Photo

Cold Year

181 replies to this topic
Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:34 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 09 March 2012 - 06:41 PM.

@Arejai Thanks for the feedback man.

But PLEASE put spoilers on that ASAP.

Also about the note from Byron... I made a Typo, the note was not from him, but it was for him. Someone else left the message.

Also the stores inside the warehouse, was an object. You can find it in Objects.

@everyone About the next case "The Chainsaw Butcher", It should be released soon, Im on the final mission. Don't expect anything nice for this one, unlike the Movie Star Case. The case is a short one, but it is meant to "distract" and detour James from what he should be looking for.

Now for a quick poll guys..I know there is a large gap between updates, and I was thinking to start releasing the case missions 1 by 1 in just regular mission files..I would still ofcourse release them as a DSL, but it would be to keep the topic up to date. But in order to keep an incentive for downloading the DSL, the side missions will only be in the DSL. What do you guys think of this? If I get enough votes to do it, I will.

Just either post "Yay" or "Nay" favoring your choice.

Thanks biggrin.gif

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

SPOILER activated!

Btw, Yay. lol.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Yay, DP. I'm waiting for the chainsaw butcher.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yay, we wouldn't have to wait long for the missions that way. smile.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Desk 3 Case 1:

The Chainsaw Butcher has been released!

As you know, James has a new skin now. Hope it is not too strange

This case is not as great as my last case, but it still is pretty good. I was running out of ideas for this case biggrin.gif . This case was mostly created to "distract" James. But in the next case, things will be back on track with the main story.

Feed back is appreciated and I hope you guys like it tounge.gif .

Here is some Questions for you guys:

1. What do you think of the new Skin for James and James' new partner?

2. Do you think this case is connected with Phil's "Police Hunter" case?

3. Do you guys trust Walter? State your reasons why.

Also, about the Poll for releasing the missions 1 by 1..

I got
3 Yays
0 Nays
Even though it is obvious, I will give you few more days before the final results.

That is it for now biggrin.gif . Stay tuned.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:17 PM Edited by shiva s, 16 March 2012 - 04:24 PM.

Played the The Chainsaw Butcher, DP. Though it was short, it had a lot of fun. You forgot to turn off the cops but it was not a big problem. I really loved this case because it reminds me one of my favourite movie "The Wrong Turn. Waiting for more from you. Now, answer to your questions.
1.Yes, I like the new look of James. I also like the style James' new partner. He's really cool all the time. But, I have some sort of doubt on him.
2. I don't think so but I'll wait.
3. Yeah, I'm starting to doubt Walter because he always tries to put James in the most threatning cases. Moreover, he's acting a bit strangely. I doubt that, he could've the one who murdered Byron. Just a little guess.
I'm eagerly waiting for your next move. Good luck, man.

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:30 AM Edited by leoncj, 10 April 2012 - 03:07 PM.

I'm doing a DLC case, it's called "Foul Play in Palomino".
It's gonna be in Desk 4.
DLC means that it's out of the story, won't have any connections with James, nor the whole story of Cold Year.
The timeline doesn't mean anything in DLC, so it's just for fun.
I want to keep Cold Year alive for a while, until Doublepulse finishes his own and then I can release my ending.
-
If you want more DLC cases, just tell me... tell me with which partner or in which desk should it be and I'll see what I can do.
-
By the way, Matthew Hegan's Path Act II is coming out on [delaying date...] (it may be delayed though, but just for 1-2 days, so.. don't judge me, but it's school....)
In the meantime, watch me, Doublepulse and COOLMAN having some adventures in Minecraft.
(sorry for advertising, but it's the whole YouTube job sh*t, so.... don't blame me)

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

(sorry for double-posting, but)

The DLC case, Foul Play in Palomino, has been RELEASED!
Have fun.

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I am proudly presenting you... Cold Year: On Brother's Blood trailer.

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXebfcEJcHg&list=UUNwodgJfr0MrZl7tQzEQ34g&feature=plcp

-
Finally, I have fixed CamHack program, I can get back on making trailers.
Foul Play in Palomino DLC case trailer is coming soon as well.

ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Blessed

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (leoncj @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 13:30)
I am proudly presenting you... Cold Year: On Brother's Blood trailer.

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXebfcEJcHg&list=UUNwodgJfr0MrZl7tQzEQ34g&feature=plcp

-
Finally, I have fixed CamHack program, I can get back on making trailers.
Foul Play in Palomino DLC case trailer is coming soon as well.

Nice one LCJ,just like always ! icon14.gif

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, ItsAllAboutGTA.

Anyway, anyone want another DLC?
Just tell me what partner/desk.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (leoncj @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 10:35)
Thanks, ItsAllAboutGTA.

Another DLC case?
Yeah, for sure, man. Any desk but I want to see Harry as the partner.

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 10:51)
QUOTE (leoncj @ Tuesday, May 1 2012, 10:35)
Thanks, ItsAllAboutGTA.

Another DLC case?
Yeah, for sure, man. Any desk but I want to see Harry as the partner.

Then Desk 5 it is then.
I'll see what I can do and come up with.

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Here's the trailer for the DLC case: Foul Play in Palomino.

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR2mEme5l-M

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

I really appreciate the work that you guys have put into the Cold Year Series. I've enjoyed every single mission and seeing the story progress. I've recently finished Foul Play In Palomino. The creativity is evident in the story telling and the way that the gameplay is altered to challenge the player. Great work guys!

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the comment Platinum Card, really appreciate that I know more than few are playing the series smile.gif . Glad you like the story so far.

Since my classes have ended, I have resumed my work on my cases. It has felt so long since I last uploaded anything, it feels foggy and little forgetful for me biggrin.gif , so wish me luck and hope I did not forget all of the story biggrin.gif . Recently just finished a mission for the most recent case and the case at the latest will be released THIS WEEKEND! (I hope tounge.gif )

Im gonna need to refresh my mind on it as well. So stay tuned for a case and other updates later this week biggrin.gif .

Alanj2007Games
  • Alanj2007Games

Youtuber, Developer (Indie Games), VFX Artist

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Awesome Storyline :DDD

When i play this storyline, i get many ideas! biggrin.gif

Great job, man!

Alanj2007Games
  • Alanj2007Games

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hey, i want to ask you something.... How do you do this? can you teach me smile.gif

Text appear while playing mission..... can you teach me how to do it smile.gif

Hope you reply smile.gif

user posted image

Alanj2007Games
  • Alanj2007Games

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Another Example :::::

user posted image

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Use the timeout objective.

Alanj2007Games
  • Alanj2007Games

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thank you.... smile.gif

Alanj2007Games
  • Alanj2007Games

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Can anybody teach me how to do actor take a picture? bored.gif

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Biggest Karma Whore Loser 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Wow, this is still isn't finished? C'mon, Steven, where's your DYOM spirit? biggrin.gif

@apit2010 Great, double-posting and going off-topic. Just go to DYOM:Support section and ask there. -__-

Alanj2007Games
  • Alanj2007Games

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Oh...Ok....Sorry if i bother you all at here... smile.gif

NO!!!!!! BYRON DIED!!!!

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Biggest Karma Whore Loser 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (apit2010 @ Wednesday, May 30 2012, 21:47)
Oh...Ok....Sorry if i bother you all at here... smile.gif

NO!!!!!! BYRON DIED!!!!

user posted image

Don't spoil the mission pack, dude, and don't use capital letters.

Renegade Rooster
  • Renegade Rooster

Formerly known as: AstroNutHead

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Cool Storyline, i can't when its finish

tinu09
  • tinu09

Watchaf*ck

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:26 PM Edited by tinu09, 20 June 2012 - 12:35 PM.

I like the Storylines and here's my feedback, and aslo I recommend to dowloand this storyline:

Writing, I think I saw some grammatical mistakes ( I think ), it's over 1-2 months when I have played them but anyway that doesn't matter, the difficulty its medium, in others cases hard, and in others easy, I like how you boys placed the objects in the missions, and aslo I like when you need to jump in that Dumper and follow that man with the Helicopter ( From Zero To Zero ), and when the prisoners escape from the prison and you need to kill them ( On Brother's Blood ), and the lenght it's 20-30 minutes on a case.

Rating:
10/10

Keep up with the great work, and I can't wait for the next missions! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif !

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Ahh Sorry for the long wait, but Good new everyone biggrin.gif

Desk 3, Case 2: Suicide or Homicide?

HAS JUST BEEN COMPLETED AND RELEASED! Hope you guys enjoy it, play and give feedback please.

Desk 3 is now officially complete smile.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Played the latest case.

Now this was the case that makes the story even more interesting. I had been suspicious of Walter since I played the first few cases and now it's even more clearer that he has something to hide after he reveals that Ricky Jones is in fact the brother of Phil. Also the way he just tells James to ignore the drugs found in the SMC and leave them alone. Just wondering aloud, is the Mayor 'funding' the PD or Walter?.

Some things that can be improved on is that during chases instead of checkpoints it is better to let the player chase the suspect. In this case I just ran towards the checkpoints without even caring where the suspect it.

The time limit during the tailing part also kinda didn't fit. I was paying more attention to reaching the checkpoints before the time limit ends instead of staying cautious of not being seen by the doctor. In fact, I was always ahead of the doctor's car instead of staying behind it. The method you used before was better for a tailing mission imo.

Also good to see a female detective for James' partner in the next desk. smile.gif

Looking forward to the next case. Hopefully, it will be faster this time. tounge.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hey, DP. As you've asked me to review Cold Year, I've decided to do it today. And here's my review on the ''Case 2: Weapons in the Wrong Hands'' pack.

First off, I wasn't sure what to expect from this pack as they are all different from each other, but once more, a great great storytelling. Lots of cutscene storytelling, which I like the best, nice use of objects, but I'll get to that later and of course, a pretty awesome amount of humor which is always present in your missions. I had a good laugh playing the missions, great job. icon14.gif Also, I see you counted 5 missions of this case, but when I unpacked them from RAR, it came up 7 for me.

Unfortunately, there were problems in some missions, but I'll get to that in a sec aswell.

So, to start. Mission 1:
- Pretty cool colored text which are present in every mission to the end of course. I don't use them, but I like to see them in other people's missions.
- Nice storytelling.
- Great base on the investigating the crime scene, picking up the ID card, book etc. aswell as the real touch on the surrounding officers and objects around the victim and talking to the witness.

- Man, the store owner. He gave me a hard time lol. When my partner and me were supposed to follow the guy, he just got blocked in the alley. He started going all around the place in circles, in walls etc. and I couldn't get him out of that alley for like almost 10 minutes. Then I started to punch him to make him walk straight and somehow I've managed to get him out on the clear. But, unfortunately, when we got on the street, we walked all across the Glen Park just to see his fat owner ass get splashed by a taxi while crossing the street. I wanted to Ultra Rage. So, to be honest, I didn't want to replay the mission again, so I stopped there. I was sad and mad in the same time. I put this as bad just cause of the store owner, but the idea itself is great.

Mission 2:
- Short, but great way of making progress in storytelling.
- Lots of people in the ammu nation. I don't know if you put then there or is that random, but nice touch with people walking around the place looking for some guns to buy while we talk to the salesman.

- In this mission, again, the salesman got lost and started walking in circles. However, it was an interior, so I quickly figured that the point of following him is to get upstairs on the second floor to the red marker, so I kinda ''rushed'' before him and saved the mission biggrin.gif

Mission 3:
- Again, awesome cutscene storytelling, use of objects, colored texts, animations, investigating the scene etc.
- Now, one thing in this mission prevented me from finishing this mission. My guess is that the problem is a different version of DYOM. At one point of the mission, I had to follow the guys in the van, but there was no van, so they just stood there, I tried to punch them and I even killed them, but nothing changed so.. sh*t. However, to that point, a nice mission.

Mission 4:
- Awesome shootout at Glen Park. Also, a pretty decent dose of humor at the beginning of the mission when the officers are talking while bullets are flying all over the place. At the end, I've managed to kill every gang member in the area.

Mission 5:
- Didn't expect it, but there was another shootout at the beginning of this mission aswell. Nice work ! Nice use of vending machines as a cover, the only thing was that some of the machines were a little high above the ground like they were floating, but no matter. But, that part reminded me of gang war territory defending in the original SA.
- Store shootout - Awesome. Liked how you used the vending machines to block the store lines.

Mission 6:
- Nice storytelling up to the point , but I couldn't complete this mission. When I'm supposed to follow the wife on foot, after she crosses the street and starts walking to that stairs, she just disappears. I replayed the mission and she did it again. Since there is no marker on the map, I didn't know where to look. I checked the alleyways, but she wasn't in neither of them.

Mission 7:
- Easily my favorite mission of this case pack. Chasing Rodney all over the place, nice use of objects, interogating the wife in the house, searching the house, killing scene in the house with a dry, but hilarious humor. After Rodney's wife gets killed, there is a sentence ''Why did this had to happen?'' or something like that. Very funny. biggrin.gif

Overall, for this case pack I'd give a 8.9/10. It would probably be even higher rating if I could have completed every single mission, but that wasn't your fault anyway. I hope you'll like this review and keep up the great work, DP biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users