Maybe buying this Suburban...

151 replies to this topic
Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Holy sh*t man, this looks like a full time job! It's looking great though, how much more before you consider it done?

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I regret to inform you that you will never see it done, nor will I.

A project is never really finished. There's always something else you want to do.

That said, off the top of my head, it would need:
-diesel swap
-all carpet and headliner replaced
-seats recovered, center console leather wrapped
-02 Escalade dash
-03-06 steering column (already have leather wrapped shifter and leather/wood steering wheel for an 03 column)
-03+ dual zone digital climate control
-both axles replaced, 4.56 gears, air lockers, ARB front cover, Mag Hytec rear cover, etc.
-Warn or ARB Bumper up front, steel rear bumper with spare tire carrier and hidden winch
-24 bolt H1 beadlocks with BFG Baja militaries, or 17" beadlocks with 38" Trail Grapplers

And that's in addition to the stuff I've already mentioned. Even with an endless supply of money and nothing to do but work on it, I'd still develop more ideas before I got everything else done. So obviously working part time at not too much more than minimum wage I'll never be caught up.

I enjoy it though. I've always got a goal to work towards. Always have something else to look up, something else I want to learn to do myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users