.txd file question

2 replies to this topic
glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Why is it that anything you put in certain sections (car mat, seat covers) of
the .txd file texture .bmp of the Chevy mod at the next link looks like the game
just takes a bit of each and stretches it out to look blurry in the game? Is
there a way to fix that so each section is represented correctly?
Chevy mod

RanxeroX
  • RanxeroX

Wielding Many Hats

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

It's probably happening due to the way the textures are being mapped onto the model. From what you're saying, it sounds like the textures are UV-mapped using tiling to fill the area.

To fix it, it would require loading the model into a 3d editor and changing the mapping to another type and possibly having to create a new texture bitmap that has the full detail that you're after.

This sort of thing opens up another can (or more!) of worms though... Cuz you'd have to import the original, make changes, export the model and then, if you want to release it as part of your mod, get permission from the original creator.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks! PS: I'm inexperienced with Zmodeler--let me know if you can think of anyone who might like to do help me with some work on the .dff file for Klarnetist's VC '57 Chevy (which he gave me permission to distribute--it's at the next link). It's a good mod but so bright the side facing the light source in the Hyman Condo alley is white, and Klarnetist is through with modding.
http://www.moddb.com...y-starter-saves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users