Photo

Weapon Storage

GTA4 .NET script mod
12 replies to this topic
AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:05 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 11 September 2013 - 05:00 AM.

This script is based on a feature request by lolleroz for my Weapon Weight mod. I decided to make it a separate script.

WHAT IT DOES

This script lets you store weapons and ammo in safehouse stashes. (No animations, nothing fancy.)

- Press Right Control in a safehouse to open the stash.
- Press Right Shift to move ammo into the stash.
- Press Enter to retrieve ammo from the stash.
- Hold PageDown while moving ammo to move as much as possible, all at once.
- Press the Up/Down arrows to change how much ammo to move (while holding PageDown to change faster).
- Press the Left/Right arrows to cycle through weapons.

HOW TO INSTALL

This is a script for HazardX's .NET scripthook. Just place the files in the 'scripts' folder of the .NET scripthook.

----------------

v1.1.1 - last updated May 5, 2013

ADF.LY DOWNLOAD
If you'd like to support me and my mods,
take 5 seconds and use this download link!

NORMAL DOWNLOAD
If you're in a hurry, use this one.

----------------

KNOWN BUGS
- Stashes are only saved when you save the game in a bed, not when the game autosaves. Stashes are also persistent across all saved games.
- Doesn't support EFLC weapons or safehouses (because I don't have EFLC).
- Doesn't support custom weapons.

----------------

CHANGE LOG
v1.1.1 — May 5, 2013
- Split the UI text into 4 lines.
- Renamed "LastWeaponKey" INI setting to "PrevWeaponKey".
- Renamed "MoveMoreKey" to "MoveMoreAmmoKey".
- Renamed "MoveLessKey" to "MoveLessAmmoKey".
- Minor code cleanup, very minor optimization.

v1.1 — September 10, 2011
- Guns are now stored separate from their ammo.
- Ammo is now shared between guns of the same type.
- Holding ModifierKey and pressing StoreKey/RetrieveKey will move as much ammo as possible.
- Removed debug code that was accidentally left in.
- Minor fixes and cleanup.

solecist
  • solecist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

it's really good to see people striving towards a more realistic GTAIV even this long after its release. good stuff!

i'm not a coder, so i don't know if this is possible, but is there any way to remove the bullet tracer effect from guns? it seems like it would be a simple fix, but the only reference to it AT ALL seems to be in the still-encrypted particle effect files. thanks!

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

I'm by no means an expert, but I don't know of any way to disable bullet tracers through scripting.

But I'm glad you like the mod! Even after this long, GTA4 with mods is probably the most impressive game I've ever played.

solecist
  • solecist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

ah, that's too bad. have you looked into weapon accuracy? from a realism standpoint being able to snipe heads blind firing from cover is kind of ridiculous. anyway, keep up the good work! more realism scripts! huzzah!

ps. check out my sound mod...might be right up your alley: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=472520

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

How about Niko Inaccurate? http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=436800

solecist
  • solecist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

doesn't work. i even edited the source to make the changes extreme, and they're still not noticeable. someone with coding experience could perhaps fix it, though. heh heh heh.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

Good news, everybody! I fixed the save bug. Made it so that it writes to the ini immediately after you close your stash, no more having to save the game. Just find Game.DisplayText(" ", 1); and add saveINI(); right under it.

I'm extremely surprised this didn't occur to you, OP...I'm a mostly noob programmer and it took me 2 minutes to figure out.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

I don't want the stash to save unless I save the game... I often do things that I don't want to save, for example when I'm testing my mods.

But I'm glad you figured out how to make the mod work the way you want! Maybe you should become a scripter. smile.gif

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Any news on an EFLC version? I've skimmed the rest of the code and I'm considering taking a stab at making it at least TBoGT-compatible. There's only one safehouse in it the game, btw.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

I did get the safehouses and some of the weapons from EFLC working last year, but it kind of fell by the wayside and I haven't touched it in 9 months. You can get that WIP version here and see what you can do with it, but the code is embarrassingly ugly.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Your link's dead. I'll try to see if I can do anything with that code when you post it.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Can you reupload it?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Sorry, not sure what happened with the link, and I didn't get a notification for your first reply. Try this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users