☻/
/▌♥♥
/ \ ♥♥█

EDIT: NO I LOVE IT!!!

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:33 PM Edited by The Rocker, 31 August 2011 - 06:14 PM.

Haha, thanx man! So far as I know, it's flawless - no sound bytes carried over unnecessarily, no volume mutations, nothing. smile.gif

EDIT: Note: Next radio station is a radio station from Vice City (take a guess, and leave ideas!), followed by a radio station from San Andreas (you can also guess here, but leave ideas!).

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Im not russing here or anything, but just wondering, when will I be able to test this mod?

Also I hope you guys share some of your methods for changing heights smoothly to change maps, with out even noticing it in game play. It may be a great thing for those who are working on a Back to the Future mod. (III and VC one). They can make things look like there drasticly changing through time travel.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

@nkjellman - Sorry man, been hectic here on my side the past week, will have the files to you tonight. smile.gif You have my word. And yes, Swoorup will (I believe) make the IPL and Paths Mover public, and when our waterpro.dat(s) is/are done, we'll forward them along to anyone who wants them, no questions asked. We're all for bettering the modding community - stingy people just won't get anywhere. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

IPL & Paths Movers are both Public, I am going to work on some LC mapping, you might get a pic later.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:28 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM.

Alright have a guess what this is going to be, it is pretty simple.

user posted image

Edit: How about now, is this easier.

user posted image

- March 6, 2013 - Image Links Updated to A610 Ucoz

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

It reminds me of the ferry stations, but I might be wrong. However, excellent work! You and Frank.s are both amazing! (P.S. Where is that guy? Hope he's still fine!)

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for the Compliment You are right, it is the Ferry Station for Portland that I am modeling, I was just thinking the Same about Frank, on his profile it shows that he was last online yesterday and his last post was yesterday so he is still getting around but might just be taking a break from modding.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

Well that's good, then. As long as everybody knows that this doesn't need to be rushed, we can take our time, no point in rushing anything, or it's gonna come out below par. I'm thinking of doing Paradise FM next, or Radio X (my fav radio station from SA, but I absolutely detested listening to Paradise FM, but it's an essential station that some people like, can't just cater my own needs here). smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:56 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 06 March 2013 - 05:46 AM.

Do not worry I am not one to Rush I think the model is coming along well if you can tell what it is, personally I never like Paradise FM, For VC/VCS I liked Flash FM, Emotion 98.3 & Wave103. San Andreas was mainly KDST and a little of Bounce and maybe the odd song of Master Sounds. Never really liked anything from GTA 3 but I would listen to either Flashback Or Head.

Edit: Here is what I hope is the Finished model of the terminals base, I have been driving around it on LCS taking estimates and matching textures with my trusty PSP.

user posted image

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Looks great, exactly how I remembered it (played LCS last week again). Your tastes in music are the same as mine, from 3 I liked Flashback FM and HEAD Radio, from VC it was Flash FM and Wave 103, from SA it was KDST and Radio X (some K-ROSE too, the DJ made me laugh my ass off), from LCS it was HEAD Radio, and from VCS it was Emotion 98.3.

Rave and techno and club music aren't my thing, but I do like dance music.

I think I'm going to do Radio X, but it's gonna be hard to record the stuff from in-game, but I'll get it right. HEAD Radio came out nicely, let's hope Radio X does, too.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Yeah it is quite similar likings, With GTA IV I did not really have a station I liked but Liberty Rock Radio is what I would listen to it had a few songs I liked and with the EFLC Vice City FM also had a Few songs to listen to.

I am going to get this model In game and see what surroundings will need to be changed to accommodate it.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

The path and IPL mover are both public.
I will add more features to it then it will be on GTAG

Whats the decision about those tunnels? Should they be removed?
I am trying to learn how the paths work so I can make some new paths on ferry stations.
As its been long the last time I played LCS, can you guys tell me which of the paths needs to be added and removed?

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

I don't know much about the map of LCS, was always in the northern areas of each island. The road tunnels, except for those in Shoreside Vale, are going to be removed. The subways are staying, though.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:18 AM

I dont think the subways will be needed. I think people rarely travel using them. Did it exist in 1993?
Tell me what you think man!

I think I have understood how the paths work, but to remove tunnel paths, it will take time.
Does callahan bridge paths need removing?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:20 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 06 March 2013 - 05:47 AM.

I am able to change paths around you can Use KEd or a there is a tool just for the Paths Editing of VC, not sure of the name but KEd lets you edit the paths on the map the tool only had the radar image.

Paths removing is easy if you use KEd, it will take you only a couple of minutes to remove the paths.

Been testing the model in the game added a few things to it, I think I have got it correct and the position of it too, just have to get the prelighting correct and change the rest of the surroundings.

user posted image

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

There's no mention of the subways not existing in 1993 in any sources I have read, so we're going to keep them, we don't want to make the map obsolete.

@A610 - Looking good, really fitting in nicely!

@Team - Waterpro.dat can create boxes of water, can it not? I saw a mod on GTAGarage that did this, though I didn't download it. If it can, then we can use it for both VC and LC, can't we? Just putting a cullzone under the water in VC will hide it, I think.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:12 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 02 September 2011 - 12:15 PM.

QUOTE (The Rocker @ Friday, Sep 2 2011, 22:05)
@Team - Waterpro.dat can create boxes of water, can it not? I saw a mod on GTAGarage that did this, though I didn't download it. If it can, then we can use it for both VC and LC, can't we? Just putting a cullzone under the water in VC will hide it, I think.

I thought it just created a Plain of water as if there is a hole in the map you can fly under the city and wont be effected by the water at all, you cant even see it, there is no effects like in San Andreas, game play is just as is would be normally.

Edit: Maybe we should get in contact with Maxorator and see if he can create a .flt that defines a second waterpro.dat file, he worked miracles with the paths why not with this.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Damn, hmmm... This water thing is troubling, it's the only real problem we're facing at the moment. A DLL hook might end up being the only solution...

EDIT: Yeah, I'm sure he will be able to help us...

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:43 PM Edited by Swoorup, 02 September 2011 - 12:45 PM.

I think the height that defines water is from the bottom to the custom height ( We can edit the upper height but no lower height).

EDIT: I really dont understand steve-m's water editor.

Whats with the high and low res map?
Do we need to supply alpha file?
And that bottom height which cant be changed in my view is really bothering me

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (The Rocker @ Friday, Sep 2 2011, 22:16)
Damn, hmmm... This water thing is troubling, it's the only real problem we're facing at the moment. A DLL hook might end up being the only solution...

EDIT: Yeah, I'm sure he will be able to help us...

Should I send him a PM or do you wish to do it, in the meantime I am going to try and hack the EXE and find where it defines the file and try to change it around.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

I speak to frank.s quite alot, he's helping me with a modification of mine, he's alright.
He went to his granddad's for a week or two, and he has no internet there smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Swoorup @ Friday, Sep 2 2011, 22:43)
I think the height that defines water is from the bottom to the custom height ( We can edit the upper height but no lower height).

EDIT: I really dont understand steve-m's water editor.

Whats with the high and low res map?
Do we need to supply alpha file?
And that bottom height which cant be changed in my view is really bothering me

I think One Map is for where the water is and the other map is for where is it displayed (Seen).

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:01 PM Edited by Swoorup, 02 September 2011 - 01:16 PM.

No there's no physical water, its really harcorded in the exe I think.
I tried waterpro.dat from LC, the water is not seen but the tunnel is still flooded

EDIT: Yes, please send him a PM

EDIT: CLearing those paths from tunnels and callahan must make cars spawn frequently

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

I have got water working in VC, both the images of it and the physical water itself, but there is no water in LC so I am correct that you can move both the water level and the displayed level by WaterPro.DAT, now I will send a PM to Maxorator asking if he can hack it so the game loads 2 WaterPro's and we will then be set.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thank God VC finally has water! But now LC is barren for the moment, but it's at least a breakthrough!

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:35 PM Edited by Swoorup, 02 September 2011 - 01:41 PM.

LOL I increased VC waterpro.dat's height to +1000 units and VC has now water

If you go near to any one of LC's buoy it will go up. ( Really funny biggrin.gif )
If even we were to load two waterpro.dats it would be LC water is inside VC water, and it will be problem for swimming physics later onwards sad.gif

EDIT:
The only option is to use dynamic waterpro.dat i.e the waterpro.dat will change when going to VC and vice versa when going to LC

Either we must look on boundary hack in which both of them are really annoying!!!

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

I got a message back from Maxorator saying that he could make a .FLT so the game would load WaterPro1 and when we reach a certain height or an Opcode is activated it would switch to WaterPro2, make sure he gets an Honorable Mention for all the help he has gave us.

That would also fix any issue with the Boats and other water objects floating away.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

Maxorator just told me and Almost610 that he can easily help us if we use CLEO and first configure a second waterpro.dat smile.gif

Looks like we're breaking down barriers here. smile.gif

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Feroci
  • Nepal

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:47 PM Edited by Swoorup, 02 September 2011 - 01:49 PM.

wowowowowow
Dynamic waterpro.dat
wowowowow
This is really amazing now.

HATS OFF TO MAXORATOR.. HE ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING NEW!!!
@Almost610 I couldnot get the visible water working!!! Can you give me your file!

EDIT: anyone has escalator not working on escober?Any solutions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users