Photo

BETA San Andreas FINDS

323 replies to this topic
SANAN7
  • SANAN7

Music Lover

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

I heard that there are some rifa tags still left in San Fierro from the beta version of the game. Can anyone confirm this? If so where are their locations? Thanks smile.gif
  • Emi S. likes this

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

I don't think so. probably just a rumour
  • BlueHawk37 likes this

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

There are leftover files for the Rifa tag but it was not used in the game itself for some reason. IIRC, the text includes "San Fiero Rifa" (with Fiero not double R) in turquoise color.
  • Zander4 likes this

KarmannGhia
  • KarmannGhia

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

I saw these maps in the San Andreas files:

Click
  • BlueHawk37 likes this

UNRATED69
  • UNRATED69

suck my hammer

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Those are the street race maps.
  • Zander4 likes this

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

yes it is but it's BETA anyway, look closer at first pic for example... Nice Find icon14.gif

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (UNRATED69 @ Aug 19 2010, 10:58)

Actually, those are the beta race maps. I found these maps a while ago, and took note that some of these are completely removed from the final pressing of San Andreas, while some are in the final, albeit with slightly different routes (one or two different roads taken, etc., etc.).

Joints
  • Joints

tha muthaphukkin real

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Aug 21 2010, 02:06)

Actually, those are the beta race maps. I found these maps a while ago, and took note that some of these are completely removed from the final pressing of San Andreas, while some are in the final, albeit with slightly different routes (one or two different roads taken, etc., etc.).

whether its race map or not, the beta san andreas was much more realer and better than the final. beta had a lot of features too. I'm looking for the beta everywhere but still can't find any. someone should really make a mod or give us a link where we can download the beta

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Joints @ Aug 20 2010, 19:47)

whether its race map or not, the beta san andreas was much more realer and better than the final. beta had a lot of features too. I'm looking for the beta everywhere but still can't find any. someone should really make a mod or give us a link where we can download the beta

It's obviously not that easy.

1.) It's real hard to find the beta online when nobody uploaded it in the first place.

2.) You would need a hacked PS2 to play a burned image of the beta, since it wouldn't be instantly playable on the PC like you probably expected.

And the beta was (again, obviously...) not as good as the final. There were probably tons of bugs on top of other issues (like the game not having all the missions coded yet), making it virtually impossible to complete (unless there's an 'Under Construction' screen like in the Super Smash Bros. Melee beta, so I guess that would mean you could 'complete' it in some realm of existence). Your knowledge in game development is lacking heavily. But here's a beta mod, anyways:

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058605700

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Weirdo. what have you got against being able to read your postings . see what I mean. Sorry for interupting this topic.
  • BlueHawk37 and Sweet Bellic like this

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:15 PM Edited by Weirdo., 22 August 2010 - 08:30 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Aug 21 2010, 01:44)
Weirdo.  what have you got against being able to read your postings . see what I mean. Sorry for interupting this topic.

Do you use a flat screen TV as a monitor by any chance? Because my regular HP monitor went out and I can't see purple clearly on my TV because the refresh rate only goes up to 30 (I can only assume that a small minority uses TVs on computers). Or is there something else that I'm not aware of?

Joints
  • Joints

tha muthaphukkin real

• Members

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Aug 21 2010, 03:42)
QUOTE (Joints @ Aug 20 2010, 19:47)

It's obviously not that easy.

1.) It's real hard to find the beta online when nobody uploaded it in the first place.

2.) You would need a hacked PS2 to play a burned image of the beta, since it wouldn't be instantly playable on the PC like you probably expected.

And the beta was (again, obviously...) not as good as the final. There were probably tons of bugs on top of other issues (like the game not having all the missions coded yet), making it virtually impossible to complete (unless there's an 'Under Construction' screen like in the Super Smash Bros. Melee beta, so I guess that would mean you could 'complete' it in some realm of existence). Your knowledge in game development is lacking heavily. But here's a beta mod, anyways:

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058605700

i know beta might have had a lot of bugs but beta had more features too and you have to admit that.
and thanks a lot for the link. i am going to try and see how it is.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

Chain so heavy dat my neck starts hurtin'!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:28 AM

can anybody tell me some of the differences in final and beta carl johnsons?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:44 AM

SEARCH under Forum Tools:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=395014

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Aug 28 2010, 03:44)
SEARCH under Forum Tools:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=395014

lil weasel, I was not talking about any mod. why is it okay for others to make a topic about who is older (CJ or Ryder) and not okay for me to just make a topic that simply asks the difference between before and after?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:51 AM Edited by lil weasel, 28 August 2010 - 05:57 AM.

Since nothing has been said about your topic, I would assume you feel it is unworthy.
I merely searched and found a topic (one of a page full of them) with lots of pictures some showing the Beta version of CJ so that you could compare the illlustrations. I don't believe anyone could easily describe the differences between the two.
Also, I don't approve of the topic of age, as it and other simular topics are just plain silly, but it's for the moderators to decide on its need for discussion.
Although the topic is in the modding section it does show beta CJ.
If you need to feel defensive about your topic that is a clue that you don't think it is a good one.
I think there should be a seperate sub-forum for 'What If?' and 'Do You think/believe' type topics.
Another forum I belong to is al but dead because it doesn't allow those as topics.
'Nuff said, back to playing! icon14.gif

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Aug 28 2010, 05:51)
Since nothing has been said about your topic, I would assume you feel it is unworthy.
I merely searched and found a topic (one of a page full of them) with lots of pictures some showing the Beta version of CJ so that you could compare the illlustrations. I don't believe anyone could easily describe the differences between the two.
Also, I don't approve of the topic of age, as it and other simular topics are just plain silly, but it's for the moderators to decide on its need for discussion.
Although the topic is in the modding section it does show beta CJ.
If you need to feel defensive about your topic that is a clue that you don't think it is a good one.
I think there should be a seperate sub-forum for 'What If?' and 'Do You think/believe' type topics.
Another forum I belong to is al but dead because it doesn't allow those as topics.
'Nuff said, back to playing! icon14.gif

What are you trying to say? My topic is a pointless silly unworthy topic and don't belong in this forum?
do whatever you want with this topic. I saw a few changes on CJ from the beta but I was trying to find some more changes.

but...whatever man. You are the boss, I don't mean sh*t around here do I?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

Enough. Let's stop this argument right here.

@Mr. Kingpin: I believe lil weasel intended you to check out the differences for yourself by directing you to that mod topic. Pictorial representation would be much more easier to compare than words.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:02 AM Edited by lil weasel, 28 August 2010 - 07:10 AM.

Well said. that's it.
girishb, Thank you,

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Aug 28 2010, 06:57)
Enough. Let's stop this argument right here.

@Mr. Kingpin: I believe lil weasel intended you to check out the differences for yourself by directing you to that mod topic. Pictorial representation would be much more easier to compare than words.

Yo Apologizing for that. I didn't get what he said so I kept it going on. but I agree, it has to stop.

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

To answer your question, prototype CJ had scars, a pronounced jaw, and appeared much older. This older look was probably scrapped after R* found out that 50 Cent refused to do the voice for Carl Johnson (I can only assume this, since 50 Cent's voice is more mature and deeper than Young Maylay's). This texture was left over in the game files, so excuse me for not showing what it actually looks like.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Aug 28 2010, 22:22)
To answer your question, prototype CJ had scars, a pronounced jaw, and appeared much older. This older look was probably scrapped after R* found out that 50 Cent refused to do the voice for Carl Johnson (I can only assume this, since 50 Cent's voice is more mature and deeper than Young Maylay's). This texture was left over in the game files, so excuse me for not showing what it actually looks like.

That's the kind of answer I was looking for. But I thought the prototype CJ was younger than the final CJ. and it's good 50 Cent didn't voice, I hate 50 cent. His voice sounds sh!t.

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Aug 28 2010, 15:43)
QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Aug 28 2010, 22:22)

But I thought the prototype CJ was younger than the final CJ.

Nope, it was the other way around.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

Voice: CJ was voiced by Chris Bellard, known as Young Maylay.
Rumors circulated the internet for a while that either Dave Chappelle or 50 Cent were supposed to voice CJ, but these were most likely just wishful thoughts on the part of their fans.

WIKI

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Aug 28 2010, 16:00)
Rumors circulated the internet for a while that either Dave Chappelle or 50 Cent were supposed to voice CJ, but these were most likely just wishful thoughts on the part of their fans.

WIKI

I read on an article about 50 Cent's Bulletproof that the game was a response to R* asking 50 Cent to voice CJ, to which 50 Cent claimed that he only voices himself in video games. I'm not saying that either Wiki is entirely accurate, though.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Aug 28 2010, 23:05)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Aug 28 2010, 16:00)

WIKI

I read on an article about 50 Cent's Bulletproof that the game was a response to R* asking 50 Cent to voice CJ, to which 50 Cent claimed that he only voices himself in video games. I'm not saying that either Wiki is entirely accurate, though.

Haha 50 cent thinks he is the sh!t. If I was making a game like R*, I wouldn't bother asking 50. Young MayLay is good enough.
And it's good to know the real truth about Beta CJ and Final CJ's age difference.
Lil Weasel, this is the kind of answer I want you know what I mean? finally someone talks about the real business.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:40 AM

lil weasel your hobby is to use the search? lol.gif lol.gif Everytime I see you use the search, I don't like to use the search very much, it is slow monocle.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:43 AM

The search engine is down right now.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Really? Poor lilweasel wow.gif

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:29 AM Edited by Weirdo., 29 August 2010 - 03:34 AM.

After extensively looking through topics, I found out that a member called SLAYERMAGGOT UV mapped CJ's beta texture on his final head. Here's a pic:

http://img168.images...9121251jd5.jpg/

Compare:

http://img208.images...us/i/cj3oo.jpg/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users