Quantcast

» «
Photo

"Social Club unavailable" Play button grayed out.

8 replies to this topic
Reeeno
  • Reeeno

Taking down turbo scrubs.

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

user posted image

Hello, my name is Reno Perez. I'm probably one of the biggest fans of the Grand Theft Auto series in the world, which may explain why I put my 2 year savings into this computer I got, just so I could play this game.

Here is my story, please take your time in helping me with this:
I made my purchase about, 2 weeks ago, on Steam. I bought the complete edition, which comes with GTA IV, and EFLC. I stayed up all night as it installed on my computer. Finally, it was done installing, I double clicked, and I installed everything it asked me to install that I didn't already have, which included Windows Vista Service pack 1, already had the lastest .NET framework installed. Windows firewall off, GTA IV port opened, I finally got in. I then had to configure my Games for Windows LIVE account to play online at the start up screen. I finally got ingame, played online, had the time I had been waiting for, for so long..

2 days later, I thought to myself, "Well, if I can put bad ass weapon texture mods in my San Andreas game, I should be able to do the exact same on GTA IV." So, I installed one of GRIM's GTA IV weapon mods, the AK-47 mod to be exact, never tried this before, first time ever. I imported, and installed the new file using SparkIV. I opened my GTA IV, and, for the first time ever. BOOM. *See picture at top of topic* I uninstalled my GTA IV, using the "delete local content" option on Steam. I installed it back as I went to work, came home, it was installed back once again. Thinking I would jump right back into my game, I was wrong. BOOM. *See picture at top of topic* I uninstalled once again.

After numerous attempts at reinstalling, I looked back to my San Andreas days, once my game messed up, I deleted everything that had to do with San Andreas right off my computer. That worked. With GTA IV uninstalled, I deleted everything on my hardrive that had anything to do with GTA IV. With that done, I installed the game once again. And, you guessed it, BOOM. *See picture again*

I have contacted Rockstar support lines repeatedly. The people are doing whatever they can to avoid my problem, telling me to give them my Email so they can Email me what to do, and not even sending me anything, to straight up lying to me, telling me that Social Club is down for maintenance. It never was down for maintenance.

So here I am today, right now, about a week and a half of trying to fix this..Nothing has worked. Nothing has shown any sign of working. I sign into Social Club just fine. I log into Games for Windows LIVE just fine, my account are linked as well.

I would also like to add that others DO have this problem, just google it. "Social Club unavailable" and look at the results, some of them are on this website, some have been solved by stupid things like, verifying your email for Social Club. Some, people just act like they don't care, and that's sad. Its like there's no fix for this..

What I might think is wrong?

1. That AK-47 mod that I installed is still in my files when I install my game over and over, and it won't be replaced by the original file. This has happened before with my San Andreas, in which I deleted everything that had to do with San Andreas at all. Then it worked. I did this same thing with GTA IV. But still didn't work. So this theory might just be my paranoia.

Other than that, there's always the occasional Social Club acting up..

As you can see from this post, all I want to do is play this game I adore oh so much, and that I spent so much money and time in..

That is all I can say at the moment.

It sucks, man..
It sucks.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:41 AM

Sometimes RGSC is down for a few days and then it works normally. Can you tried starting the game in offline mode?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Did you also delete all files from the Settings folder?
Location - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Also make sure you have the latest GFWL update installed. If nothing works, then the problem could be what mkey82 has mentioned.

Reeeno
  • Reeeno

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Sunday, Oct 2 2011, 08:41)
Sometimes RGSC is down for a few days and then it works normally. Can you tried starting the game in offline mode?

Yes, offline mode works perfect in its entirety.

Reeeno
  • Reeeno

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Sunday, Oct 2 2011, 12:09)
Did you also delete all files from the Settings folder?
Location - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Also make sure you have the latest GFWL update installed. If nothing works, then the problem could be what mkey82 has mentioned.

My files don't look like that, as I am using Steam. But yeah, I'm pretty damn sure, I deleted every single thing that had to do with the game.

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I've also experienced the same phenomenon. I found however that if you put in the original play disc (assuming you have it on disc and have not done the "dumb" thing and downloaded it - my personal opinion of downloads is that they are a great idea, but if your PC gets uppity you have to download them all over again when a disc is a much faster means to install them) in and run it from the menu that pops up - everything works fine.

Reeeno
  • Reeeno

• Members

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Karjerker @ Sunday, Oct 2 2011, 21:17)
I've also experienced the same phenomenon. I found however that if you put in the original play disc (assuming you have it on disc and have not done the "dumb" thing and downloaded it - my personal opinion of downloads is that they are a great idea, but if your PC gets uppity you have to download them all over again when a disc is a much faster means to install them) in and run it from the menu that pops up - everything works fine.

Well, that's unfortunate for me. I gotz da st33m

Diesol
  • Diesol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

I found a fix for this go to Start/Control Panel/Network And Internet/Internet options. Click the connections tab then click LAN settings. Make sure Automatically detect settings is checked if it already is keep it checked. Press OK then OK again now launch the game and it should work.

FiRaZzZ
  • FiRaZzZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Just allow these ports in your Firewall:

- TCP 80
- UDP 88
- UDP 3074
- TCP 3074
- UDP 53
- TCP 53