Quantcast

» «
Photo

San Andreas 100% complete save game (mac)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

I have purchased GTA San Andreas from Mac App Store, played a bit with it but I know the story because I passed the game three times already on my Xbox.

I would like to download 100% complete save game so I can play through out the San Andreas area, but I can't seem to find the save game location on my mac.

Now, a simple google search leads me to this:

"If You Have a save file, go to Applications folder, Right click( control+click) the GTA San Andreas icon and choose "Show Package Contents from the drop down box.
Then navigate to Contents / Resources / Transgaming / c_drive / Rockstar Games / GTA San Andreas / data. There is where your save games should be. This is only for mac."

But there are no save game files in that location, so when I download a 100% save game and put it in this location, nothing happens.

Are there some special save games for mac?
Does anyone have a 100% complete save game for mac to share?

..i'm going insane over here. confused.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

I don't think anyone here made a GTA San Andreas Mac Edition savegame yet, but I think the normal saves should work. This game is only a port to Cider, a Windows emulator for Mac, it's not natively Mac so the files should be the same. As a result, have you checked your user documents folder and see if there's a GTA San Andreas User Files folder there?

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:27 PM

I couldn't find any related folders with "GTASAsf8.b" files in them. Searched my entire hard drive for thesr files and no results, other than those I have download from the internet of course.

So that made me think that the files are not the same.. I mean, I made some save games while I played, so if I search for "GTASAsf8.b", I should find my saves right? But no luck.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

"sf8" in the file name merely means Save File 8. You're better off searching for all files with *.b extension.

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

Tried it all already, can't seem to find anything that relates to GTA: SA save games.
Been searching for "*.b", "GTASAsf1.b", "GTASAsf2.b"... etc.

Literally searched whole hard disk.

.. data folder also has no save games. Puzzled. confused.gif

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Okay then, then instead of *.b, try *.set for the settings file. The savegames will go in the same folder.

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

"gta_sa.set" is the only .set file in GTA:SA folder, and it's located in data folder.

I tried placing .b files in the data folder earlier and it didn't work.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

Okay then try doing the first game mission and saving in the safehouse. After that quit the game and try searching for the savefile, either by the *.b extension or by the keyword "GTASAsf", it has to be somewhere after you save. notify.gif

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

hah

dude, already tried that. no luck.

can't believe I can't find saves anywhere.

v95
  • v95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

Hi!

I just bought San Andreas on the App Store as well! smile.gif

The same saved games from Windows work on OSX too. You need to put them in the following directory:

CODE

/Users/<YOURUSERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas/p_drive/Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files

The first save-game file that I found online crashed the app when I tried to load it, but this one definitely worked and it's pretty close to 100%:

http://vladimir.skac...03_quarry07.zip

More are at:

http://vladimir.skach.cz/sanandreas/

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Eric

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:45 AM

Ok, works now!

The problem was I had "hidden system files" option turned on, so I couldn't find my user files in Library.
Turned off the option so I can see hidden files now and voila, save game files all of a sudden showed up.

Thanks dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users