UCV Black Maverick
Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:44 PM Edited by Krawk, 07 March 2013 - 02:56 AM.
6.10: Black Maverick
Location: The Desert Difficulty: ***
Mission: Interdiction Resource F: ***
ZMoonchild found an easier way to get this, verified and tweaked by Krawk.
This is the infamous all Black Helicopter flown by rival agents that you are
supposed to destroy.
Get a minigun, make sure there is room for a large vehicle + a Towtruck in the Hashbury Garage.
In my trial all I have in it is the UCV Black-Bottom Stretch to the far right side.
Leave a Tow Truck in the Fort Carson garage. Grab one in the Junkyard at Whetstone
or wait on foot in Spinybed (LV) or Easter Basin Docks for one to drive by (may take 5 minutes or more)
Start the mission as normal, next head to Fort Carson and
fetch your Tow Truck. Head North up the road to the first destination.
Do NOT enter the next marker while in the Tow Truck or it will likely disappear
during the Cutscene. Head up the hill as instructed but using your Towtruck as a "suitable vehicle".
Leave the Towtruck at the bottom of
the hill that has wooden planks. Run up the hill and trigger the next cutscene. Haul
ass to the bottom of the hill in the large clearing but not too close to the Towtruck.
Next, you have to gauge where the Maverick is going to
crash land before shooting at it as it approaches you. Using the minigun, take short burst shots until
you hear the engine going very slow. If the Maverick has not crash landed switch
to an SMG or M4 and fire just a couple more shots at it until it does. The Maverick
may sit on the ground spinning a few times but will likely settle down by the time
you get it. At this point, do NOT attempt to get in your Tow Truck to claim your
prize quite yet, there are other Mavericks in the sky and federal agents shooting
at you from both the sky and the grounded chopper. Instead, you may want to take
a few shots at the Leviathan to weaken it, allowing the feds to finish the job for
you and avoiding a 2-star wanted level. If the ground feds are giving you trouble you
can shoot them without destroying the chopper. Once the mission has failed, all
air-worthy Mavericks fly away. Ignore any remaining agents and the pilot inside the
Maverick that you are trying to acquire. Next, hitch your tow truck to the chopper
and CAREFULLY haul it to your garage. Only a few hits in traffic might end up in
disaster. If you bump another car, the pilot might get out and beat or kill the driver
of the car you have bumped but the Maverick still cannot be entered.
If you're using the Hashbury garage, pull up to the right side of the door, drive towards
the back and left once in it. Jackknife the Towtruck by doing a "360" type move so that
the nose of the Maverick butts against the back wall. The Maverick might unhitch when it
hits, this is normal. Just to make sure if does not try to hover out of the garage, get out of the
Towtruck and haul ass out of the garage, letting the door close and your prize left inside. Oh,
the leftover agents, ignore them or if you like, open the door and waste them, your choice.
Once you purchase Verdant Meadows, come on back to Hashbury, jackknife the towtruck with
the hook down, hook up and tow the Maverick out so you can fly it to the hangar.
Remember, The Doherty garage is safe to store vehicles as long as you do not drive down the road
directly behind it. That causes the door to open, often times by the time to door re-closes
you are out of the zone and the game sometimes "forgets" the contents of this (or any)
garage to which this happens to.
Note: If the Black Mavericks all seem to keep spinning on the ground, it is still possible to carefully
hook the towtruck to one. Find the slowest turning one, carefully time it so that when you back up
the hook touches the nose at just the right time.
For your reference, here's how I have parked my other vehicles leading up to this mission;
Santa Maria Beach -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Tampa
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sanchez
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Admiral
- Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof LS Cop Car
El Corona -
- Bulletproof/Fireproof Greenwood
- Bulletproof/Fireproof Voodoo
- Bulletproof/Fireproof Tahoma
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sentinel
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Bravura
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sabre
- Bulletproof Forklift
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof PCJ-600
- Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof BF-400
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sultan
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sadler
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Meleeproof Patriot
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Meleeproof Fortune
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Meleeproof Elegy
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof HPV1000
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Boxville
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Savanna
- Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Rancher
- Bulletproof Tanker
- UCV Explosionproof Camper (The Mothership)
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof FCR-900
- UCV Stretch w/black bottom
- *Trophy* Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof RC Raider
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Merit
- Fireproof/Crashproof Rumpo
- UCV Green Pizzaboy
Verdant Meadows Garage-
Verdant Meadows Hangar-
LS Impound Lot:
- Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Packer
Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:30 PM
Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:31 PM
|QUOTE (BlackGuard @ Thursday, Sep 29 2011, 11:30)|
| I have collected most of the special vehicles up to the Las Venturas missions and this one was definitely the hardest to get.|
The absolute hardest thing was getting the right rate of fire to ground the rival choppers without destroying them. On One attempt I had 4 of them on the ground but every damn one of them were spinning. Fortunately one of them got stuck in a rut and stopped spinning.
Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:46 PM
Getting a Helicopter
How to get a police helicopter early, Before the first mission.
“Jacking” a moving chopper
Can you obtain a police helicopter…
How do I get a PD helicopter?
Jacking helicopters, Jacking them in mid-air
police helicopters, can you…
Grabbed a flying police heli
Police Helicopter, Where can I find one?
Police helicopter, Where is one?
Where is the police helicopter
found the police heli, ……
Video on Getting PD chopper
Video on Getting a BP Maverick
Black Maverick from Interdiction. closed.
The black Mavericks in Interdiction, are they obtainable?
How to Shoot down chopper with one bullet Video
Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:04 PM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:52 AM
Oh, and yes, verified several times during testing that entering the cutscene red markers while in the Towtruck is a danger in losing the Towtruck, just don't do it!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users