» «
Photo

Community

146 replies to this topic
Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:23 AM Edited by Marlowe., 19 May 2012 - 07:07 AM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 09:17)
Also, a movie?

Probably not now that Dan Harmon is no longer the showrunnner and he may not be back at all next season.

Frowny Face.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:18 PM Edited by SIKKS66, 19 May 2012 - 10:55 PM.

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Friday, May 18 2012, 16:34)
Where do you/other UK folk watch Community, is it on any tv channel or Netflix? I can't seem to find it.

viddy_pirate.gif Yaaarrrrgh! Can't be telling you that laddy.

Planning on getting the boxsets though once I can track them down. Apparently the bonus commentary is hilarious.

Sucks about Harmon. I hope they keep him involved in some way. Bringing in someone with a new vision could go either way really. Disastrous or maybe put a new spin on things.

Edit: Dan Harmon's take on things. Well sh*t. What a lousy way to treat a genius. mad.gif

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

SEASON 4 STARTS TOMORROW!

I'm really excited/nervous about this (final) season of the show. With no Dan Harmon at the helm let's hope the editors, writers, and directors put in the same care and attention to detail that Harmon brought into it. Also without Pierce and with Chang having amnesia and becoming a member of the group, who will be the new villain? Personally, I think this show is at its absolute best when the writers just let the characters personalities bounce off one another. For example, the bottle episode with Annie's pen, and Troy's 21st birthday party were two of my favorite episodes. Hopefully we see more episodes like those. Not that I don't enjoy the crazy ones - obviously those are the most memorable and epic - but this show can be so touching and moving in really simple ways. And that's what I love about it

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by guib, 06 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 15:48)
with Chang having amnesia

I already see him revealing that he faked it, only to become a member of the study group. tounge.gif

I really think that the show isn't gonna Chang just because Dan Harmon left. Too bad that this season only contains 13 episodes though...

About Chevy leaving the show, it is a shame really, but his character wasn't my favorite of the group anyway, besides, Chevy is streets behind... tounge.gif

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

I see what you did there

Plus Chevy is a notorious asshole and is VERY difficult to work with. I just finished watching a lot of the commentaries from all three seasons and it is clear that nobody liked working with him.

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 18:00)
Plus Chevy is a notorious asshole and is VERY difficult to work with. I just finished watching a lot of the commentaries from all three seasons and it is clear that nobody liked working with him.

Yeah, he and his character are basically the same guy... tounge.gif

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

This is a great sitcom man, good humor and by god does Alison Brie look cute or what?

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Oh, fersher

Dan Harmon said that he didn't want to sexualize her character initially but Allison is oozing with so much hotness that it eventually turned into the character she is now. Thank goodness

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by I So Brink, 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM.

I can't be the only one who thinks the show just needs to f*cking die as soon as possible to retain any dignity it had, can I?

I absolutely loved the first two seasons. I watched the entire run of them in about 2 weeks. Then season 3 came, with a budget that was so obviously larger it directly influenced the feel of the show. It jumped the shark is what I'm saying. Season three came and they took the high concept stuff that had worked in S1-2 when deployed sporadically (e.g. the paintball episodes, the claymation episode, the space simulator episode etc.) and just turned it up to 11. The whole air-conditioner repair school arc was just f*cking stupid, like some sort of purple-monkey-dishwasher-lol-random type humour.

Not to mention what happened to most of the characters. Pierce was already grating on me in S2 and he just became excessive in S3. He annoyed me, and I don't mean I disliked the sort of person his character was because that's what's mean to happen, he's an asshole. I mean the character annoyed me; he was moustache twirlingly, saturday morning cartoon style evil. He had literally no reason to be such a dick like 60% of the time, at least put in some sort of motivation please! Then you get Chang who from season 1's end was on the decline. He went from a hilarious example of short man syndrome where he lauded his miniscule amount of power over everyone below him, to someone a bit pathetic, to a genuinely mentally ill person who again just exists to provide lol-random humour.

But the worst is Britta. In both season 1 and 2 she was an insufferable hipster liberal but still a relatively intelligent and informed person (for example, the whole Guatemala protest she inadvertently organises in the second episode), but by the end of S3 she's some ridiculous strawman character that you'd expect a right-wing nut to create when he was trying to make college-age left wing liberals look stupid. S1 Britta and S3 Britta are literally completely different characters. It's as if she underwent a gradual lobotomy towards the end of S2 and it was complete after the break when they came back for S3.

I agree with Pagelzilla in that the episode with Troy's 21st being one of the best, and it's not hard to figure out why I think so. There's no Chang, for one. There's very little Pierce. It's very grounded and all the humour is based around the central theme of the episode: getting older and supposedly maturing. Jeff and Britta play their roles of the grown up adults of the group (because as we've said Pierce is practically a cartoon character, and Shirley exists in only two states: to laugh at religious people or to be the sassy black woman, the politics of which I won't go into), even if it does eventually turn out they're just full of sh*t.

I'll probably pick up S4 once it's all aired, but if the first episode or two are in the same vein as S3, I won't bother watching through to the end.

Johnny Playert
  • Johnny Playert

BIGGOS_010

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 21:54)
Oh, fersher

Dan Harmon said that he didn't want to sexualize her character initially but Allison is oozing with so much hotness that it eventually turned into the character she is now.  Thank goodness

Yeah, i can imagine. That girl is just mad cute and mad hot at the same time, really.

user posted image

Loman
  • Loman

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Piiiiie

• Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I've never watched this show. I've wanted to but I never catch it when it's on. I am a fan of Donald Glover after seeing him do standup and watching the movie Mystery Team. Anyone else see it? It's funny as hell imo.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (I So Brink @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 15:30)
I'll probably pick up S4 once it's all aired, but if the first episode or two are in the same vein as S3, I won't bother watching through to the end.

I can see where you're coming from with a lot of your points. The show definitely changed from the first season with the group getting into more and more ridiculous scenarios. However, I find that endearing, not annoying. The fact that this show can do so much, make fun of itself and be meta, and still make me give a damn about the plight of these people is impressive.

Britta's journey from a well-intentioned, liberal woman to a well-intentioned, liberal woman who everyone makes fun of is freaking hilarious to me. It's like when you get to know someone really well who you used to think knew more about something than you only to find out that they don't know nearly as much as you thought they did. Britta has always been vain, selfish, narcissistic, and loyal. Everyone is now just calling her out on it.

Pierce can be really frustrating, I agree. But I think it's clear his only motivation for being evil is to be accepted. He just executes his ideas in horrible ways that makes everyone hate him more.

Chang has gone from an authority figure to a pathetic student to a pathetic authority figure. It's just the arc his character needs. I hope in this season he is more accepted by the group and can be more grounded-crazy like in the first two seasons.

But I will be the first to agree with you that the air conditioning repair school wasn't funny. Please, community writers, drop that like it's hot.

Speaking of writers, they did a wonderful AMA on reddit last night. They make it sound like there's actually a decent chance of a fifth season. Also how that uncertainty changed the way they wrote the finale.

http://www.reddit.co..._community_ama/

Everyone enjoy the season premiere tonight!

komalr
  • komalr

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by komalr, 07 February 2013 - 05:41 PM.

@ Loman : Just saw it. It's damn funny as hell

Has anyone watched this youtube channel. It's the guys from the movie, funny as hell.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Was anyone else woefully underwhelmed with S4E1? I just wasn't feeling it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 15:41)
Was anyone else woefully underwhelmed with S4E1? I just wasn't feeling it.

That's what happens when you get rid of the guy who made the show what it is.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

It did remind me of how much of a crush I had on Alison Brie.

komalr
  • komalr

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Ya, it wasn't that great. They tried to put so much, in so little. Though i'm probably gonna watch 3-4 episodes before I'll stop watching it.

Anybody here like professor Ian Duncan? Or is it just me. They should put more of him in the show and Pierce, Chevy Chase just has great comedy timing.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

The guy who plays Ian Duncan was busy with the Daily Show's election coverage while they were filming the 4th season.

I agree, this was not a strong episode of community. The shortest way I can describe 401 is this: Shallow. Every part of it felt a little forced and just a little different in all the wrong ways. I like that they were making a statement about how awful the show could be if they pandered to what NBC wants, but they didn't find their footing in the core of the episode. Annie seemed different, too. Her personality just seemed...off. As did Troy. The lucky charms joke kinda made me cringe. The less obvious change was the way the episode was edited. There were a lot more close-ups on character's faces which didn't jive with previous seasons. I know that is specific and picky but these are the things the long-time fans notice.

Also I think a reason I'm so critical of this is because I had to go back to my parent's house to watch this (I don't have cable) and my stepdad watched it with me, not having ever seen the show before. I had to try and explain what the show was trying to say and justify how crazy the episode was to him. But I couldn't even convince myself that this was a good season opener. I ended up telling him, "This wasn't a strong episode, usually it's really good!" Which made it seem much more certain for me that it struck the wrong notes.

I'm REALLY hopeful for the rest of the season, and I will, of course, watch them all with the same (perhaps misplaced) level of anticipation I felt for this one. I'm rooting for this show with all my heart.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Pagelzilla @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 16:12)
The guy who plays Ian Duncan was busy with the Daily Show's election coverage while they were filming the 4th season.

I agree, this was not a strong episode of community. The shortest way I can describe 401 is this: Shallow. Every part of it felt a little forced and just a little different in all the wrong ways. I like that they were making a statement about how awful the show could be if they pandered to what NBC wants, but they didn't find their footing in the core of the episode. Annie seemed different, too. Her personality just seemed...off. As did Troy. The lucky charms joke kinda made me cringe. The less obvious change was the way the episode was edited. There were a lot more close-ups on character's faces which didn't jive with previous seasons. I know that is specific and picky but these are the things the long-time fans notice.

Also I think a reason I'm so critical of this is because I had to go back to my parent's house to watch this (I don't have cable) and my stepdad watched it with me, not having ever seen the show before. I had to try and explain what the show was trying to say and justify how crazy the episode was to him. But I couldn't even convince myself that this was a good season opener. I ended up telling him, "This wasn't a strong episode, usually it's really good!" Which made it seem much more certain for me that it struck the wrong notes.

I'm REALLY hopeful for the rest of the season, and I will, of course, watch them all with the same (perhaps misplaced) level of anticipation I felt for this one. I'm rooting for this show with all my heart.

Nicely put. I'll stick around for the rest of the season but something was definitely off for episode one.

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I totally disagree, it maybe was a little rushed...
But it had all the elements of a standard episode of Community.
And claiming that it is terrible, just because Dan Harmon is fired is just insane...
Besides, they made a huge character development in Abed, he dealt with a changing environmental without help or a "Winger" speech, instead he just made up a "Winger" speech in his head!

And I loved the intro, it was awesome. Y'all are just too negative!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, I've gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. Ripping into sh*t like the decision to take shows into a different format and rumors about Chevy Chase leaving (this was probably sh*t before he actually did leave tounge.gif) was hilarious. Sword Kitchen? Come on you guys, what more could you possible want?

They're still having a lot of fun with it and staying true to the heart of the show... so, rad. Let's hope it keeps up.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (guib @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 21:02)
And claiming that it is terrible, just because Dan Harmon is fired is just insane...

Not just because Harmon is gone. I am more than willing to give the new guys a chance. But something was definitely off about episode one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

I disagree. It wasn't a mind blowing episode or anything, but it wasn't bad or different.

komalr
  • komalr

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Community is back! and I liked the new episode. Did anyone else see the new episode(S04E02)? How was it?

guib
  • guib

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (komalr @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 03:46)
Community is back! and I liked the new episode. Did anyone else see the new episode(S04E02)? How was it?

I saw it, it wasn't as rushed as the previous episode and I laughed WAY more this episode, the references were genius and it was an awesome story! I was already looking forward towards this one, because of the whole "haunted house" theme! icon14.gif

I laughed way too hard when Troy said he broke the remote! lol.gif

And it was pretty sweet at the end too, when Gilbert moves in with Pierce... I was going "ah" (Annie style) tounge2.gif

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

This episode completely restored my faith in the season. I love Megan Ganz episodes! The comedy was fast-paced, sharp, referential, and very community.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

After the mess that was the first episode of Season 4 this episode has restored my faith in this season. Hope to see it pick up steam over the next few episodes ala Season 3.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I loled when Abed said "I remember when this show was about a community college". It was a great episode.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 12:29)
I loled when Abed said "I remember when this show was about a community college". It was a great episode.

Me too. That and Annie's 'ring girl' entrance were the highlights for me.

Definitely an improvement over episode one. Felt like a proper Community ep, rather than an overly cute reference to all the off-screen shenanigans.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

So far for Halloween Britta has been a squirrel, a t-rex, and a ham. I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users