» «
Photo

CustomMadeMaps for IV/EFLC

444 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:48 PM Edited by stilldre, 17 September 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Stop spamming dude.. I'm NOT gonna convert stuff from someone elses work! smile.gif

Update: A new Paradise Island map is being made ( based on drift-mountain, race-tracks, off-roading )
user posted image

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

Texture - too cartoony, as in too much saturation

Missing vegetation - e.g palmtrees, grass

Though , it looks nice in overall. Keep it up icon14.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:54 PM Edited by stilldre, 16 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Friday, Sep 16 2011, 19:49)
Texture - too cartoony, as in too much saturation

Missing vegetation - e.g palmtrees, grass

Though , it looks nice in overall. Keep it up  icon14.gif

Hehe thx, but i'm not finneshed yet and what u see in that screen is going to be verry different in 3dsmax and surely in gta iv colgate.gif
There will be trees, bushes, some buildings and textures i'm going to edit in 3dsmax, so far it takes only 75.000 poly's.
The fences are now will be on bridges and some sharp turns tounge2.gif so people don't have to crash all the time and mapsize is
going to be a lil' smaller than the Desert Rally map.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

Well if you want my opinion, you'd need a lot more textures, not just 1 grass type, lots of trees, much more exciting roads (going uphill, downhill, into a tunnel etc.) and maybe 1 of the most important thing is, make it a lot bigger. It should be at least as big as SAkina imo, if you want a good map.
And I kinda agree with the guy, converting some1 else's map would be a very good idea, IF the map is made well. And that Fantasy Hill just can't get any better.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Friday, Sep 16 2011, 20:48)
Well if you want my opinion, you'd need a lot more textures, not just 1 grass type, lots of trees, much more exciting roads (going uphill, downhill, into a tunnel etc.) and maybe 1 of the most important thing is, make it a lot bigger. It should be at least as big as SAkina imo, if you want a good map.
And I kinda agree with the guy, converting some1 else's map would be a very good idea, IF the map is made well. And that Fantasy Hill just can't get any better.

About textures, i'm going to work further tomorow on it.. The scale it isn't that hard, Desert Rally map is big as two airports together.. The roads what u see now are more like highway.. I just have to scale the whole map a bit bigger in 3dsmax. I'm not sure about the tunnels, cause last time i couldn't export it well. But i can try cool.gif i'm not going to release it quick, just going to take more time on it than previous maps tounge.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

That is still very small for a mountain like that. LC's airport is incredibly small, it's just a scaled down version of a real airport. Here's a photo of the real JFK for example:
http://4.bp.blogspot...S425x425Q85.jpg

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:12 AM Edited by stilldre, 17 September 2011 - 08:03 PM.

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Saturday, Sep 17 2011, 09:12)
That is still very small for a mountain like that. LC's airport is incredibly small, it's just a scaled down version of a real airport. Here's a photo of the real JFK for example:
http://4.bp.blogspot...S425x425Q85.jpg

Like i said the scale isn't that important cause i can multiply it by many times i want.. When i import it too 3dsmax it's allready takes the whole Gta IV map for that tounge.gif i just scale it down a lil' bit..

Update: Sketched n Scaled the road to make the map big enough.. The right island is a lil' more detailed now, it have some buildings, drift-road, off-road and the rest isn't finneshed yet.. Trees and some textures will be made in next program colgate.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

Okay now this looks more interesting, but anyway, I think you should tell the people that you didn't make Akina or Autopolis (just a friend asked if it was you, but it was converted to IV by yups13iryu)

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:16 PM Edited by stilldre, 26 September 2011 - 04:34 PM.

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Saturday, Sep 17 2011, 17:51)
Okay now this looks more interesting, but anyway, I think you should tell the people that you didn't make Akina or Autopolis (just a friend asked if it was you, but it was converted to IV by yups13iryu)

I did not say anywhere that i made it biggrin.gif i just share it, cause people need to have this maps.. Don't u think?
The rar file from Autopolis with ur textures and SAkina haves Read Me and there stay that is not made by me smile.gif
Btw. I readed somewhere that u wrote that not many people have this track, thx by me about 700 people download cause of my sharing link so far!

Update: Finished making the map on CityScape, some trees and textures i'll make tomorow on 3dsmax.. Maybe through the day i will manage it for Gta biggrin.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Well I only asked you to credit the author, because 1 of my friends asked who made sakina and autopolis, because he thought it was you, but nvm, I don't really care about that tbh biggrin.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Damn i really need some RAM's biggrin.gif i guess i can export it today for GTA IV/EFLC but it will be only with few houses and no trees.. Cause my program crashes when i do to many stuff on Autodesk 3dsmax confused.gif so maybe a week later or two i'll make an add-on with more houses and trees..

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Wow this map is looking cool smile.gif Oh yeah and thanks for commenting on my youtube video.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Finally I see some nice user made maps in IV. Nice work dude.

phil10
  • phil10

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hi very nice maps ! but it's not again what i'm looking for i search for a large desert dunes with many cool stuff surface for dirt bike motocross style (large waves, jumps ramps..) and a part for 4x4 climbing mount etc. can you create one plz ? icon14.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (phil10 @ Sunday, Sep 18 2011, 22:59)
Hi very nice maps ! but it's not again what i'm looking for i search for a large desert dunes with many cool stuff surface for dirt bike motocross style (large waves, jumps ramps..) and a part for 4x4 climbing mount etc. can you create one plz ? icon14.gif

I am going to create it, after i'm done with Paradise Island tomorow smile.gif i'm going to connect both of them deserts together..

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

Looks pritty good. Can't wait to see it in-game.

cristof12
  • cristof12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:40 AM Edited by cristof12, 19 September 2011 - 01:45 AM.

delete

MegaGTA4Master
  • MegaGTA4Master

Modder (GTA Racer/Team Deathmatcher)

• Members

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Nice work, can't wait for the next map mod!

leod
  • leod

Episodes from The West

• Members

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hi stilldre, you give me permission to edit the road textures from Drift Island? Your textures are too cartoony

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:54 PM Edited by stilldre, 26 September 2011 - 04:37 PM.

QUOTE (leod @ Tuesday, Sep 20 2011, 20:10)
Hi stilldre, you give me permission to edit the road textures from Drift Island? Your textures are too cartoony

Sure, but its not that i'm going to update it.. Probobly i'm going to replace it with something else later colgate.gif

Edit: fixed myself 2GB DDR RAM extra for pc biggrin.gif and autodesk 3ds max 2009 for better exporting with gims, 2012 seems to be a lil' bit unstable..

gumba2
  • gumba2

God on vacation

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

Finaly custom orginal maps! Much better than converted stuff.
Awesome work, feels great, thank you very much.

Niko loves to eat custom dirt.
Your map + some selfmade traffic = fun for weeks!

The map borders are a bit steep. Flatter beach parts around it could be nice.

The bridges can be very challenging for AI.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hi still,

how can you convert files from cityscape where I can't ?

I mean ive got 6go memory, i can always convert models but never collision, it always bugs my pc what did you do to your maps ???

I have maps less bigger than yours without roads and it sucks that always bugging, i cannot work

do you otpimize something ???

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

@Gumba2
- about traffic isn't possible to do it normaly yet with tools
- the beaches are now flat at my new map and the bridges and corners have fences ( is going to come out today i think )

@Nine30
- normaly u have plug in for that if u install Cityscape with 3ds max ( just click on the top left side, than import your file )
- about collision Terreur69 helped me with that, cause i don't know exactly how to do good collisions for map

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 15:35)
- about collision Terreur69 helped me with that, cause i don't know exactly how to do good collisions for map

Import the colission from countrye from IV:SA, it's sort of what you are looking for; grass; sand; dirt; rock; road(concrete), even with procedural materials (3d grass).
See how it's done.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 13:44)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 15:35)

Import the colission from countrye from IV:SA, it's sort of what you are looking for; grass; sand; dirt; rock; road(concrete), even with procedural materials (3d grass).
See how it's done.

hi BLASTER,

It's not about material or texture, it's just that i make maps, then i create IDE WPL, then models ODR, and when i try to convert the coll files its works next to the end and it bugs. I have 6go memory. and my maps are about 250000 poly i divide them by 30000 or 20000 but even that its a bug, I dont know why for me it bugs, maybe i forgot a stpe or something...,

Another this, if i change IDE and WPL does collision follow the model ? because i meet also this problem, i change map position for on simple map but theres no collision at the same place of the model, do i have to export collision again when i change map position ??

Thx for Still, Terreur69 and those who help me also those reading and waiting for a big big big area of desert IV

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Map objects should be WBN col, in that case you need to move it together if you move wpl. WBN is not connected to WDR models in any way.

What exactly bugs ?

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 19:03)
Map objects should be WBN col, in that case you need to move it together if you move wpl. WBN is not connected to WDR models in any way.

What exactly bugs ?

I mean, there's a bug only when GIMS export collision. it concern maps with 200000 or more poly. for example, i set my material collision and then I export, i can see the exportation going on until next to the end because it takes time, but an error window open and it told me to contact GIMS author but if I give my file to somebody else it works, he can export collision... me i cant !!! even i have 6go

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Wait , you are saying that collision moves within the map object? If that's so than it must be WBD.

Maybe you've exported it thinking it's WBN while being WBD... check your file extension again.

GIMS exports col files depending on hierarchy, and also WBD must be <1 mesh

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Sep 27 2011, 20:19)
Wait , you are saying that collision moves within the map object? If that's so than it must be WBD.

Maybe you've exported it thinking it's WBN while being WBD... check your file extension again.

GIMS exports col files depending on hierarchy, and also WBD must be <1 mesh

If i can tomorrow i will show you a video of problems i have with collisions and textures (they dont appear)

NikoFromIndo
  • NikoFromIndo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

EDITED

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users