Photo

A very serious discussion about GTA3 beta pre 911

129 replies to this topic
ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Oct 29 2012, 00:48)
I agree with you completely. Let's crack open the texture and see what the model looks like.

Kinda wondering how to go about it though. I was possibly thinking investigating the game without the building first, like go into map editor and remove the building, then explore the footprint, then go into the harder details.

ALSO, another thing i wanted to point out. The subway station near the tower... its ALWAYS empty. My thought? It was the wtc transit hub. They deleted the paths for people to walk which is why its empty.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:16 AM Edited by ccrogers15, 29 October 2012 - 01:19 AM.

Guys, here is a new possible discovery. Its well known only the north tower, Wtc 1, had full access to the underground subway, wtc 2 did too, but was not a big opening.

So if you look at my new photo:

user posted image

I deleted a few surrounding buildings and our merged tower, then look what we got?
The area now looks like Austin J Tobin Plaza, the plaza the WTC sat on.

1 Wtc footprint is outlined. It has access to the "Abandoned Subway". The subway is abandoned because after they removed the towers, they also had to remove pedestrian paths that walked around the plaza, towers and subway, which explains the absence of people in that subway. Next, we see 2 wtc, in the spot it should be. Now check this out...
Its well known the plaza before 9/11 housed a statue known as the "Speare". That small statue next to the outlines i drew... is a PARODY of that statue!
Now do you see what im getting at? icon14.gif

Now make some comparisons to the photo and this layout of the pre 9/11 wtc complex:
user posted image

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

Got a new one for you for demonstration...

What if:

user posted image

As you can see, i deleted a ton of towers. After, i situated the towers in there real life positions. What if that was how it was?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

*Another double post, SORRY*

Heres another one i cooked up. This time, i deleted several buildings, then added the WTC mod from GTAgarage, THEN, placed them in place of the jeff st credit union. After, i removed the lips towers and put the empire state bldg in its place.

user posted image

Now check it out. Looks like NYC right?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Zee)
Look at that big ugly building that is exactly where the WTC should be. Looks way worse than the other skyscrapers. Definitely used to be WTC.

QUOTE (Zee)
I agree with you completely. Let's crack open the texture and see what the model looks like.

Zee, it's astonishing that you can come up with that conclusion without knowledge of game files or game development. R*'s answer of "1% different" is accurate. I would even consider 0.1% to be even more accurate. Very little was changed in the game due to the attack. There is nothing indicating a planned replica (NOT a representation) of WTC in pre-release screenshots, previews, or game files at all. Why are you making such rash assumptions in your posts?

QUOTE (ccrogers15)
I mean come on... that building is the ONLY in game building that looks unfinished. The texture is lower res then others, the buildings footprint is not correct, and the location seems odd.

Many non-critical generic structures within the game fits that description. Try looking at other buildings, like the tallest towers in Portland.

Filip454
  • Filip454

f*ck THE WORLD, I'm OUT!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:01 AM Edited by Filip454, 31 October 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Gee,mwhich one wpuld be WTC? Oh, I dont know, maybe the TALLEST BUILDING ON STAUNTON??

Part of uncovering a mystery is using logic, and most of you are simply too stupid to figure it out. You constantly need official signed proof from the Housers themselves beforemyou believe anything.

Meanwhile we already know from hot coffee that they lie out the arse about their developments of the games.

Stop bullsh*tting. I never need official signed proof... You're an idiot.

There was no WTC - it's simple. Maybe you are too stupid to think about simple things?

I mean come on... that building is the ONLY in game building that looks unfinished. The texture is lower res then others, the buildings footprint is not correct, and the location seems odd.

Oh cmon. Do you really think everybody had 4 core monster and NASA graphics back then? The thing is you don't know nothing about the art of development. You must think like the programmer or art director to understand that there was no in-game WTC. There is even no such building in the concept art.

Liberty City was just based on New York - it's not 100% copy!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Plus, merging two buildings into one would definitely require retexturing the whole area, and that would take up a lot of time.

I can say that Filip is right, but whether WTC was planned to be in the game - that is the question. Anyway, I doubt that Rockstar was looking for a 100% recreation of NYC. Even starting from the fact that it is Liberty City, one, even the most retarded one (at least I thought so), could tell that it's not going to be New York City. I mean, LC is based on it but it's not a recreation.

P.S. Thanks to spaceeinstein for making me think. I can be so stupid t times... blush.gif

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Wednesday, Oct 31 2012, 04:01)
Gee,mwhich one wpuld be WTC? Oh, I dont know, maybe the TALLEST BUILDING ON STAUNTON??

Part of uncovering a mystery is using logic, and most of you are simply too stupid to figure it out. You constantly need official signed proof from the Housers themselves beforemyou believe anything.

Meanwhile we already know from hot coffee that they lie out the arse about their developments of the games.

Stop bullsh*tting. I never need official signed proof... You're an idiot.

There was no WTC - it's simple. Maybe you are too stupid to think about simple things?

Oh cmon. Do you really think everybody had 4 core monster and NASA graphics back then? The thing is you don't know nothing about the art of development. You must think like the programmer or art director to understand that there was no in-game WTC. There is even no such building in the concept art.

Liberty City was just based on New York - it's not 100% copy!

Sounds like youre the idiot if you cant see whats infront of you. But go ahead. People like you said the world was flat too.They were idiots then as well.

Filip454
  • Filip454

f*ck THE WORLD, I'm OUT!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Sounds like youre the idiot if you cant see whats infront of you. But go ahead. People like you said the world was flat too.They were idiots then as well.

Ok, I will wait for proof.

Anyway, good comparison wink.gif

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Oct 29 2012, 02:14)
is there any program that can be used to edit the in game building models?

the same program that R* used to model buildings for all 3D gta games, including V,

3ds Max.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users