enough for me since it confirms two of my suspicions, thanks R* icon14.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 05:04)
QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 12:55)
GTA V after Max Payne 3 confirmed, Agent comes later.

Logic fail.

I understand that PR speak is designed to confuse, and it wouldn't be used if it didn't work at least some of the time, but you should know better. Let me translate the next GTA reply into what it actually said.

"We're not going to answer this question. Instead, here are some shiny things to distract you."

There is absolutely no useful information in that reply. He doesn't say that they'll announce GTA after MP3 ships. He doesn't say they won't announce it until then. They have no announcement now, but you already knew that. And that's it.

Edit: Actually, this might require a breakdown. So let me go through it line by line.

"Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise"
means "We know we've been neglecting you."

"but we don’t have any news at this time."
means "We're not going to actually answer your question."

"All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices."
means "Look! Shiny!"

"When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook."
means "Now be quiet!"

Yeah thats exactly what they said, basically they got the op with the shiny.

mr quick
  • mr quick

i've been on the run but i've done my time

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:44)
Screw V, they have 1 or 2 other things lined up GTA III related! (PSN Release of III era games) please!

Yeah, I also need(!) to låplay the III era on the ps3 colgate.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 13:37)
The pretty much confirmed Claude Speed and Claude from GTA III are the same person and that GTA 2 was set three weeks into the future (aka no particular time period) and NOT 2013 as I have seen mentioned several times.. that's good enough for me since it confirms two of my suspicions, thanks R* icon14.gif

Just like your name, this is Money over Bullsh*t. Rockstar care more about money then they care about bullsh*t, the bullsh*t being us.

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:49)
Why don't these people take the hint. No one really gives a damn about Max Payne 3. Do they just get off on leading the fans on? How many times have we been sure that news was forthcoming only to be disappointed?
They treat their fans like utter sh*t. If they mad bad games, it would be a simple cut and dry matter. But they make not only great games, but the best games. So we've all got to put up with their bullsh*t again and again.

I really think there should be a mass boycotting of Max Gayne if i'm honest. Enough is enough. All we want is a f*cking announcement. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:11)

I really think there should be a mass boycotting of Max Gayne if i'm honest. Enough is enough. All we want is a f*cking announcement. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

All we have to do is wait. How many times do I have to tell people this? Meanwhile I'm playing GTA 4 Complete Edition.

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak102 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:13)

All we have to do is wait. How many times do I have to tell people this? Meanwhile I'm playing GTA 4 Complete Edition.

Have fun playing the same old GTA for the last 4 years. I could care less about it being the "complete edition," it is just a gimmick.

The fact is, it will most likely be half a f*cking decade between IV and V.. possibly more. They have treated the whole GTA fanbase like complete crap. We have wanted news on GTA for ages now. How much more waiting do we have to do? It is disrespectful to the fans of the game and the GTA franchise, Rockstar are getting too big for their boots. I seriously think there should be a boycotting of Max Payne until an announcement is made.

I am sick and tired of their bullsh*t "surprise surprise!" crap, I'm sick and tired of the mysterious "stay tuned...." which lead to no where. We have been anticipating this game for too long. And no, DLC doesn't count as stand alone games.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:17 PM Edited by Street Mix, 05 October 2011 - 09:20 PM.

No one really gives a damn about Max Payne 3.

You surveyed everyone? I do care about best TPS title and so do many other people.
I really think there should be a mass boycotting of Max Gayne if i'm honest.

The're should be an IQ check before letting people use the internet.
Have fun playing the same old GTA for the last 4 years.

Yeah we actually do. That's why GTA is so popular and sold so many - it's still enjoyable after years.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Thursday, Oct 6 2011, 08:11)

Once they release the game, boycotting it will not give Rockstar their time back, that time was still used on MP3, and all the money spent would go to waste, money that could have gone towards developing GTA. They probably wouldn't announce it anyway.

Besides you are the only one who didn't think it through and would be the only one not buying the game, but you would not have bought it anyway.

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:17)

Have fun playing the same old GTA for the last 4 years. I could care less about it being the "complete edition," it is just a gimmick.

The fact is, it will most likely be half a f*cking decade between IV and V.. possibly more. They have treated the whole GTA fanbase like complete crap. We have wanted news on GTA for ages now. How much more waiting do we have to do? It is disrespectful to the fans of the game and the GTA franchise, Rockstar are getting too big for their boots. I seriously think there should be a boycotting of Max Payne until an announcement is made.

I am sick and tired of their bullsh*t "surprise surprise!" crap, I'm sick and tired of the mysterious "stay tuned...." which lead to no where. We have been anticipating this game for too long. And no, DLC doesn't count as stand alone games.

Not to be disrespectful, but that's your opinion. My opinion is that R* is doing what normal companies is doing. Teasing the fanbase. There's nothing wrong with that. biggrin.gif

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:29 PM Edited by Zee, 05 October 2011 - 09:31 PM.

QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:17)

This is the absolute truth, theyre masking the fact that they wont announce anything new this year, and drumming up false support for lame-duck releases like Red Dead Redemption "GOTY edition." dozingoff.gif

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Holy sh*t, some people are thick. RELAX, they are expanding into other genres and that's fine. By the logic in this thread, I should have been pissed at George Lucas for taking 16 years between Jedi and Menace. biggrin.gif

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 17:55)
By the logic in this thread, I should have been pissed at George Lucas for taking 16 years between Jedi and Menace. biggrin.gif

You aren't? You're one of the few.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

I'm excited about a new Max Payne game.

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

OK, let me put my 2 cent into it. The fanbase is trying to make R* come out with their hands up and leak their pants. What I'm talking about is that they're trying to make R* finally come clean and leak the release date. Personally I try to wait until they finnaly announce the date. You can see that in my above posts.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

I'm pissed that it took 16 years and it was sh*t, but not mad at the time in between. The fact of the matter is it still made hundreds of millions. Looks like time didn't turn the fans off there, and I suspect it will be the same thing with GTA IMO.

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Diesel311 @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 22:08)
I'm pissed that it took 16 years and it was sh*t, but not mad at the time in between. The fact of the matter is it still made hundreds of millions. Looks like time didn't turn the fans off there, and I suspect it will be the same thing with GTA IMO.

I don't expect that. Not with a high profile franchise like GTA.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

You people realise there are other games than GTA right? Stop whining, it'll be announced when its announced

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 22:20)
You people realise there are other games than GTA right? Stop whining, it'll be announced when its announced

That's what i've been trying to tell these people.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 22:11)

For f*cks sake, Rockstar do not owe you anything. They've been told to work on Max Payne 3, so that's what they are working on. Announcing anything about GTAV will make that title pail and probably not sell well as everyone will be waiting for V.

They can make more than one game you know, it doesn't always have to be gta, now just be patient.

Diesel311
  • Diesel311

Hunter of V's

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

precisely! Who cares if it takes 7 years? I will still buy it, because it will be quality.

gtafreak102
  • gtafreak102

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

See, now this topic is starting to pick up speed. biggrin.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

This is the new Genesis. Several people viewing it, and soon, spammy replies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users