Dishonored - The Official Topic

86 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Okay cool.. I wasn't able to play yesterday, but I'm going to put around an hour or so into it tonight!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

This or Borderlands 2?

One of you guy's must have played both for comparison.

I would like BL2 but there were htings in the first that I didn't like and don't think they have really fixed them.
(eg. higher level players running off and completeing the boss before you even know whats happening.)

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

I would say Borderlands 2. With all 4 characters, the game will be VERY long. Borderlands 2 also has all the pop-culture references. Borderlands 2 definitely beats Borderlands 1.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

It crashes after the Dunwall Tower mission (pretty much one of the end missions I think). I can finish that level and when the Hound Pitts loads it crashes. It really sucks, I want to finish this awesome game and replay it without upgrades, without killing and being super stealthy.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (faizanali @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 14:17)
This game is absolutely amazing but the thing is......graphics are sh*t no DX11, DX10.1 or DX10 its only DX9 but the Open-World is really doing well.

I play this on PC and graphics is great. Perhaps you just don't like the style of it.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Got the game a few days ago, the graphics really disappointed me, all faces looked the same and the graphics were funny, but its based on Thief series and the stealth/combat is very entertaining so i'll give it one more try.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Swe78 @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 16:03)
QUOTE (faizanali @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 14:17)
This game is absolutely amazing but the thing is......graphics are sh*t no DX11, DX10.1 or DX10 its only DX9 but the Open-World is really doing well.

I play this on PC and graphics is great. Perhaps you just don't like the style of it.

yeah that's it, i think people look past the art style and say it looks crap, i really appreciate the art direction in dishonored, i think they were going for an oil painting style which looks awesome in my opinion.

disco
  • disco

science!

• The Precinct

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just completed my first play through on 360.
What a beautiful game! I totally dig the art style and the gameplay is fantastic.
Looking forward to another play through without killing anybody, reckon it's going to pretty damn difficult.

Just caught the creative kills video on YouTube, the 'Friendly fire' tactic is awesome!

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I've played about 6 hours, just saved the girl But I can't seem to be bothered to play more. Hopefully I'll get the urge to play it again.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

can't believe this thread only have 4 pages. this was easily my goty for 2012. anyways screenshot for the upcoming dlc... guess who we'll be playing as wink.gif

user posted image

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

How is this game?

I love the Thief games, is it really as similar as people say?

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 20:13)
How is this game?

I love the Thief games, is it really as similar as people say?

Well its based on a lot of things that Thief have, thief quickly came to my mind when i first started it. the only difference i found is that this one has more powers, upgrades. i think you should definitely get it, the stealth alone is amazing.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I've had this game since the holidays and can't get beyond the first 30 minutes. The graphics are really bad in parts and I can't keep track of what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (King Kapone @ Wednesday, Mar 13 2013, 22:39)
I've had this game since the holidays and can't get beyond the first 30 minutes. The graphics are really bad in parts and I can't keep track of what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

the graphics are top notch on PC. what are you playing it on

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

jetjatin
  • jetjatin

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

New DLC released. http://www.ign.com/a...ches-dlc-review

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

So, I finally got around to installing this. I love the world, the atmosphere, the mechanics.

What I don't love, in a game that seemingly rewards non-lethal action, is that there's no non-lethal melee. It's not only frustrating when you're cornered, but completely immersion breaking in an otherwise gripping game world.

Grr.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I definitely see your point there, Otter.

I think the lack of a non-lethal melee is to encourage the stealth approach.I did the game without killing any targets and found it to be a refreshing challenge, but shared your frustration. 

Spoiler

I adored this game. My only real complaint was the use of American voice actors in what is basically a steampunk version of Victorian London. The American voice actors did a great job though and after a while I was too immersed in the game to care that the members of the aristocracy sounded like yuppies rather than Victorian socialites.

Do you get a HL2 vibe whilst playing this too, Otter? 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

Certainly do, it's that oldschool adventure FPS vibe.

I'm still on the first 'quest' I guess you'd call it, but love a lot about it. I took a break from drinking to catch up on my gaming. ;)

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Speaking of which, I finally have some free time available to catch up on MY gaming for the first time in months (I blame life), so I decided it's about damn time to get another game or two. I ordered Dishonored (should arrive tomorrow I think), and I better not be disappointed! I've read and seen a lot of good stuff about this game though, so I guess it's good :p

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

Eh. I could literally never get past the first three levels as I was just so uninterested and bored with it. I got the GOTY edition and it was a waste of money. Plus the graphics are just weird. It almost looks like a comic book/graphic novel inspired. I didn't care for the character you play as, the setting got boring, the other characters were boring, soundtrack didn't do much for me, the combat/gameplay was alright I guess. A lot of people compare this game to BioShock.... I'm not sure why. But, nevertheless, BioShock destroys this game and it's no contest.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Eh. I could literally never get past the first three levels as I was just so uninterested and bored with it. I got the GOTY edition and it was a waste of money. Plus the graphics are just weird. It almost looks like a comic book/graphic novel inspired. I didn't care for the character you play as, the setting got boring, the other characters were boring, soundtrack didn't do much for me, the combat/gameplay was alright I guess. A lot of people compare this game to BioShock.... I'm not sure why. But, nevertheless, BioShock destroys this game and it's no contest.

The Devs on Dishonored worked on Bioshock 2.

Dishonored was a great game.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

One of my favorite games of all time. I love it so so so so much.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

I agree. I pre ordered this game on Steam and played it for about 2 days. Haven't touched it since. 

The reason being is because it was boring. I just couldn't get into it. I don't even have the DLCs.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Giving it another chance is worth it, this game gets interesting with time. i remember starting it up then closing it after 15 mins, it seemed boring, didnt understand what was going on. didnt like the graphics. but after playing a little longer i really got into it. the atmosphere alone is amazing. and the stealth is very smooth and creative.

Like i said, the way i see it, its not one of those games where it immediately impresses you, it just needs a little patience. 

ric4rd094
  • ric4rd094

I appreciate your input, but please, f**k off ;)

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

I remember I couldn't decide to play this game back then. Then after a year I finally started to play.

This game is for me one of the best games ever made to be honest.

Everything is consistent and the world is beliveable. The graphics are not photorealistic, but the style is perfect.

On my first playthrough I finished the game with 0 kills and without alarming anyone aaand without purchasing any upgrade - blink (level one) and choking only :D

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by W2B, 27 May 2014 - 09:37 PM.

So I finally completed this game and I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. I generally love stealth games (like the old Thief games and Splinter Cell for example), but Dishonored was just plain boring to me. In the last few levels I didn't even bother to search for valuables or runes etc because I just wanted to get to the end, and while I tried to complete the game without killing anyone, in the end I just gave up on that and went in guns blazing at the lighthouse.

Overall, it was mediocre game in my opinion and pretty disappointing, especially after reading all the positive reviews the game received.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users