BETA San Andreas FINDS

339 replies to this topic
Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

That's not what he's talking about Weasel.

• ZT-, Brooklynzsmac and HalfOfAKebab like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

Helpful that is. What then is it, and why are you keeping it secret.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:30 PM Edited by OrionSR, 16 July 2017 - 06:06 PM.

There's been a bit of discussion recently regarding rare drug dealers. The basic upshot is: The black and white drug dealers are a normal part of the game. They stand along ped paths in gang zones and sell drugs to peds, offer dialog to CJ that goes nowhere, iitc, and drop 2000 cash when killed. There are two rare dealers that are fully implemented but the conditions usually aren't right for them to spawn. The biker dealer will spawn in SF if you can glitch/exploit/edit gangs into you SF zones. The hispanic dealer will spawn in gang zones if the ped type's ethnicity filter restricts both black and white pedestrian. (Ethnic filtering has only been defined within the last week;) A standard game doesn't include any zones with ped type 4, 8, or 12 that would allow the hispanic dealer to spawn, but the zone tool of the Savegame Editor 3.x Pedestrian field modifies this value (0874:).

Added: And we have a new hypothesis that explains the old glitch of the biker dealer frequently spawning in Jefferson soon after starting a new game.

When a new game starts CJ is first seen within the interior of the Francis International Airport of Liberty City. This interior is located high above Cranberry Station and Doherty in San Fierro. If the cut-scene is skipped right away then sometimes the flag that marks CJ as within the SF weather zone doesn't change back to LS before CJ is fading into the Jefferson alley and peds are required to spawn. The game quickly starts loading peds for the new zone but while the SF peds and dealer persist in memory they might spawn.

So if you want a peek at the biker dealer just start a new game and skip the cut-scene before CJ has finished placing his suitcase for check-in. I'm not exactly sure about the precise timing of when to skip. The biker dealer might not spawn if you skip right away, or spawn if skipping after CJ is clearly in LS, but your best bet is to skip right away, and if you see SF peds then keep looking for the biker dealer, otherwise restart again.

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

BigHomie
  • BigHomie

Rat

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

I meant that seemingly a feature of buying/selling drugs was meant to be introduced to the game (e.g. the weed in the original Doberman mission being referenced to as a gift). So I wanted to ask if any further information is known on all of this.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

Try looking into the TTDISA mod - Things To Do In San Andreas. I know that a lot of beta features were reimplemented in that mod but I have no idea if what you describe was included, or for that matter, anything more than a rumor.

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

Brooklynzsmac
  • Brooklynzsmac

Say it with me homies! Grove Street is king!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:19 AM Edited by Brooklynzsmac, 17 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

AFAIR there are unused stats in the game files, "Amount of drugs sold" and "Drugs budget", so yeah, at one point R* planned to make CJ buy/sell drugs, but it collided with GSF' anti-drug policy.
  • OrionSR and HalfOfAKebab like this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Helpful that is. What then is it, and why are you keeping it secret.

It's amazing, you write English better than you understand it. What exactly does a "beta drug dealing feature" have to do with cut missions that have been very well documented already?

• ZT- and Brooklynzsmac like this

Nice!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 days ago Edited by 1010, 3 days ago.

I found a lot of beta stuff.

link for download:

https://www.emuparad...tegy_Guide/1968

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted A day ago Edited by CoolMods, A day ago.

oh damn beta san andreas had some great left overs

Brooklynzsmac
  • Brooklynzsmac

Say it with me homies! Grove Street is king!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 hours ago

6UiGshA.png

7zcC4XH.jpg

I cleaned texture of corpse falling out of Combine Harvester and made it into ped.

• Ruvix likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users