» «
Photo

Cutscene Modding

7 replies to this topic
Ichisennen
  • Ichisennen

Stuff Doer.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:03 PM Edited by Ichisennen, 28 August 2011 - 04:28 PM.

So, I've recently learned how to mod, using cleo and all of the other simple engines. All I've been up to so far is skin changing and adding anims.

But I have a problem. I changed the skins of my girlfriends in the gta3.img file with some other .txd and .dff I found, but when i tried taking them for a date, the game crashes.

I rooted the problem as me being NOT CJ. So I changed my skin to the original, then went on another date. What resulted was the GF's skin (in this case denise) is shaped like the model I replaced it with, but it's all damn black for some reason.

My questions are: How do you replace cj's cutscene skin? (using img tool, which cs"name".txd is his?) If possible a list of cutscene skins for further reference?

And two, why did my gf (denise) go all black? O__O is it mod-related or maybe vfx card related?

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Ichisennen @ Sunday, Aug 28 2011, 16:03)
I changed the skins of my girlfriends in the gta3.img file with some other .txd and .dff I found, but when i tried taking them for a date, the game crashes.
I rooted the problem as me being NOT CJ. So I changed my skin to the original, then went on another date. What resulted was the GF's skin (in this case denise) is shaped like the model I replaced it with, but it's all damn black for some reason.

My questions are: How do you replace cj's cutscene skin? (using img tool, which cs"name".txd is his?) If possible a list of cutscene skins for further reference?

And two, why did my gf (denise) go all black? O__O is it mod-related or maybe vfx card related?

It crashes if you replace Cj with a pedmodel, using a script and start cutscenes of missions or GFdate

cj's cutscene skin must be the clothes of player.img
he wears in cutscenes the moded clothes of player.img and i can't find any similar files in cutscene.img or gta3.img

Ichisennen
  • Ichisennen

Stuff Doer.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

I can't be any other character when I do GFdates huh? I have to be CJ... aww :|

That means for cutscenes, I have to mod the player.img file using probably the gimp method to make skins appear in cutscenes huh? But I only use skin selector... oh well.

But what about the gf model turning black during cutscenes? I sort of rooted it out that it only happens with certain places and models.

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

GTA V: San Andreas.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Ichisennen @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 06:23)

That means for cutscenes, I have to mod the player.img file using probably the gimp method to make skins appear in cutscenes huh? But I only use skin selector... oh well.

But what about the gf model turning black during cutscenes? I sort of rooted it out that it only happens with certain places and models.

Most likely you did not add her texture.
I had that problem when I replaced fam1 he spawned without texture but find the texture and replace gangrl3.txd with the texture.
I forgot which was gangrl3? was it her naked model or her clothed model? confused.gif i forgot since I don't mod GF's that much.

Ichisennen
  • Ichisennen

Stuff Doer.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 14:57)
QUOTE (Ichisennen @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 06:23)

Most likely you did not add her texture.
I had that problem when I replaced fam1 he spawned without texture but find the texture and replace gangrl3.txd with the texture.
I forgot which was gangrl3? was it her naked model or her clothed model? confused.gif i forgot since I don't mod GF's that much.

I did replace her .txd file in the gta3.img file.

When we're outside, everything works fine, but when we go indoors for the "dating" cutscene, gangrl3 turns black.

I've rebuilt the archive and everything, tried re-installing her. But still bugs. sad.gif

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hmm... Can you upload her gta3.img files to megaupload? I'll try to fix this problem for you.
Also give me the files to the character you replaced her with otherwise I won't be able to do it.
I'll post pics, to show you if you made a mistake on her installation.

Ichisennen
  • Ichisennen

Stuff Doer.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Nah no need smile.gif . I don't think it's in the installation. I tried using other skins for gangrl3, copgrl3, basically all gfs. Most of the skins worked except for this one skin; it's of Yugao's from naruto, if you were wondering.

It also happens to some skins, like some random custom ones I found on the net. Some get stretched or pancaked when entering the cutscene. I guess it's a compatibility thing?

I guess I should just leave it be, and replace the gf skins with something else so as to not be a bother. Plus uploading would take some time with the slowness of my net right now. Maybe some other time when it becomes a big deal with many skins.

Thanks for the generous gesture though, Nathan. lol.gif

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

No problem.
Also the bug can occur if you use a bigger/smaller character than others. (E.G Midgets or Nemesis) They will get stretched/shrunk when attacking etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users