First of all, it should deserve its own topic as I will frequently update the first post when new info shows up.
Announcement: E3 2011
Release: Holiday 2012
Developer: 343 Industries
Official E3 Teaser
Halo Fest Concept Art reveal
Halo Fest is the biggest Halo event till date. Not only it was a huge community event, it was also a chance for 343 to tell their fans the future of Halo. The Halo Fest was from August 26-18, 2011. Unfortunately, no gameplay footage was revealed.
Facts and other information:
- Halo 4 is the first part of the new Halo Trilogy. It has been recently revealed that the Trilogy is going to be called The Reclaimer Trilogy
- At Halo Fest, 343 has possibly hinted towards new armor abilities.
- The new Warthog will be a vehicle in Forza Motorsport 4.
- Apparently, there will be many new weapons available (rumored vehicle + weapon customization)
Connections to the past + plot (Spoilers)
- 343i confirmed that the past of Halo, meaning all books, comics and games will come together in Halo 4, meaning that everything will make sense
- It's also confirmed that the mysterious planet is not the Onyx shield world from Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.
- For the first time in Halo, H4 won't be only a sequel. It will have flashbacks as well.
- John's armor change has a story-wise meaning as well.
- 343i wants to give the Chief a bit different personality.
- Halo: Anniversary will contain new Terminal videos, which will be strongly connected to Halo 4.