Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

There's been some speculation lately over when Rockstar will be announcing anything new on the GTA franchise, including the possibility of something around the 10 year anniversary of GTA III/3D Grand Theft Auto. Today, Rockstar answered two questions on this as part of their "Ask & Answered" Q&A.

http://www.rockstarg...d-and-more.html

The last two questions on that page...

“When are we going to see a new GTA????? #bestgameever” - received via Twitter
“When's the new grand theft auto coming out?” - received via Twitter

Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise but we don’t have any news at this time.
All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices. When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.

“Grand Theft Auto III ten years! How does that sound? You should be proud of yourselves. Any special events?” - received via Mouthoff

Thank you. We’re more proud of you long-standing Grand Theft Auto fans who’ve been there since the release of GTAIII and before – and truly helped make that series what it is with your amazing support. We may have a couple things lined up to commemorate the occasion – we have recently announced that we’ll be doing an official Social Club GTA multiplayer play session (of GTAIV: Complete Edition) on the weekend of Grand Theft Auto III’s ten year anniversary with some special giveaways. And we might have one or two other little things lined up. Please stay tuned...

rmisdice
  • rmisdice

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Finally Rockstar mentions future GTA's geez, thanks for posting that.

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Finally something official, at least we know what they've got to ship first now :|

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

Amazing. I was begining to doubt if GTA still existed. Thanks for posting this.

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Homie

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Topic GTA 2016 [The Next DLC Speculation Thread]

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Finally.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

GTA V after Max Payne 3 confirmed, Agent comes later.

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:55)

nothing is confirmed, i'm still skeptical about everything

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (BenDeR_ @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:53)
Finally.

Please add more to your post than just one word to prevent any warnings.
On topic: That sounds good, finally they're answering something about GTA V.

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:57 PM Edited by cosmicboy, 05 October 2011 - 05:00 PM.

“@RockstarGames now that you have covered 1911, 1947, 1986, 1987, 1992 and the present... Do you plan on doing a game set in the future?” - received via Twitter

Great question. We have actually done some games set in the future, although not in quite awhile. There was Oni, and Wild Metal, and GTA2 was set in a dystopian vision of “three weeks into the future” (incidentally, you can download Wild Metal and GTA2 on PC for free at www.rockstargames.com/classics if you’ve never checked them out). Since then and over the past decade though, you’re right in that we’ve been more interested in setting games in contemporary, nostalgic or historic settings. No particular reason why, it’s just what we have felt like making. If we think of a great idea for a game world in the future which we think is interesting and original, then there is no reason why not. 

"Hello, I just want to know if Claude Speed (GTA 2) and Claude (GTA III) are the same person. So, are they the same person? Anyway, thanks for all fun you guys are giving me with these games, I'm a BIG FAN of the Grand Theft Auto series and Red Dead Redemption!” - received via Mouthoff

Probably. It seems very likely but it’s also possible that there are just a lot of angry silent car thieves called Claude out there.

Don't forget these.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Why is everyone hyped about? they just repeated what they said some time ago.

CookPassBabtridge
  • CookPassBabtridge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Cheers to Adriaan for the posting. icon14.gif

They have now officially announced they aint saying a word...... I may just go on a GTA hibernation until Easter, which is looking like when they might speak.

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (CookPassBabtridge @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 17:06)
Cheers to Adriaan for the posting. icon14.gif

They have now officially announced they aint saying a word...... I may just go on a GTA hibernation until Easter, which is looking like when they might speak.

Exactly how I see it. I even posted this in Genesis. The ONLY bit we can take note of is the "stay tuned..." The very last question is on GTA III and R* they may do a few things this month.

Rockstar20124
  • Rockstar20124

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:56)
QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 16:55)

nothing is confirmed, i'm still skeptical about everything

Although this is a great find I'm staying skeptical as well sad.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Everything You Do Is A Balloon

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Wow, slightly depressing. The next GTA will be a long time away. Thanks goodness for True Crime: HK and Saints Row 3. I hope they'll keep me busy til V.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:04 PM Edited by K^2, 05 October 2011 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 12:55)

Logic fail.

I understand that PR speak is designed to confuse, and it wouldn't be used if it didn't work at least some of the time, but you should know better. Let me translate the next GTA reply into what it actually said.

"We're not going to answer this question. Instead, here are some shiny things to distract you."

There is absolutely no useful information in that reply. He doesn't say that they'll announce GTA after MP3 ships. He doesn't say they won't announce it until then. They have no announcement now, but you already knew that. And that's it.

Edit: Actually, this might require a breakdown. So let me go through it line by line.

"Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise"
means "We know we've been neglecting you."

"but we don’t have any news at this time."
means "We're not going to actually answer your question."

"All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices."
means "Look! Shiny!"

"When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook."
means "Now be quiet!"

Rockstar20124
  • Rockstar20124

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:03)
Wow, slightly depressing. The next GTA will be a long time away. Thanks goodness for True Crime: HK and Saints Row 3. I hope they'll keep me busy til V.

Yeah, at least a year away. I used to basically hate the Saints Row franchise but now I will buy Saints Row 3 at launch. Because Volition and THQ have improved a lot, especially the physics, and there is no other sandbox game out anyway. True Crime : HK will get a new title because Square Enix didn't buy the franchise name rights. Anyway, this game with whatever title will most likely be a day one buy as well. I'm a huge sandbox game fan because of GTA . Real shame Rockstar North only makes one game every four years if not longer these days cryani.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Fascist, Loofa-faced s**t-gibbon.

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Unofficial deep confirmation.

His single word is more ontopic than some multiparagraph posts on GTAForums. Why warn a man for this?

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:54)

His single word is more ontopic than some multiparagraph posts on GTAForums. Why warn a man for this?

He could have said:"Finally, some confirmation." or something like that. If someone doesn't have more than a word to conribute they should post anything at all.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Oh well, expected. The things they have lined up might be some more MP events for RDR or LA Noire, it seems they do want to talk about V... After MP3.

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

I am such a happy man! Yes! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif Cheers everyone!

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Basically telling us everything we already knew, and nothing new. Note that they didn't say anything official regarding it. We're in the same place we've been all year.

Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 18:49)
Basically telling us everything we already knew, and nothing new. Note that they didn't say anything official regarding it. We're in the same place we've been all year.

True, but at least they confirmed it right?

lol.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

They haven't confirmed or denied anything, they basically didn't answer the question.

Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:01)
They haven't confirmed or denied anything, they basically didn't answer the question.

Sorry, what I meant was they basically confirmed something we already knew. So therefore, we don't need to worry about it anymore.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Well yeah they confirmed that they are focusing on MP3 first before anything else, which is what we knew anyway.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:07 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 05 October 2011 - 07:12 PM.

For over-stretching reasons, I now say that GTA V May (subliminal) come after Agent.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

I am willing to bet (seriously am willing to) that there is people who spend more time on this forum before GTA5 comes out than actually playing the game when it comes out.

think about it. pretty wrong if u ask me.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:10 PM Edited by SmC12, 05 October 2011 - 07:12 PM.

K^2 summed it up perfectly. They never confirmed, nor denied anything regarding the question. Very careful selection of words which mention the series but don't give any impression or hints that they have something to talk about.

"..you know we'll do it here on the Newswire.." - Since when have they ever used the site to announce GTA? Except the teaser sites which myteriously pop up with a countdown, but they've never officially used the site for GTA like they do with the other games.. why? So it makes sense how he didn't say anything about it but used a distraction.

There's no doubt that R* want to market their other games, they are a gaming company afterall. But their #1 selling game series is not just put back in the cupboard at the click of the finger because Max Payne needs more attention. They have studios spread out to handle the different loads of work required for these other games, R* North get dedicated development time with the GTA franchise.

Really this does absolutely nothing except confirm they realise our impatience for news, and also that the game is possibly called "V".

Also, I wouldn't take the Newswire staff members word for it anyway. It is there simply to keep feeding the community and inform them of upcoming events, rarely used to announce big news. Plus it stops all the emails being sent to R* which only ask "When is the RDR dlc out i needz it naao!".

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 20:07)

Yes, they did answer the question. Want proof?

Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise but we don’t have any news at this time.
All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices. When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.

What do you call all that text under the question? sigh.gif

I thought that Agent will come first, but after this, I'm sure that GTA V will come after Sao Paolo (subliminal)!

Read K^2's post for why I've said they didn't answer the question.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:12)
QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 20:07)

Yes, they did answer the question. Want proof?

What do you call all that text under the question? sigh.gif

I thought that Agent will come first, but after this, I'm sure that GTA V will come after Sao Paolo (subliminal)!

Read K^2's post for why I've said they didn't answer the question.

I didn't post all that quoted text, did I? I may have been drunk!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users