Photo

Oldie and Moldy

10 replies to this topic
Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:07 PM Edited by Slamman, 26 September 2011 - 05:35 PM.

Trip, this one is dedicated to you and Live Joker, Gotta dig down REALLLLLLL DEEEEEEPPPPPP and play the original tracks that you only know as covers, and heck, might even get a bit more recent so you can hear where it all came from!!

Starting off with Big Ten Inch, a song Aerosmith really got known for, and they've paid homage to Roots Rock and folk before, so, this won't be all Rock either, depends on your muse for music

I've loved this all my life....

The Entertainer. DAMN, I am really going back to my Childhood with these tracks

Both Scott Joplin songs. Here's another amazing player doing the track, Tommy Emmanuel

The Great CROSSROADS original of course;

Very cool doc, whatcha think of this, eh?

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:15 AM Edited by Original Light, 27 September 2011 - 01:16 AM.

Classic.

Can't post it for some reason... confused.gif

BTW I know this is 50s, but close enough...

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

Sorry if I am a bit confused. Original covers that are good and old?

Leadbelly. I was surprised to find this on youtube, and why do versions that I own not sound as good(quality wise)?

Slamman, I saw you mentiond ,Alice Cooper's - Only Women Bleed the other day. I've posted this here a bunch, but here it is again. Since I'm a big Etta James fan I didn't know it was an Alice Cooper song until late in the game.

Now, in this game here, I get to 'almost' cheat. I'm steeped in American folk and bluegrass music.

For this one I also need to include the cover of it that I freakin' love.
original

the best cover EVER!

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

Songs by their original artists, like Muddy Waters. Howlin Wolf, etc. More dated then current as there's some real old stuff that influenced what we hear today

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Scott Joplin was just amazing, Maple Leaf Rag and the Entertainer, I can play both on the piano, well section A and B for the Maple Leaf Rag and the entire Entertainer piece. Would have been nice if they incorporated both of them into Red Dead! Great saloon music. biggrin.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Monday, Sep 26 2011, 18:54)
and why do versions that I own not sound as good(quality wise)?

Some of the Computer versions have been remastered, that why. monocle.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:31 AM Edited by Slamman, 28 September 2011 - 07:36 AM.

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 21:23)
Scott Joplin was just amazing, Maple Leaf Rag and the Entertainer, I can play both on the piano, well section A and B for the Maple Leaf Rag and the entire Entertainer piece. Would have been nice if they incorporated both of them into Red Dead! Great saloon music. biggrin.gif

Amen to that, relatives of our family had a "player piano" that uses a paper role with cut outs above the keyboard that scrolls past at speed to make the piano play a song unattended, it was about the coolest thing I've ever seen, way, way back then!

Didn't even know to look up vid on YT, but this is what I mean
and refer to;

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Ima bump this before it gets lost... I found The Fox, which for some reason, I'd been thinking it was "The Wolf", well, this song I remember from the 70s, or even the 60s I guess!!! Really brings back memories. Check out Pete Seeger's version. He inspired David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.

Boss Greaser
  • Boss Greaser

Together We Rise!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

Great oldie. cool.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

The idea was I'd put the link in your thread since I posted in it last, but just so you know, bumping REAL old topics is frowned on, but we prefer not having replicate threads too, so, it's something the new guys might be unsure about

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'll contribute some personal favourites of mine:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users