Cold Year

180 replies to this topic
Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Yea the bug is because the player is not in the interior. biggrin.gif . I forgot to place him in the interior.

Exekucnak
  • Exekucnak

DYOM Mission Player

• Members

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

I just finished Doublepulse's Mall Security with no problems, it must be difficult to think off some interesting missions when you play as Mall security, you did a nice job with that icon14.gif

Gorgonit
  • Gorgonit

Ol' crumpy bastard

• Members

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Tuesday, Sep 6 2011, 00:07)
Hmm, you say it crashes? Strange! Let me look. Did you retry the mission?

Did you play the missions after that?

I know the fences look like crap. IDK What I was trying to do there. You know how in Malls early in the morning they have the stores and building caged off sometimes? I was trying to resemble that and failed biggrin.gif

EDIT: I would of hoped to find that crash problem sooner, but I don't see any issues on my part. Even when checking each objective. If it still occurs after then I will see. However if you know how to load missions individually from the storyline, you can play the next one.

Just use the option "Load Mission from DSL" and Use these file names

"Trashed" for mission 2

"Moments" for mission 3

You basically crashed at the end of the mission though: There just was text saying a owner complained about his store being messed up.

Okay, It did not crash now.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Ain't it funny that his face completely changes each desk? tounge.gif
Looks good, where are teh updates?

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Bloody Incident case FINISHED & RELEASED.

- That case gave me a weeks to complete it, there were major bugs to fix.
Have fun,

- LCJ.

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:13 AM Edited by alifjenius, 24 September 2011 - 02:00 AM.

QUOTE (leoncj @ Saturday, Sep 24 2011, 04:41)
Bloody Incident case FINISHED & RELEASED.

- That case gave me a weeks to complete it, there were major bugs to fix.
Have fun,

- LCJ.

Finally, I'm going to play it and give the feedback later
EDIT : Great missions. already play it all. You just forget to turn off the wanted level in "Downtown Shootout". though it didn't bug me a lot

Exekucnak
  • Exekucnak

DYOM Mission Player

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:56 AM

Awsome missions, no bugs, no errors, just great, keep it up icon14.gif

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

Goddamn it, this was in page 2.. O_o
It's not dead, we're SLOWLY working on it. - BLAME Minecraft for that. That game is so addictive... o.o

Anyway, I don't know who's gonna upload latest case, but it's gonna be updated soon, me is working on my own, Doublepulse is working on his own case, so...

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

... Bump.

Another case of my story is finished. Seville Gang Bang. Have fun.

(Now, this is finished, I can now do progress on other stuff)

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:42 PM Edited by BDR, 04 November 2011 - 01:08 PM.

I installed Passenger Mod. When I press G to get in a car as passenger, player sits the front seat first but slides to driver seat quickly. I can't play the missions because of this bug. Is there a solution for this?

Edit: Problem fixed.

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Too much L.A. Noire tounge.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

Its been awhile since I posted, mainly because I have been too busy to get it done, but I finally uploaded the 1st case in Desk 2:

Investigating the Green

Here is the download

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=15458.

After playing, if you feel like the case did not make much sense, then that is a good thing. biggrin.gif .

Hope you guys enjoy it, and FEEDBACK WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED.

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Just finished you chapter, Doublepulse. f*cking great, that's the only thing that I can said.

I hate the text bug (when you reach the text limit and the text is overlapped with the next objective's text). But don't worry, it didn't ruin the gameplay. I really love the gameplay ! Especially "A Warehouse Full of Them", when you have to decide whether you help Byron and Jackson or chased the manager. Big amount of Timeout, eh ? (I actually confused when I have to find the manager's office. But the only thing you have to do is, shoot the door and get inside the office)

Keep up the good work !

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:27 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 13 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

QUOTE (alifjenius @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 10:09)
Just finished you chapter, Doublepulse. f*cking great, that's the only thing that I can said.

I hate the text bug (when you reach the text limit and the text is overlapped with the next objective's text). But don't worry, it didn't ruin the gameplay. I really love the gameplay ! Especially "A Warehouse Full of Them", when you have to decide whether you help Byron and Jackson or chased the manager. Big amount of Timeout, eh ? (I actually confused when I have to find the manager's office. But the only thing you have to do is, shoot the door and get inside the office)

Keep up the good work !

Im glad you liked the case. Yea I hate that text bug you are talkin about.

As for the timeout.. It was pretty difficult to time the objective. I had to think about how long it would of took the player to complete both choices. Which choice did you make? biggrin.gif

Yea the warehouse office is not hard to find, but can be confusing for some. Glad to see no crashes though.

I hope I can get the next case out a lot sooner than this one.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

My missions also has text bugs, like overllaping the objectives and all.

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 17:27)
As for the timeout.. It was pretty difficult to time the objective. I had to think about how long it would of took the player to complete both choices. Which choice did you make? biggrin.gif

Chasing the manager. Though I lose it when I fight those workers (Pistol vs AK47 & SMG, very un-balanced sarcasm.gif )

A very nice timing. I came back to the warehouse to check Byron & Jackson and the next objective showed up. How many time you put in that timeout objective ?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (alifjenius @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 10:32)
QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 17:27)

Chasing the manager. Though I lose it when I fight those workers (Pistol vs AK47 & SMG, very un-balanced sarcasm.gif )

A very nice timing. I came back to the warehouse to check Byron & Jackson and the next objective showed up. How many time you put in that timeout objective ?

I put the time out objective to be like 1:35. Also one recommendation would be to take advantage of the weapons you pick up off of the enemies.

Either choice would of not made much of a difference. There was enough enemies to fight on both of them.

There might be more "choices" in the future, and of course a lot of investigations.

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 17:37)
I put the time out objective to be like 1:35. Also one recommendation would be to take advantage of the weapons you pick up off of the enemies.

Yeah, I know that. But you have to kill with your pistol first before get those weapons

Good luck with your next chapter. How about LeonCJ ? He's still working on this storyline, right ?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Ofcourse he is. He is just taking a break to work on MHP.

We are figuring the story out together. Making some good crossovers and interesting cases. He just was letting me catch up.

Good example of crossovers will happen in my 3rd case for Desk 2. Wanna keep it a bit of a surprise at the moment, but stay tuned.

Going to head to sleep in a few mins. tounge.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Weird that I noticed this topic so late. Have to try the missions, especially when they're made by DYOM pros like you two.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:14 AM Edited by leoncj, 10 December 2011 - 08:32 AM.

Bump...
Sorry, had to do it, I'm too lazy to go the page 3 or something, just to check on things. -___-
Anyway, apologies for no cases for so long, I was... working on Matthew Hegan's Path AND been lazy for a while, hehe.
Doublepulse, he's still working on his case and should be done by the end of the week.
Now, expect a case from me as well, I'm taking a break from MHP... (a short one, though)
==EDIT==
Added few info as well, such as... who leads the desks. Exmpl: Desk 3 (Lead by blah blah)

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

I wanna knw one thing..... R u guys(leoncj and dp) .... Do you guys, live in the same neighborhood? .... How do you make combined missions

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

If you ever checked their profiles, you might know that LCJ lives in Lithuania and DP - in USA.

To guys: When you're done, I'm gonna play this one for sure. biggrin.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Saturday, Dec 10 2011, 11:43)
If you ever checked their profiles, you might know that LCJ lives in Lithuania and DP - in USA.

To guys: When you're done, I'm gonna play this one for sure. biggrin.gif

Ya..... But how do they make, combined missions when theyre livin' in different place''?

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Kiddo, you know about Skype? (facepalm)

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Saturday, Dec 10 2011, 12:19)
Kiddo, you know about Skype? (facepalm)

Ya ya.... Ohhh.... Via skype....amazing...... Thanx fr ur Info, Friend.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:47 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 23 December 2011 - 09:54 AM.

The Desk 2, Case 2: Weapons in the Wrong Hands has been released. biggrin.gif .

Hope you guys enjoy and feedback is appreciated!

Quick Question though: How can I improve on the Tailing missions, I thought it went well..but it seems little boring. I would want honest advice in case I make tailing missions in the future.

Anyway I am working on the next one, expect another update post soon.

Report any issues if you have any.

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

I'll play this right now icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

Alright. I've played the ''Desk'' missions. I gotta say that detective missions are definitely in top 3 of my best mission themes now.

I liked Desk 2 - Case 1 missions the most mostly cause there are 8 of them in it and I love ''longer'' chapters. Some of the case missions were a little bit short, but no matter. Very good job you're doing here, guys. biggrin.gif

Anyway, here's the ratings:

Desk 1 - Case 1 missions - 6.5/10

Desk 2 - Case 1 missions - 8.5/10

Desk 2 - Case 2 missions - 7.5/10

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Saturday, Dec 24 2011, 09:29)
Alright. I've played the ''Desk'' missions. I gotta say that detective missions are definitely in top 3 of my best mission themes now.

I liked Desk 2 - Case 1 missions the most mostly cause there are 8 of them in it and I love ''longer'' chapters. Some of the case missions were a little bit short, but no matter. Very good job you're doing here, guys. biggrin.gif

Anyway, here's the ratings:

Desk 1 - Case 1 missions - 6.5/10

Desk 2 - Case 1 missions - 8.5/10

Desk 2 - Case 2 missions - 7.5/10

Thanks for the feedback Jimmy.

You say you like longer chapters, then the next case will be suit your interest. Im not sure how many missions but it is looking at more like 10-15 main case missions and maybe 2 side missions.

It is difficult to make very long missions with this kind of theme of clue searching, requires a lot of objects, cutscenes, and checkpoints to make the mission. By the time i finished with the mission, there is like already 60 objectives in the mission. I can try different things. I honestly like the first case better myself tounge.gif .

What did you think of the tailing part? How can that improve?

I guess it is time to post how the story works in the series.

General Story- The general story is just the basic story. It is about Deputy cop who works his ways to be a great detective. The title kind of shows he will become a hero. The name Cold Year kind of generalizes that the year is a Cold year..with a lot of killings..and many bad things.

Main Story- The main story is not so obvious in the first cases, but it becomes more clear as the story progress. The main story is hinted through some of the clues and it is a good idea to pay attention to them. If you want to start understanding what might be going on, look for patterns in the cases and some similarities between the suspects. This is the main reason why I am going to start listing some important clues at Desk 3.

I am not gonna spoil the main story, but i have a question for you all, what do you think the main story is about at this moment?

Im glad you like the series though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users