Halo 4

115 replies to this topic
Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

user posted image

First of all, it should deserve its own topic as I will frequently update the first post when new info shows up.

Announcement: E3 2011

Release: Holiday 2012

Developer: 343 Industries

Media:

Official E3 Teaser

Halo Fest Concept Art reveal

Halo Fest:
Halo Fest is the biggest Halo event till date. Not only it was a huge community event, it was also a chance for 343 to tell their fans the future of Halo. The Halo Fest was from August 26-18, 2011. Unfortunately, no gameplay footage was revealed.

Facts and other information:

- Halo 4 is the first part of the new Halo Trilogy. It has been recently revealed that the Trilogy is going to be called The Reclaimer Trilogy

- At Halo Fest, 343 has possibly hinted towards new armor abilities.

- The new Warthog will be a vehicle in Forza Motorsport 4.

- Apparently, there will be many new weapons available (rumored vehicle + weapon customization)

Connections to the past + plot (Spoilers)

- 343i confirmed that the past of Halo, meaning all books, comics and games will come together in Halo 4, meaning that everything will make sense

- It's also confirmed that the mysterious planet is not the Onyx shield world from Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.

- For the first time in Halo, H4 won't be only a sequel. It will have flashbacks as well.

- John's armor change has a story-wise meaning as well.

- 343i wants to give the Chief a bit different personality.

- Halo: Anniversary will contain new Terminal videos, which will be strongly connected to Halo 4.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Looks good, might buy it, but first I must play Halo Reach.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

I'm getting it, but I don't have high hopes for this. Halo 3 kinda sucked and Bungie ain't running the show no more.

What I'm really interested in is what kind of enemies we're gonna face. Gonna miss the Covenant

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

I just hope that length of campaign will be long and level design will be good. Halo Reach was great but too short and some level design is a bit boring. Halo 3 has a great atmosphere, but then I can't believe the final boss is that f*cking boring cube again whatsthat.gif . gameplay should have some changes though,since you can evade all the enemies and process next checkpoint after Halo 2,which could make the game meaningless,and it's still meaningless when instead of evade you need fight a bunch of Covenant and die before reach next checkpoint.
343 seem did a great job on bring back CE remake,their style is really similar to Bungie so I put my hope on 343 icon14.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

user posted image

Glad they are actually changing the helmet. That previous helmet was too old-fashioned for a Spartan tounge.gif

Read Gamespot interview here
http://asia.gamespot...topslot;thumb;1

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Anyone thinking its sad that Marty doesn't make soundtrack for Halo 4?
Seriously, the new Halo music artist sounds like a music designer for pokemone games.
Just check out the concept art trailer.

james227uk
  • james227uk

One Spartan Army

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Is there an explanation as to how Master Chief gets this new suit of armour? It just seems a bit stupid how he all of a sudden has a new suit of armour in Halo 4.

(I apologise if this is a dumb question; I just haven't read up on Halo 4 that much)

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

There is a huge possibility that I will might buy this game, since I have never owned a Halo game, but still, many people have Reach which I have played only a couple of times at a mate's place.

Which is better, Reach or 3?

cas-97
  • cas-97

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Can't wait! I'm new to Halo but i've played all of them (Except Halo 2) and it seems great i just wanna know where the hell did he get the Jetpack? confused.gif

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (james227uk @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 20:30)
Is there an explanation as to how Master Chief gets this new suit of armour? It just seems a bit stupid how he all of a sudden has a new suit of armour in Halo 4.

(I apologise if this is a dumb question; I just haven't read up on Halo 4 that much)

at the first post:
- John's armor change has a story-wise meaning as well.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (mati @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 12:48)
Seriously, the new Halo music artist sounds like a music designer for pokemone games.

He is japanese so that make sense.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

I called it a loooooong time back; Halo 3 isn't gonna be the last Halo game

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (mati @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 11:48)

I agree, if they f*ck up the music, I will be f*cking pisssed.

The music in all the Halo games was f*cking brilliant, why change? Their doing the same thing with ME3 as well, not sure what the f*ck is their problem.

Tyler
  • Tyler

I couldn't possibly comment

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

Music is such a big part of games that you think they'd know not to mess with it. Hopefully this guy will have something as memorable as the main menu theme of Halo 3 or the soundtrack to Reach. Also, in response to Vertical Limit, 3 is my personal favourite for the multiplayer physics and the sheer fun of it, but since no one plays it any more Reach is probably the best bang for your buck game.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

great new suicidal.gif
http://xbox360.ign.c.../1192587p1.html
*go and cry in the corner*

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Wednesday, Sep 7 2011, 04:07)
great new suicidal.gif
http://xbox360.ign.c.../1192587p1.html
*go and cry in the corner*

I've seen it yesterday. It's a sign that this game has some flaws confused.gif

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

I wonder if they'll follow the multiplayer formula that Bungie took with Reach or just stick to the tried-and-true style of Halo 1 and 2.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Finally a release date:

"We are beginning a new saga with 'Halo 4' and embarking on a journey that will encompass the next decade of 'Halo' games and experiences," said Phil Spencer, corporate VP of Microsoft Studios.
"Millions of fans worldwide have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to step back into the boots of Master Chief, and with 'Halo 4' leading the charge, we're confident 2012 will be the most successful year in Xbox history."
Source: The Inquirer (http://s.tt/19qcE)

IGN

it release the same week as COD lol.gif

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Seriously, at this level who might be interested in COD ?

COD = new game each year that does the same thing. Is like playing a continue old game with extra goodies in a linear way.

Wait a minute ? what COD, maybe MOH ? confused.gif

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hmm, maybe its better if we lock this and stick to the Halo topic? I was posting new vids and stuff in the other topic so this isn't really up to date.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 14:33)
There is a huge possibility that I will might buy this game, since I have never owned a Halo game, but still, many people have Reach which I have played only a couple of times at a mate's place.

Which is better, Reach or 3?

Halo 3 was way better than Reach.

My only concern is I hope they have a legit ranking system this time because in reach you just gained xp points for armor. There was no reason to work as a team and try to win because it didn't matter as long as you got kills which gave you xp points. I hope H4 is as good as H2 was back in the day. I've since turned to COD because ODST and Reach let me down and I use to be a die-hard Halo guy.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I always prefered Halo 3 over Reach. The online on Halo 3 had me on it for three years where as I could only play Reach for like nine months. It was a bit boring and they made Recon too easy to get in Reach. Plus there was no Bungie favourites in Reach and I didn't like the whole armour lock and jetpack thing.

Ah I remember when I got recon in Halo 3. Happy days smile.gif
http://www.bungie.ne...al luggage&sg=0

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Not sure if this is in the game or not, but it would be great if it is. biggrin.gif

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

I like bagels. They're better than you.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

The problem with Reach was that the multiplayer got boring real fast. I basically lost initiative once I hit Colonel.
I think Halo 3 tops Reach in almost every single way, other than Spartan customization and such. The campaign in Halo 3 just felt more epic and immersive, imo.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

I know we have a seperate topic for Halo chat, but I thought it would be best to keep Halo 4 news etc seperate.

Anyway, just been browsing for all the latest news, and thought to share it with you guys:

This week we’re getting deeper than ever into the start of the next big shooter game series with Halo 4, tipped here as having multiplayer action like none that have come before it. For those of you new to the Halo series, you should know that the number “4″ at the end of this title does not mean that it’s the fourth in the series – even though it technically is. You’ll certainly be moving forward in game mechanics as well as graphics prowess, but the timeline is all different – but Master Chief is back!

Halo 4 will be bringing no less than an infusion of the best bits of both multiplayer and single-player into the multiplayer gameplay portion of the whole game environment. What you’ll be working with here is “Infinity Multiplayer”, or at least that’s what its called for now. This new mode of play will have Halo lovers working with cooperative “Spartan Ops” as well as “War Games”, two different ways to play, both of them kill-heavy. Spartan Ops has been tipped to lift a lot from the game Call of Duty’s Spec Ops missions. War Games on the other hand will have Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode like all good multiplayer shooters should.

The Limited Edition of this game will have the same options for gameplay that the standard edition does, but will be including several more single-player maps for you to interact with. At $99.99 upon its release, we’re certainly hoping it’s more than just maps that we’ll be getting – that and some physical items such as a USNC Briefing Packet, some armor schematics, and a bluetooth of the Infinity. UPDATE: Also included in the Limited Edition pack will be such lovely bits and pieces like armor and weapon skins, Avatar unlockables, and a 90-minute video feature Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. This feature will have you gaining an understanding of the storyline like only a hardcore character would want!

Source: Here.

“We wanted to introduce a threat that is beyond anything Master Chief has faced before” 343i says. There’s a new physics engine that makes Master Chief “feel like a superhero” with a newly designed suit – already dividing opinion between fans – and graphical upgrades for all the vehicles, weapons and more.

The multiplayer spaces have all been created from the ground up, rather than reused from the regular campaign. There’s also a new Spartan IV backstory, and a “cinematic” feel with actor motion-capture and more.

“It’s still Halo, but it has its own voice and it’s extraordinary” the team sums the new game up as, exciting stuff if you’ve been eagerly anticipating the new installment and the effective reboot of the series. The video comes as part of a preview of Xbox 360, Kinect, Arcade and Windows Phone titles set to arrive in the next few months.

Source: Here.

user posted image

Man, I really need to hurry up and get my 360 again...that and the HD trilogy pack.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I kinda rolled my eyes at the idea Halo 4 and I'm a big Halo player right from the start and is one of my most played games. However, didn't Bungie make a huge deal about Halo 3? Like this is it, the end of the trilogy, final installment. Halo 3 tagline: Finish the Fight, Halo 4: Start a new one? Halo Reach: But hey, it's a prequel...

But despite this, I still really do like the Halo story and franchise. Maybe I'm one of those nostalgia trolls, kinda like how people hate the idea of having a Toy Story 4 - you like the story, characters and franchise you want to see more but in a way you don't because it just doesn't 'feel' right. I don't how to express what I mean, hopefully you get it. Of course I will get this and totally interested in the single-player story aspect as much as multiplayer. I just really hope H4 works out well, it's not a CoD title - I actually care about the story and characters, ha.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

I feel the same too. I'm just not really excited about Halo 4. I've completed all the Halo games on legendary except Halo Wars and the Anniversary one and I remember playing Halo for the first time on my brother's Xbox in 2002. I hope they bring back Bungie favourites.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

Pre-Ordering on the 3rd of October. Special edition or just normal? That is the question.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Why Can't Microsoft Bring Halo to PC? I Really Do Not Understand sad.gif sad.gif

I Loved Halo:CE One of the best fps I have Ever Played

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:30 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 15 October 2012 - 01:33 PM.

@Master of San Andreas
Microsoft would like everyone to abort PC gaming and play on their console. Microsoft get lots of money from console games but none from PC unless they produce or publish it.

Well a couple of days Halo 4 was leaked. After Reach I was a bit let down so I haven't pre-ordered a Halo since, because of this I'm downloading it right now as I want to try it before I buy it. I've never done this before but I don't feel any sympathy. If it's good I'll likely buy it so I can play with friends on my unmodded Xbox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users