Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Cool Storyline, i can't when its finish

tinu09
  • tinu09

Watchaf*ck

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:26 PM Edited by tinu09, 20 June 2012 - 12:35 PM.

I like the Storylines and here's my feedback, and aslo I recommend to dowloand this storyline:

Writing, I think I saw some grammatical mistakes ( I think ), it's over 1-2 months when I have played them but anyway that doesn't matter, the difficulty its medium, in others cases hard, and in others easy, I like how you boys placed the objects in the missions, and aslo I like when you need to jump in that Dumper and follow that man with the Helicopter ( From Zero To Zero ), and when the prisoners escape from the prison and you need to kill them ( On Brother's Blood ), and the lenght it's 20-30 minutes on a case.

Rating:
10/10

Keep up with the great work, and I can't wait for the next missions! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif !

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Ahh Sorry for the long wait, but Good new everyone biggrin.gif

Desk 3, Case 2: Suicide or Homicide?

HAS JUST BEEN COMPLETED AND RELEASED! Hope you guys enjoy it, play and give feedback please.

Desk 3 is now officially complete smile.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Played the latest case.

Now this was the case that makes the story even more interesting. I had been suspicious of Walter since I played the first few cases and now it's even more clearer that he has something to hide after he reveals that Ricky Jones is in fact the brother of Phil. Also the way he just tells James to ignore the drugs found in the SMC and leave them alone. Just wondering aloud, is the Mayor 'funding' the PD or Walter?.

Some things that can be improved on is that during chases instead of checkpoints it is better to let the player chase the suspect. In this case I just ran towards the checkpoints without even caring where the suspect it.

The time limit during the tailing part also kinda didn't fit. I was paying more attention to reaching the checkpoints before the time limit ends instead of staying cautious of not being seen by the doctor. In fact, I was always ahead of the doctor's car instead of staying behind it. The method you used before was better for a tailing mission imo.

Also good to see a female detective for James' partner in the next desk. smile.gif

Looking forward to the next case. Hopefully, it will be faster this time. tounge.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hey, DP. As you've asked me to review Cold Year, I've decided to do it today. And here's my review on the ''Case 2: Weapons in the Wrong Hands'' pack.

First off, I wasn't sure what to expect from this pack as they are all different from each other, but once more, a great great storytelling. Lots of cutscene storytelling, which I like the best, nice use of objects, but I'll get to that later and of course, a pretty awesome amount of humor which is always present in your missions. I had a good laugh playing the missions, great job. icon14.gif Also, I see you counted 5 missions of this case, but when I unpacked them from RAR, it came up 7 for me.

Unfortunately, there were problems in some missions, but I'll get to that in a sec aswell.

So, to start. Mission 1:
- Pretty cool colored text which are present in every mission to the end of course. I don't use them, but I like to see them in other people's missions.
- Nice storytelling.
- Great base on the investigating the crime scene, picking up the ID card, book etc. aswell as the real touch on the surrounding officers and objects around the victim and talking to the witness.

- Man, the store owner. He gave me a hard time lol. When my partner and me were supposed to follow the guy, he just got blocked in the alley. He started going all around the place in circles, in walls etc. and I couldn't get him out of that alley for like almost 10 minutes. Then I started to punch him to make him walk straight and somehow I've managed to get him out on the clear. But, unfortunately, when we got on the street, we walked all across the Glen Park just to see his fat owner ass get splashed by a taxi while crossing the street. I wanted to Ultra Rage. So, to be honest, I didn't want to replay the mission again, so I stopped there. I was sad and mad in the same time. I put this as bad just cause of the store owner, but the idea itself is great.

Mission 2:
- Short, but great way of making progress in storytelling.
- Lots of people in the ammu nation. I don't know if you put then there or is that random, but nice touch with people walking around the place looking for some guns to buy while we talk to the salesman.

- In this mission, again, the salesman got lost and started walking in circles. However, it was an interior, so I quickly figured that the point of following him is to get upstairs on the second floor to the red marker, so I kinda ''rushed'' before him and saved the mission biggrin.gif

Mission 3:
- Again, awesome cutscene storytelling, use of objects, colored texts, animations, investigating the scene etc.
- Now, one thing in this mission prevented me from finishing this mission. My guess is that the problem is a different version of DYOM. At one point of the mission, I had to follow the guys in the van, but there was no van, so they just stood there, I tried to punch them and I even killed them, but nothing changed so.. sh*t. However, to that point, a nice mission.

Mission 4:
- Awesome shootout at Glen Park. Also, a pretty decent dose of humor at the beginning of the mission when the officers are talking while bullets are flying all over the place. At the end, I've managed to kill every gang member in the area.

Mission 5:
- Didn't expect it, but there was another shootout at the beginning of this mission aswell. Nice work ! Nice use of vending machines as a cover, the only thing was that some of the machines were a little high above the ground like they were floating, but no matter. But, that part reminded me of gang war territory defending in the original SA.
- Store shootout - Awesome. Liked how you used the vending machines to block the store lines.

Mission 6:
- Nice storytelling up to the point , but I couldn't complete this mission. When I'm supposed to follow the wife on foot, after she crosses the street and starts walking to that stairs, she just disappears. I replayed the mission and she did it again. Since there is no marker on the map, I didn't know where to look. I checked the alleyways, but she wasn't in neither of them.

Mission 7:
- Easily my favorite mission of this case pack. Chasing Rodney all over the place, nice use of objects, interogating the wife in the house, searching the house, killing scene in the house with a dry, but hilarious humor. After Rodney's wife gets killed, there is a sentence ''Why did this had to happen?'' or something like that. Very funny. biggrin.gif

Overall, for this case pack I'd give a 8.9/10. It would probably be even higher rating if I could have completed every single mission, but that wasn't your fault anyway. I hope you'll like this review and keep up the great work, DP biggrin.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Played the last case. I had a very good experience playing this. It was really awesome.
The investigation part in the first mission was so cool. I loved the intro in which the victim was forced to jump seemes real but the one forced him to jump disappeared when that woman came to the spot seemed a little strange. But, I liked it. I know who it is. I don't remeber which mission but in the mission where we have to subdue all the enemies near a warehouse was my favourite. The shootout was just epic. I already had many doubts on Walter and my doubt level just hit its top level when he asked James to withdraw the case.
The final mission had a good tailing part. Awesome cutscenes.
I can't wait for the next becasue we're gonna be accompanied by a woman in the next case. I just can't wait for it.
Anyway, my overall rating 9/10

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I played Doublepulse's work all night and LnD's work all day until now and here is my rating of both designers' work:

Doublepulse: 8.36/10
LnD: 7.48/10

I'm not saying yet the reason behind these two ratings because, after all, you two are the Detectives. tounge.gif

Anyway, I'm waiting for LnD's last Case and Doublepulse's last two Desks. wink.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Awwww biggrin.gif Now I wonder why you gave those ratings...Care to explain? tounge.gif My detective skills are not that great to figure out the reasons myself biggrin.gif

Anyway Im glad you played it. The score is pretty good too tounge.gif .

The next case is being worked on and I hope to release it in the beginning of next week, if not sooner. Trying to get all the thoughts and ideas on the last 3 cases, so I really make the ending as good as I can. Even though some of it is already decided. So stay tuned

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Finally got the chance to play the missions, so here's my feedback:

Desk 1 - Case 1: Well it's ok for a training mission, I guess. Never thought that it was quite fun to be a mall security though. I like placing the camera but why the time reset when you placed one? ;DD

Rating: 6/10

Desk 2 - Case 1: I really like the news feature and can't believe that James can't use a gun. Love how you show me all the details in combat, quite funny though. It's hard for a training mission though. I love the crime scene and how you tell me to keep an eye on your partner, it was pretty creative, also love the chasing part. I really like the crime scene near Ganton, the objects was awesome man, but I think it's better if you use the invisible checkpoint, so the player won't know what to look for. I really love the animation, they really fit the situation. And the decision was f*cking awesome, I didn't expect that at all. The next mission was epic, I was surprised when the manager tried to shoot the girl, I was planning to let him go. @_@ And the ambush was hard because of the shotgun, but I managed to complete the mission.

Rating: 9.4/10

Desk 2 - Case 2: I really love the intro of this case, best I have seen so far, but I don't know why the killer didn't shoot the witness. BTW, its weird for me to see an old man carrying an Ak47. I would like to facepalm Byron, because the mission objective say ''Don't alert that guard'' and he run to him and punch the guard in the face (facepalm), and of cause he got shot and I have to kill the guard =.='. The rest was just awesome man, all the objects were well placed that bring a great atmosphere.

Rating: 7.5/10

I only have times to play 3 case. I'll play the rest later as well as LnD's cases. smile.gif

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 21:17)
Awwww biggrin.gif Now I wonder why you gave those ratings...Care to explain? tounge.gif My detective skills are not that great to figure out the reasons myself biggrin.gif

I'll explain that when the mission pack is completely designed and published. wink.gif

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Mother f*ck, when I see the last post was SP, I thought I broke the rules. tounge.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Cold Year: On Brother's Blood is finished.
Last case uploaded. Sorry to make you wait that long, but I had to wait until Steven reaches his end, but... he didn't, yet.
Other things came up.
Don't download it if you don't want to spoil From Zero To Hero story.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (leoncj @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 06:39)
Last case uploaded. Sorry to make you wait that long, but I had to wait until Steven reaches his end, but... he didn't, yet.
Other things came up.
Don't download it if you don't want to spoil From Zero To Hero story.

He has a lazy ass. >.<

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

I want to play the concluding case to Cold Year: On Brother's Blood but I also don't want any spoilers...so I guess I'd be waiting for DP's last two desks.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

What can i say? It was awesome! I really don't want to do a mission-by-mission review so here you go:

General Review:
You two made a great job. You gave us unique gameplay, first time i see in a DYOM mission-pack, with the sneaking, mini-choices, chases and the special use of objects in crime scenes. I liked the storyline feature in this MP, something not everybody used. The story was awesome too, with crossings between characters and all. Even the topic was unique, you made it seem like a stand-alone game with unlockables and "DLC". I can't wait for the last mission. I didn't see any issue so far so keep up the good work!

Review: 9/10

You truly deserve it wink.gif Don't be late on the last missions please.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Good news guys! I am back in action and working on CY again. It is time to finally get this done!

Desk 4, Case 1: Lost in the Hills has just been RELEASED! DYOM V7 IS REQUIRED!

Hope you guys enjoy and I appreciate any feedback! smile.gif

Small Explanation:
Alright it has been awhile since I worked on Cold Year, simply because I was not in the mood or was too busy with other things to really fell motivated on it. I got bored with DYOM for a little while, and I really wanted to find some inspiration to continue. For awhile, I thought about this and I really want to finish it, but I wanted to think about everything and try to make the last 3 cases epic biggrin.gif .

When V7 was coming along, I felt I was lagging behind and the truth is I was.. LnD made many jokes that it won't be done until 2015. biggrin.gif I thought about continuing using v6.1, but why miss out on all the new features, and since most people are gonna upgrade, so I said screw it, start designing with V7.

I hope to get everything done on CY by the end of this month.

Some of the missions in this case are done on v6.1, some on v7, you can tell the difference. Some are strangely bugged, but there should be no crashes!

2 interesting bugs.

1. Some missions, the HP bar is really huge.
2. In couple of the v6.1 cutscenes, even though they were static, they were moving cutscenes..

Please report if you guys have any problems smile.gif .

Thanks smile.gif

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Awesome! I was having the same problem, and also had no inspiration, goodluck with this i hope you and the others finish this biggrin.gif

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Yaaaay! Gonna' play this new desk colgate.gif

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

Poland Stronk

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yippie! I'm veryveryveryveryvery[...]very happy, that new Case's relased! Keep it going, DP!

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Just finished "Lost In The Hills". I must say that it was full of action and drama. The difficulty was hardcore...which makes for better gameplay and strategy. I can't wait to play the last two cases so that I can play LND's "A War Against You" case. I love the work that you guys do. Nice job.

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

Where's my surfer girl?

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Finally! I've been waiting this for a long time.

I'll play this later, and give you feedback (I don't think you need it anyway), DP.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Platinum Card @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 22:19)
Just finished "Lost In The Hills". I must say that it was full of action and drama. The difficulty was hardcore...which makes for better gameplay and strategy. I can't wait to play the last two cases so that I can play LND's "A War Against You" case. I love the work that you guys do. Nice job.

I'm glad you liked the case. The drama is just going get bigger in the last 2 cases...Without spoiling anything, I will just tell you it is not going to end well..

@Alex5526 Haha, you could be right, but I still like to hear what you think about it.

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Nice! I enjoy big plot twist and creative writing. It makes for great game play.

xGhoztx
  • xGhoztx

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Can't wait for you to finish this. \m/

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

Noob designer :D

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Awesome storyline, I have just played two cases on desk 2 for now but it's still awesome.
But, I can't seem to play case 1 on desk 2. Everytime I finish the first missison (Welcome, deputy James!), I crash at the Mission passed scene. And at the last mission of case 2 desk 2, I crash again. I can't seem to fix this, any ideas? Help please.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Revolver1 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 06:25)
Awesome storyline, I have just played two cases on desk 2 for now but it's still awesome.
But, I can't seem to play case 1 on desk 2. Everytime I finish the first missison (Welcome, deputy James!), I crash at the Mission passed scene. And at the last mission of case 2 desk 2, I crash again. I can't seem to fix this, any ideas? Help please.

Im not sure how to fix it yet, I will look into it. I recommend playing Desk 2 and Desk 3 cases on V6 since it was made on V6.

I did not expect anyone to bump this topic just yet, because I intended to bump it, once I got finished with some of the recent missions, but it is fine smile.gif .

I have to see what I can do on getting this story finished, so I can start my new MP coming up soon.

mc.jocco
  • mc.jocco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

This is, the BEST mission pack I ever played. Great f*cking job, both of you! And DP, when are you gonna finish last two cases in Desk 5?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 28 August 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Desk 4, Case 2: The Hunt Continues! is now released!

Desk 4 is now complete! You know what that means guys? 1 more final case!!

I will post it to the DYOM site once uploading works again smile.gif .

Play it, Rate it, and Feedback is always appreciated! tounge.gif

Tell me your thoughts on the outro.

Note, in The Culprit Mission, try and save some SMG ammo. You will need it. Also I obviously used sound files, so make sure to place those in, it is music, but it really makes the missions more intense.

Be Kowalski
  • Be Kowalski

Poland Stronk

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by WillBe, 28 August 2013 - 12:40 PM.

Steve, there's a bug in mission "A Lost of a Loved One". I can't hit the checkpoint when the objective Enter the living room appears. It's like invisible, but I almost see it, but it's turned upside down under the interior. Does someone has it?

Maybe I'll replace it by the pickup editing the file and see if it'll work. confused.gif

EDIT. I've done it and it worked, but I see another bugs.

1. The mission above is probably cutted. 'Cause it ends after the objective Investigate the cellphone and we don't know how James went to Conference Center.
2. The Culprit mission. When I find myself in a drive-by in the Sultan, that Sunrise with enemies hits in me turning the car and Jackson's not driving. And all the enemies are driving onto me. Luckily I know what's headshot. smile.gif If that part would be with checkpoints, that would be dead-end for me.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

The Platinum Circle, Cold Year, Samuel Garret, all my favourite MP's are coming back, this is great. smile.gif will try out when I'm free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users