» «
Photo

Multiquote script for GTAForums

50 replies to this topic
maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:44 PM Edited by maxorator, 15 September 2011 - 11:01 AM.

I made a little multiquote script for GTAForums. If you install it, you will see a black box next to every "Quote" button. If you click it, it turns red, meaning this post has been added to multiquote list (turns yellow first, red once it has loaded the data). Clicking it again removes it from the list. A "Multiquote" button appears along the other buttons in both normal and fast reply. If that button is clicked, the quotes will be inserted to the textarea and the quote list will be emptied.

Currently it forgets the previous quote list if you quote something from a different thread. Only quoted posts from the same thread can be generated into the reply box.

http://userscripts.o...pts/show/112956

It requires Greasemonkey in Firefox, but works by default in Chrome.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

Well, it does what it says on the tin. Read over the source code and looks harmless.*

Nice work.

*someone doublecheck that.

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

This is very useful, Im using it. Thanks smile.gif

Kweckzilber
  • Kweckzilber

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (anuj @ Tuesday, Sep 13 2011, 23:51)

Done.

Very convenient. Well done.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

Im actually confused, it has a green download button (400kb), i click it and it comes up with sweetim?
I am using Google Chrome.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Sep 13 2011, 23:44)
I made a little multiquote script for GTAForums. If you install it, you will see a black box next to every "Quote" button. If you click it, it turns red, meaning this post has been added to multiquote list (turns yellow first, red once it has loaded the data). Clicking it again removes it from the list. A "Multiquote" button appears along the other buttons in both normal and fast reply. If that button is clicked, the quotes will be inserted to the textarea and the quote list will be emptied.

Currently it forgets the previous quote list if you quote something from a different thread. Only quoted posts from the same thread can be generated into the reply box.

QUOTE (anuj @ Sep 13 2011, 23:51)
Well, it does what it says on the tin. Read over the source code and looks harmless.*

Nice work.

QUOTE (Jur1zz @ Sep 14 2011, 05:06)
This is very useful, Im using it. Thanks  smile.gif

QUOTE (Kweckzilber @ Sep 14 2011, 05:09)
QUOTE (anuj @ Tuesday, Sep 13 2011, 23:51)

Done.

Very convenient. Well done.

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sep 14 2011, 05:17)
Im actually confused, it has a green download button (400kb), i click it and it comes up with sweetim?

Testing. That is awesome. Easy to use.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

Nice work.

Nice. Real convenient.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Thank f*ck for that, been waiting for this tool to get added to the forums. smile.gif

Maybe this should be moved somewhere else, such as the WD&P section, along with the other forum tools?

E: Any chance of getting it to work with the fast reply?

Didn't read the post properly. blush.gif

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

With V2 scheduled to be released sometime in the next century, this is certainly a nice tool. Well done.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Pretty cool little thing. Thanks for the effort. smile.gif

Nice job!

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Sep 14 2011, 11:58)
Thank f*ck for that, been waiting for this tool to get added to the forums. smile.gif

Maybe this should be moved somewhere else, such as the WD&P section, along with the other forum tools?

I don't understand why they put forum tools to WD&P in the first place. Those forums are for web development, not for releasing tools, the same way as Mod Showroom is separate from other modding forums. I'm pretty sure many people haven't noticed those tools just because they are not into web development nor programming, although the tools in that forum would definitely be useful for them too.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Wednesday, Sep 14 2011, 22:57)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Sep 14 2011, 11:58)

I don't understand why they put forum tools to WD&P in the first place. Those forums are for web development, not for releasing tools, the same way as Mod Showroom is separate from other modding forums. I'm pretty sure many people haven't noticed those tools just because they are not into web development nor programming, although the tools in that forum would definitely be useful for them too.

Ah, I only suggested it due to the other forum tools/add-ons been placed in there aswell. Maybe there should be a pinned topic in one of the Network forums that links to all the forum tools. Just with this topic been placed in Gen Chat, you're looking at it falling down the pages after a couple of days, unless constantly bumped, and many people may miss out on it.

PS: Added to the WD&P Mega Topic. smile.gif

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

I downloaded it on Chrome and i tried it.

Nice Job though . Cheers . icon14.gif

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Awesome

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:32 AM Edited by methodunderg, 15 September 2011 - 10:42 AM.

A well needed feature.. saves a lot of time.

I used to quote a mesasge, then reply to it but hit "preview post", copy that, then quote another message... etc

This saves so much time xD

I'm going to add this into my signature, to show some support biggrin.gif

EDIT

CODE
[URL=http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=486979][b][Greasemonkey/Chrome][/b] Multi-Quote Made Easy for GTAForums[/URL]

Maybe someone could create a userbar?

EDIT2

After testing it for the last 20mins or so, I have seen that it doesn't always display the "black box"; especially when I refresh the page, or edit a post. Just letting you know .. maybe others have same problem?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Thursday, Sep 15 2011, 10:32)
After testing it for the last 20mins or so, I have seen that it doesn't always display the "black box"; especially when I refresh the page, or edit a post. Just letting you know .. maybe others have same problem?

It seems that after editing the address bar does not contain "showtopic=", but "act=ST" and "t=". Made it work for that address too. smile.gif

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

Nice work.

Finally! Always wanted a multi-quote function, nice one icon14.gif

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

Any chance of making an 'Unofficial' Multi-Quote button, similar to the style of the original?

Maybe the forums might even make it official, and help promote/advertise it for you.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (anuj @ Tuesday, Sep 13 2011, 19:51)
looks harmless.*

The only HTTP communication is with index.php of this site, so it shouldn't be able to do anything other than what's advertised. Barring any clever post-triggered buffer overflow attacks, I'd call it safe.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Friday, Sep 16 2011, 09:35)
Any chance of making an 'Unofficial' Multi-Quote button, similar to the style of the original?

Both on the topic view and when adding a reply...

I have one slight issue with this tool, and it's the fact that the quotes will automatically be added to the end of the post, no matter where the cursor is. I'm only bringing it up as I'm also using the tool that allows for custom tags to be automtically added to the post, and if I try add the quotes to the beginning of the post, they still appear after the other tags. No biggie. moto_whistle.gif

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Great, quoting stuff using fast reply is way better now icon14.gif

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

Now, if I could get it to work in Tha Mansion.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

You didn't mention Internet Explorer. Do I need another browser?

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Friday, Sep 16 2011, 19:49)
You didn't mention Internet Explorer. Do I need another browser?

Yes.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Maybe the forums might even make it official, and help promote/advertise it for you.

Sure, if someone could make the images for those buttons. I'm not good with graphics stuff.

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

icon14.gif Thanks man!! A helpful tool indeed.
Someone must help this guy with the graphics he wants.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Nice job there maxorator icon14.gif This will definitely come in very useful! Works great on Chrome smile.gif

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Nice work.

Sweet, thanks man, always wondered how to do this <.<

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Friday, Sep 16 2011, 17:13)

Both on the topic view and when adding a reply...

I have one slight issue with this tool, and it's the fact that the quotes will automatically be added to the end of the post, no matter where the cursor is. I'm only bringing it up as I'm also using the tool that allows for custom tags to be automtically added to the post, and if I try add the quotes to the beginning of the post, they still appear after the other tags. No biggie. moto_whistle.gif

I have updated the script so that the quotes are added at the cursor location, overwriting any text that is selected.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (ska @ Sep 14 2011, 12:21)
With V2 scheduled to be released sometime in the next century, this is certainly a nice tool. Well done.

Testing....
Previewing post....
Result.... SWEEEET!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users