Cold Year

180 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

You got a point there. When I think about it, it's really hard to make longer missions with a storyline like this. I also forgot to mention the objects. Very nice work. I don't use a lot of objects in my missions, but you gave me some ideas how they can be used properly biggrin.gif

The tailing part? Well, to be honest, I've never played these kind of missions before and I gotta tell you, this mission pack is ver very unique. If we were talking just about the unique/original ideas, I can say this mission pack takes the cake.

So, I'm sorry, but since the tailing part is something I've never seen in anybody's missions yet, I can't give any proper comment about improvement. But, I'm sure LCJ and you are gonna come up with something even better if you put your mind to it, so.. For me, the tailing part is great. biggrin.gif

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:15 PM Edited by alifjenius, 26 December 2011 - 06:11 AM.

Ah... Finally, a new one
Going to play it and give feedback soon

Feedback
It was awesome man ! The tailing part, both in a vehicle and on foot, all of them are awesome. But well, the vehicle tailing part is a bit common. Take a car, spawned the passenger with high accuracy, so that will make sure the player don't get closer to the vehicle

The on foot tailing. The awesomest one (if there is such an adjective tounge2.gif ), is totally different with the other Detective missions. Well, I know it was inspired from LA Noire ('Going Incognito' made me realize What is Incognito anyway ?) because I have seen a YT video about it. But well, it was great for a DYOM mission

The other mission seems usual like the missions you have done. But afterall, it was a good case
One question, how do you make the wife stop and then continue to walk without hiding her ? And how many route point do you used, that's a lot of them ! tounge.gif

Good luck with the other cases

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:29 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 26 December 2011 - 06:48 AM.

Thanks for the Feedback Alifjenius! Really appreciate it.

Honestly it is not that hard lmao.

1. Create enemy actor with route points in the direction desired.

All you do is just stop placing route points and she will stop. When the player reaches the invisible checkpoint, I place a timeout objective for 5-15 seconds. After that, the old actor is hidden and spawns a new one with the new route points. The hide actor feature is so quick at times it is hard to notice it on the first glance. If she stopped any other times than where the route ended, it possibly is just because cars were in the way.

The next case will introduce a new feature, but it is up to the player to actually take advantage of it. It is the camera/picture takingfeature. That would be the next awesome feature. I planned part of it, but there is no real way to force the player to use it.

Going "Incognito" basically means going into "hiding" mode. Incognito means to not be spotted or have them aware you are following them.

About the route points, I do not really think I used to many, probably in between 15-30.

Mainly because you do not need to place many route if the route is straight. Most was straight or few turns. So it is like 1 point to another.

I don't know if you noticed, but did you notice the easter egg of CJ dancing like an idiot in the club?

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

Oh... That's why I didn't notice the actor is being hidden
CJ ? I'm too busy with those guards to see it tounge.gif

Can't wait for the next case, I think it will be useful to use the camera, for a clue to solve the case

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

4. Is a brawl worth doing? CASE UPLOADED.
Now back on MHP progress...

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:23 AM

Played your case LeonCJ. Good work man.

It was little short, but it was still fun tounge.gif .

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

mey , DP, I just loved your Weapons in wrong hands first cutscene. It was really great. The suspect shooting the guy and a shop keeper sees it. Really wait. You didnt show the sispects face . Thats really cool.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Now I guess this is only mission pack I didn't comment.

Gonna play ASAP. biggrin.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I've decided to fully work on Cold Year, MHP will have to wait, it's a bit special about MHP so it makes me very tired on it.
Expect a case soon.
--
Btw, DP, tried the cases... Good as always, love the tailing part. ^___^

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

I will play this after I've done playing The Runaway icon14.gif

sayooj
  • sayooj

beware......

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

cool missions i like these biggrin.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

Played all the Doublepulse's cases LCJ's training and few missions of the first case.

All I can say is wow, the missions were just great.

The story was full of suspense making me to go on and on playing the storyline. I also liked the mystery part of the story. For me, it's always fun to figure out what would happen next in the mission or figure out the answers to the questions that the missions bring up.

Also to make the story humorous, you added a lot of casual talk between the characters instead of just giving dialogues that are directly related to the missions.

Now to the mission designing, while playing those missions, I really saw a LOT of creativity and originality in the missions. I couldn't even imagine of using some of the gameplay aspects you used.

The choice to make in the mission 'Warehouse full of them' was great. I never even knew it was possible to pull that out. The timing used for the time out objective was perfect for the choice I made. I was just about to leave the warehouse when the next objective came.

Then the chasing and tailing part. I also rarely see the chasing in the missions, but tailing is something I have never seen being done. And you even made it better by making her stop on the way, to make the player cautious. But I really had to be very careful and had to keep a lot of distance from her, especially because she can easily see me while making turns. But I think that's the intended purpose of tailing, so no problem in that.

I also liked the difficulty of the missions. I think most of them were of medium difficulty, but some were more difficult. But the good thing about the 'more difficult missions' was that they always had shoot outs with which I always have fun. But yeah, I always had to keep Byron out of the way or go ahead of him because, most of the time, he got killed.

I have to say some missions were too long and it was a bit frustrating to start the mission all over again. A good example which really made me mad was 'Tailing the trail' (not sure about the name). I tailed Mary upto the dance club which itself took a lot if time, then beat up the security at the club which were, in my opinion too many and had high HP value, then continue with the tail again until she meets with another guy which again takes some time, then as she makes the turn to go up she sees me and, well, I am dead. LOL, after failing the mission at that point, I never tried it again until the next day.

Looking for clues, questioning suspects and bringing up new questions also added to the detective feeling.

LCJ's training mission was also appropriate and good apart from the timer restarting after every checkpoint, which also happened in DP's first mission when I had to put up cameras.

Now to some questions and thoughts I have at the point I have reached.

Why doesn't Walter want James to investigate the weapons deal and also he quickly closed the previous drug case after the manager was killed? I find that guy kind of suspicious. His behavior is just strange.

Who are those guys that Mary met at the club and near the boat? Are they relevant to the case or just minor characters?

The drugs and weapons cases also seem to be related especially because the drugs bottles and weapons are mostly found at the same place.

I think that's all I have to say. Had a lot of fun playing the missions. More feedback after I finish up with LCJ's cases.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Dunno what came up with me, but 4 hours ago, I got my DYOM mood back all of a sudden.

Case 5 of Desk 3: RED WING BANDITS
is now completed & released! smile.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Completed all the missions expect the latest case that LCJ uploaded today.

The cases were interesting and some missions were a bit difficult, but I guess that was okay, as they were still playable and took me only a maximum of two tries to complete them. Also searching for unmarked locations was fun. It actually brought about the detective feeling in the missions.

I had expected the DP's cases and LCJ's cases to be connected in some way but that only happened in the first case after the training mission.

Also a question, when will the process of finding the Phil's brother's killer start? Or has it already started in an indirect way?

An observation I made in the outro mission of the 'Is a brawl worth doing?' case. Instead of writing 'Walter' you wrote 'Toreno' in the whole outro.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 11:16)
Completed all the missions expect the latest case that LCJ uploaded today.

The cases were interesting and some missions were a bit difficult, but I guess that was okay, as they were still playable and took me only a maximum of two tries to complete them. Also searching for unmarked locations was fun. It actually brought about the detective feeling in the missions.

I had expected the DP's cases and LCJ's cases to be connected in some way but that only happened in the first case after the training mission.

Also a question, when will the process of finding the Phil's brother's killer start? Or has it already started in an indirect way?

An observation I made in the outro mission of the 'Is a brawl worth doing?' case. Instead of writing 'Walter' you wrote 'Toreno' in the whole outro.

It has to be difficult, it's based on real life, you must use your imagination and try somehow to cover in all of the shootouts, of course, it's hard in San Andreas, but there's always a way.
-

Well, it has already started... actually it's the whole story of Cold Year is all about the Phil's brother and his killer..

An observation I made in the outro mission of the 'Is a brawl worth doing?' case.  Instead of writing 'Walter' you wrote 'Toreno' in the whole outro.

Ah, yes... I realized that mistake when Doublepulse pm'ed me on Skype.
That is why I am retiring, I am old and made such a mistake :DDD

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

Played all the cases. I also learnt, how to make a chasing type of missions. Thanks to LCJ and DP. Waitng for DP's next case. I think, it's about the murder of a moviestar . Good luck to both of you.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Case 1 of Desk 4 is completed and released!
CAR MADNESS.

Have fun and enjoy a little trick in it.

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:52 AM Edited by Arejai, 12 February 2012 - 12:05 AM.

Played the finished cases.

From Zero to Hero.

I loved the beginning. Being a mall guard, solved a small case, and then become a detective. Very nice plot.
I loved how you placed all the objects at the crime scenes.

The battle at the Glen Park was too hard. Failed at the 1st tried. Yeah, I'm really not good with the shotgun. But, it doesn't matter because I got a gun from the dead enemies.

The tailing part was really cool. It's something new. The black men approached the girl, we fighting in the club, etc. It's very creative.

From all the case, I really loved the Desk 2: Case 2,Weapons in the Wrong Hands because it has a better case and has more actions in it. The chasing part was really good. Loved to kill him.

On Brother's Blood.

This has a good beginning too. The protagonist is already on the desk 3 and has more experienced in his career. But, it's funny when he reached the desk 4; other seniors detectives doens't want to work with him.

Very nice training lessons. It's short(yeah, because it's just a training.) but it's very exciting. In the gunfight training, you forgot to turn off the wanted level.

I noticed that you always write 'adress' instead of 'address'. You missed another 'd'.

I most like the Seville Gang Bang because it has an interesting case that I loved to solved.
And I loved the actions from The Red Wing Bandits. A lot of cool gunfight and has a great twist, by the way.

Overall, both of them has a great storyline and I loved the connection between them. A very quality jobs. It become more interesting to know what will happen after this.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:16 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 12 February 2012 - 10:32 AM.

Desk 2 Case 3:

The Dead Movie Star has just been released!!

Sorry it took so long, but I had to bug test it, and it was quite a bit of work. This case has more investigations, and the action is towards the tail end tounge.gif .

CURRENTLY EDITING POST

NOTES:

There are a couple dialogue bugs in the cases, and some strange order with some of the ending cutscenes for each mission. I originally was going to have multiple missions as one time, but there was not an easy way to tie them together, and it would of been out of place. So the missions are 1 by 1 in the story. They are in the best order they can be at the moment. Besides that, there might be a few other bugs, but a lot of them might not be noticeable.

In the first part of the mission There are 3 possible suspects, you will need to activate the cheat ZEIIVG, which turns the lights to green. Also another cheat is used in this mission, I will see if you can figure that out tounge.gif . Hint (The text is in CAPS with Green color)

Overall, I cannot think of anything else to write at this moment, but Please give feedback on what you think of this case . It keeps me going, and maybe I can speed the process up tounge.gif .

1.Now on to some questions for the people playing?

2.Who do you think placed the Hit Contract?

3.What or Who do you think killed Byron?

4. What do you think can be improved for the Camera feature?

5. How did you like this case compared to the others?

So I hope to see some answers out of some of you. Hope you enjoy playing it. Feedback is appreciated.

Also if you answer the questions, please place them in SPOILER tags. Thanks biggrin.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:31 AM Edited by shiva s, 12 February 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Finally, I was waitng for this case, Doublepulse. I'll try to answer those questions ASAP.
EDIT: Played it and here's my fedbacks. I'm putting it in spoilers. I wanted to be the first guy to give feedbacks.
The missions were totally awesome. I loved the GPS concept that fixing and all that stuffs. But, you've forgot to turn off the cops while making the first three missions. But, it's not annoying. I enjoyed each and every bit of that tailing part and the investigations we did inside the movie set with Amy. I loved the camera feature. It was cool. It was filled with twists and I'm happy that case isn't over yet and felt sad that Byron is dead.
2. It's not anyone of the three suspects. I know, someone else is behind this.
3. The real suspect.
4.I like this feature but have I have no suggestions right now.
5. I was waiting for this case a long time ago. It was different. And, I love DP's designing styles.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Completed the last two cases by LCJ.

Great missions. I liked the humour in the in the Car Madness case. Though, it seemed a bit strange playing with a new skin of Phil, but I think it was a good choice.

Good to see the conflict between James and Phil starting. Can't wait to see how it continues. Also the cliffhanger of the Car Madness case was great, where it ends when Phil starts talking to the mayor about his brother.

Now to ' The dead movie star '.

abishai.kochara
  • abishai.kochara

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Played DP's missions,
really cool and awesome gameplay!
thought the checkpoints during chases I feel unnecessary, they make the mission fail in some aspects, for example- I killed the suspect and went to the check point! notify.gif
so......
As i said really good job with the clues and all but people don't leave cells around(Case 2 : Mission 2) so it cuts the realism factor, good job with the way you've set the missions!
you really study your surroundings a lot! I enjoyed the missions and I feel you can do better than this, you're awesome! Just change the cop car color please, it looks ridiculous in my game!(probably in the normal SA as well)
The way you've used the objects and the DYOM features, hats off, really good job!
G o o d w o r k a n d g o o d l u c k!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Ask me if you need more.... hope you like 'em.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

Completed 'The dead movie star'

Great missions. That changing checkpoint illiusion was very creative.

One small mistake which I noticed in a few mistakes was coloring of text. Most of the text was coloured all through instead of just the character's name.

This case was the most interesting so far, and also the most original. Three suspects and we get to choose who to charge, even though it looks like none of them was the one who actually ordered the hit of the star. Maybe one of them just played the part of the hitman or a small part in the hit.

I also liked that shoot out in the mission 'Its a trap'. But you should have hidden the timer to keep the realism. Also the objective text 'Survive for xx seconds' kinda breaks the flow. Imo, 'Survive till the backup arrives' is better.

The small motion jump turned out really good. smile.gif

It was however strange to see peds moving in the questioning room in the second last mission. tounge.gif

Byron death was completely unexpected. But it does mean he found out something about about those drugs and weapons case which, imo, is the main case of this whole mission pack and, a complete wild guess, I also think that this drug weapon case is also somehow connected to Phil's brother's murder.

Now to the questionnaire:

2. Someone else who is not yet an obvious suspect. (Maybe the Mayor?)

3. Same as two.

4. Hmm.. camera.. tbh, I can't think of anything as of now.

5. Well, first it was long enough unlike others which ends in a few missions. It's interesting to see it develop. Also the case was different in that it was really open on who to charge though I don't really believe that any one of them is the real person who ordered the hit.

I think that's all.

Had a lot of fun playing them. biggrin.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

On Brother's Blood
Case 7, Desk 4 - TOO MANY SUICIDERS.
COMPLETED & RELEASED.
Have fun, by the way, this case steps one step closer to the entire Cold Year story.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

(sorry for double post, but ya' gotta' refresh the news, don't ya'?)

On Brother's Blood
Case 8, Desk 4 - Police Hunter
COMPLETED & RELEASED

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

Played your first case, DP. Must say it's good. Gonna play more once I'll have time.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

On Brother's Blood
Case 9, Desk 5 - Mail is a Crime?
COMPLETED & RELEASED.

And onto work on the final case and I'm done with my story of Cold Year.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (leoncj @ Sunday, Feb 19 2012, 16:37)
On Brother's Blood
Case 9, Desk 5 - Mail is a Crime?
COMPLETED & RELEASED.

And onto work on the final case and I'm done with my story of Cold Year.

Yeah! Play the last story-line now! When i finish i'll wait for Matthew Hegan's path act 2!

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

ATTENTION

On Brother's Blood final case will be released after From Zero to Hero final case is released.
Playing my ending will ruin the fun, spoil some stuff in FZtH.

I have a question, do you want a DLC case for On Brother's Blood? If yes, tell me in which desk, which partner.

Until then, expect MHP updates soon. tounge.gif

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Question:I was wondering if there was a tutorial on using the passenger + driveby mod with dyom. I'm trying to use it in a mission but the player scoots up to the front seat everytime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users