Photo

Newbies' guide to Gang/Mafia life.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic
alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:50 PM Edited by alucardiff, 09 October 2011 - 12:41 PM.

GUIDE TO GANG/MAFIA LIFE

This is mostly aimed to the unexperienced part of the community, but some well known DYOM'ers should read this too.

MAFIA

Alright kids listen up. Mafias are not like gangs. A gang is mostly a bunch of drug dealers and hoodlums claiming their "turf". A Mafia, well, that's one step up from the ladder. Most Mafias were formed in the 1900's, at the start of the Great Depression because of the foreign immigrants (Italians, mostly, then mexicans and blacks). As you may figure out, these immigrants were living in ghettos (yeah, Italian Mafia guys in a dirty ghetto, you get it) and due to racism (mostly racism, white guys torturing an innocent black guy was a sport back then, and I'm not just making it up) gangs were formed. The Italian gangs started in dealing with moonshine and stuff (as you may know, alcohol was prohibited, it was considered as bad as drugs) and you can figure out the rest. They grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger until the mobs we see today. Cool, yeah?

How do they recruit new members?

Like most organized crime groups (yes, gangs do fit in this category, though it may seem they don't), they need to test, inspect, examine their potential new members for millions of reasons. Cops, informants, fake gangsters with no guts, and the list continues. For example, if one is talented it may take around 7-8 months to join a mafia family, but if he's an ignorant dumbass, it can take him up to 5 years. So no, mafias don't go around kidnapping people and asking them to join their awesome evil private group.

What are they specialized in? What do they do for money?

Well, they're not especially good in something. Yes, mafias sell drugs too. Weapons too, and sex too. They mostly do everything to make a penny, and most of them use legal businesses to cover it up. Ever heard of stories of a flower shop and in the basement a full blown whore house? It happens more often that you think.

How do they deal with other Mafias/Cops?

Behold the power of organized crime! Most mafias usually have cops on a payroll to put out an eye so they ignore their activities, but some cops aren't dirty. In that case, they usually send a message if they're desperate (I'm not talkin' about a nice letter and a box of f*ckin' toffifees, I'm talking about breaking your brother's arm or drive-bying your house. It does happen, trust me. Just because the news don't pop that sh*t up, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.) Now, family vs family? They mostly try to get along and not invoke war and stuff, but AFAIK they declare war upon each other for the slightest wrong they've done. Take a note that mobsters have ultimate respect for another one's wife/child. They don't go beating up their wife or even looking mean at her. They consider their family as the most sacred thing. So, if one guy from another family gives a guy's wife a look and the guy is a high ranked guy, it may start a conflict, but not a full blown massacre.
UPDATE: The wife thing is confirmed 100%. Seems that, in 2007 police found in a don's house a list of 10 commandments to follow and respect, and 2 of them were: "Never look at the wives of friends." and "Wives must be treated with respect". However, it's going a little strange, since "Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife is about to give birth." is also absolutely necessary.

GANGS

Gangs. My oh, my. These guys are a whole new deal of f*cked up. Mostly they are of latin and african descent, but make no mistake, there ARE white gangs (not gonna go there 'cause nazism is utterly wrong). Most of them formed around the 1950's, but not the kind of gangs we see today with black guys shouting profane words, no sir! Those were formed around the 1980's, like the famed Crip gang. (Everyone heard of that, right?)

How do they recruit new members?

Hang out with him, smoke a nail, drink some juice, then kick 'is f*ckin' ass! That's how it goes. All new gang members that are going to officially join the gang go through a blood in blood out process. I don't know why they do this myself, but they beat the sh*t out of the new guy. 4-5 guys gang up against him and sometimes use bats and other blunt objects and beat the living sh*t out of him. If he survives, he's in. If not, that's too bad. Don't get the idea that gangs are nice and stuff, they hold pretty dark secrets.

What are they specialized in? What do they do for money?

Drugs. Oh damn, these drugs! They deal crack, meth, weed and every stuff they can get their hands on. However, you can't imagine a quarter of their profits. These guys make more money in a month than some of us make in a year. Most are poor and manage their business poorly, but talented dealers are can pretty much retire early. They also deal in prostitution. A lot. Pimps and hoes, you know the story.

How do they deal with other Gangs/Cops?

They're mostly relatively hostile against each others, but most gangs seem to get along finely. However, the wrong member in the wrong turf can lead to a murder easily. Cops? That's a different stories. Gangstas and cops are not friends. Most gangstas consider cops as guys trying to torture them, not protect them. ( Not saying police is trying to protect us. That's supposed to be their job, but it's 2011. You get the idea. ) They don't get along, at all.

THE END

PLEASE, feel absolutely free to ask me questions. I'm not a crime expert but I know my share. Also, be aware that being in a gang/mafia is NOT illegal. Police doesn't go around arresting a gangster for no reason. For an arrest, they need proof or a witness that they did something, and if they find more stuff later, THEN he can really be considered a member of an organized crime group.

ANSWERED QUESTIONS/MORE STUFF TO READ

La Cosa Nostra? What the hell is that?

First of all, the name of "Mafia" came from the italian word mafiusu in Sicily (everyone knows almost all Italian immigrants came from Sicily, not Italy) which meant a proud, aggresive and arrogant man. Now, for the question. Mafia MEANS la Cosa Nostra, and Cosa Nostra itself translates to "Our thing". Remember in all those old mob movies, the Mafia was referred to as "this thing of ours"? Also, to make another mobster acknowledge that that guy is in that particular family too, they say "stessa costa", which means "The same thing (of ours)".
So that answers Notna's question:
--------------------------------------------------
"kill 100 gaiz of teh riwal coza nostra mafia then ur a maed gai kk?"

Do I see a little reference to my mission pack here? If so, no offence, I don't care.
--------------------------------------------------

No, Notna, it's not necessarily a reference to your pack. ANY mafia is referred to as a Cosa Nostra Family.

Well, how do people leave a gang/mafia?

Simply said, you can't. You know too much, you get killed. "Whacked", mobsters say. However, there were some exceptions over time when gangstas/gangsters allowed fellow criminals leave, however the chances of this happening is very rare.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

Wow. You've put much effort in this. Great job, this helps me a lot with my story!

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

No problem, this was pretty fun to make.
I still don't understand why this got only 28 views so far. Is remembering 1/4 of a damn page hard?

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

Don't be so unpatient, dude, most of DYOM users are offline.

And also, very good work on it, man, really, like Notna said, you put much effort in this. I was wrong about you for the first.

Still, offtopic attention: you're so long here, but still didn't make a mission pack. When must I wait?

And, you're not a troll, but don't be so *cough* bastard *cough* to others.

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Don't rush making wrong impressions SF!
I actually made 2 so far, no, 3. What's up with that, lol? I'm about to make on soon enough.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

Damn, you're awesome. I love some of the lines you put there.
I hope this ends all the ''kill 100 gaiz of teh riwal coza nostra mafia then ur a maed gai kk?'' missions.
But one thing, I thought the Crips were established in the 60's and the Bloodz in the 80's (I think).
You can mention that back in the day, Bloodz were part of the Crips but they split apart later.
Another note, there were black gangs before too, in the 40's for example. Although they were absolutely nothing back then.

Well done icon14.gif

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

This is really help me in my future missions pack, or maybe my current missions pack

Thanks a lot, alucardiff. Where did you get these informations ?

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

You're right Mati, but the Crips started getting attention around the 80's when the Bloods split from them (Piru Set split from the Crips, and formed with other defect Crip sets to form the Bloods). And yeah, the main reason I didn't give credits before the '50's is mainly because black gangs were getting raped by the already developed ones AND they kept their gang secretly.
Documentaries, police records, SA-MP, videos, testimonies..

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

kill 100 gaiz of teh riwal coza nostra mafia then ur a maed gai kk?

Do I see a little reference to my mission pack here? If so, no offence, I don't care. Just noticed biggrin.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

I was going to make a post earlier, lol when no one posted biggrin.gif , but I was busy.

Overall I a impressed with this guide. A lot of the stuff you said in this is pretty accurate. Great Job man! You basically created a template for all Mafia Stories.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:59)
kill 100 gaiz of teh riwal coza nostra mafia then ur a maed gai kk?

Do I see a little reference to my mission pack here? If so, no offence, I don't care. Just noticed biggrin.gif

I didn't mean it offensive against you, but you have to admit... you can learn a lot from this topic.

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Thanks DP.
Notna, I bet your ass it ain't a reference. Added your mistake at the end of my tut, check it out.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Just noticed that biggrin.gif And mati, I didn't meant to say it as a offensive.
Yeh, I noticed that reference when I firstly readed. Thanks for this awesome tutorial.

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 20:12)
Just noticed that biggrin.gif And mati, I didn't meant to say it as a offensive.
Yeh, I noticed that reference when I firstly readed. Thanks for this awesome tutorial.

Read it again, I just added it.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Yes, I know that, but I just got that feeling. Sorry for this, and can we forget about it ? biggrin.gif
One more time, awesome tutorial.

TheClip
  • TheClip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Finally, Now people can actually get an idea of how Organised crime works. Some of the things I were seeing in mission packs were ridiculous. "Hey wants to be in teh mafia? Kill 'dis guy cause we is at teh war... Then you join k?" . Anyway really nice guide I'm sure it helped alot of people.

P.S. : Most but not all gangs initiate the members with the "jump-in" or kicking the living sh*t out of them just to basically see how hard they are and how dedicated to the gang they are. Some gangs have different reasons but mainly it's just cause of that.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Nice guide icon14.gif , makes me want to do one about zombie stories.

IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Nice one! icon14.gif icon14.gif

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

Good work, maybe you can also add the ranks of the italien mafia?(Associate, Soldato, Capo, Consigliere, Underboss and ofcourse the Don....) and at alittle discribtion wich is their function and wich is highest.
If you dont know, you will, probably, then just ask me. (I am a huge Italien mafia fan myself.)

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Here, I made something for this topic. Credit me and the Bianco Crime Familgia if you're going to add this.

The Mafia dictionary

(A)

Arm: Load-up; to come "Heavy"

(B)

Break: A member who is demoted or disciplined for there actions.

Burn: Kill.

Button: A Solider who is called upon by the Boss or other high-ranking members to perform a "Hit".

©

Contract: Old term used for performing a "Hit"

Case: To scout out a business or location before a meet or robbery

Clip: The action of killing or performing a "Hit"

(D)

Do Up: To shake someone down

(E)

Earner: One who is a good asset to the family

(F)

Friend of Ours: A member of the family.

Friend of Mine: None member of the family but close to a family member who can be trusted

(G)

Goomba: Respect or affection

Guppy: Term for a low intelligent individual.

(H)

Heat: Too much attention from authorities or rivals

Hit: An assigned murder

Heavy: Armed.

Hit the Mattress: To evacuate a situation with a lot of "Heat"

(I)

Ice: To kill (or to put someone on "Ice")

(J)

Job: To complete a "Contract" or "Hit".

Jamoke: Used as word to describe someone of low intelligence.

(K)

Knock Off: To execute or perform a "hit"

Knock Over: To rob a business or steal a truck of some sort

(L)

Leave the Light on: Setup a Perimeter, stand guard.

Lay Low: Act inconspicuously or stay out of sight

(M)

Mark: A person or place for targeting for robbery

Made: A member who has done the family proud and has brought great respect to his name and became Soldier.

Meet: A meeting.

Muscle: Intimidate,or cause fear.

Muscle In: Intrude on rivals territory.

(N)

Numb: Beat someone to death with a baseball bat.

(O)

On the Carpet: The occurrence of where a members actions are harshly criticized by superior members.

On the Spot: Set up for assassination.

(P)

Photo & Brief: To do or perform a hit or contract on a target *See "Take-Care of"*

Packing: Armed with a concealed weapon such as a handgun.

Piece of Work: An assigned murder.

Pop: Kill.

®

Rat: A traitor or someone who is known to double-cross

Rub Out: Kill.

(S)

Snitch: See "Rat".

Stand-Up Guy: An individual who shows utter most respect and honor to the family through his actions and dedication

Stool Pigeon: See "Snitch" and "Rat".

Straighten Out: Resolve or settle a conflict or dispute.

(T)

Table: A meet between the higher members/bosses or in some cases other members are involved.

Tail: To be followed by a non-friendly individual

Territory: Areas of which we base operations or control

Take-Care of: To kill someone of perform a "hit"

(V)

Vendetta: A pledge of vengeance on an enemy.

(W)

Whack: To kill someone

Wiseguy: A "Made" member of the family.

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

Sorry Mati, but I'm not gonna really add that. It's long as f*ck and it's still a newbies guide. Sorry sad.gif .

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

OK. I maybe make a topic myself about some dialogue tips (don't steal this idea tounge.gif )

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Mati @ Sunday, Oct 9 2011, 12:53)
OK. I maybe make a topic myself about some dialogue tips (don't steal this idea tounge.gif )

You should really do this mati, it is really really helpful, I have used some of them already in this mission, it looked awesome icon14.gif

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Bump. Newbies need to see this sh*t.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:20 AM Edited by shiva s, 05 February 2012 - 01:27 AM.

I wanna bump this great guide because it is hidden in the middle of the Support forums page. Most of the newcomers doesn't know that there's a topic like this. So, I've bumped this topic. Hope everyone reads it.
@Alucardif Man, this is a great guide. I like your way of talking, writing and everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users