Photo

[VC|WIP] Grand Theft Auto: East Coast Stories

1,616 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (The Rocker @ Saturday, Aug 27 2011, 19:16)
As long as it doesn't look bad, then of course! smile.gif I'll send you the files soon, man.

On my Scarface mod I made it as high as the SA/TBOGT height limmit and it looked just fine. It could be a different story when your in Vice City because your Vice City is realy way up in the sky. But you cant usse solid coll to make the bottom city's height limmit because it would damage the heli. Im gussing your going to design a script to simulate a height limmit.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, I thought of that. smile.gif Will get you the files in two days time, I'm very busy at the moment. Overloaded with pressure from this, GTA:Flash, and my exams! And to top it all off, I have to catch up ALL my tasks for the whole year in this coming week, so expect my presence very scarcely. P.S. And I have a deadline for a fiction piece that has to be met with next Wednesday!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (The Rocker @ Saturday, Aug 27 2011, 22:01)
Yeah, I thought of that. smile.gif Will get you the files in two days time, I'm very busy at the moment. Overloaded with pressure from this, GTA:Flash, and my exams! And to top it all off, I have to catch up ALL my tasks for the whole year in this coming week, so expect my presence very scarcely. P.S. And I have a deadline for a fiction piece that has to be met with next Wednesday!

Ok man take your time.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (The Rocker @ Saturday, Aug 27 2011, 18:14)
Technically, the tunnels didn't exist until 1998 or thereafter, only the Shoreside Vale tunnels remained, and these are now flooded. I left these in, though. But good thinking on the leakage:

"The projects has been plagued with problems, such as leakage, as well as corruption, leading to the project winding up over-budgeted and behind schedule."

Reference

I was refering to the Subway as you said you had removed it but technically it would still exist. Since we have the waterpro.dat flooding the subway tunnels presently this could the reason to keep them closed but not remove them.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

How could I have missed that? I fixed it now, though. But we need to fix the waterpro.dat to get it working right, we can use the excuse for Shoreside Vale's remaining road tunnels system, but the Liberty City Subway System I prefer not to be flooded in the release. Why? Because I just love the interior of those places, running around, it gives it a quaint little charm. biggrin.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

I had fixed the Tunnel for myself in a Waterpro.DAT but it was only for one Entrance so I could enter, not sure if I still have the file as I replaced it with one that had No water at all in the City.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:04 PM Edited by The Rocker, 28 August 2011 - 01:21 PM.

Here's my expectancy schedule, guys:

LC Completely Re-Textured: 15 October, 2011.
VC Completely Re-Textured: 1 November, 2011.
Radio Station #1: 31 August, 2011.
Radio Station #2: 7 September, 2011.
Radio Station #3: 14 September, 2011.
Radio Station #4: 21 September, 2011.
Radio Station #5: 29 September, 2011.
Radio Station #6: 5 October, 2011.
Radio Station #7: 12 October, 2011.
Radio Station #8: 19 October, 2011.
Radio Station #9: 26 October, 2011.
Logo .mpg: 7 October, 2011.
Updated particle.txd: 15 October, 2011.
My Map Edits: 25 November, 2011.
Full Storyline Script: 9 November, 2011.
BETA 1.0 OFFICIAL Stripped Game Script: 1 November, 2011.

And... I'm not jumping on the bandwagon or something here, but this total conversion was started less than a month ago, it's been 3 weeks and 4 days since I joined Swoorup, and since we've built up a good team. I'm absolutely positive that a complete beta release of the complete standard map (without modifications) with access to both cities, paths, and everything will be released by Thursday, November/December 1st, 2011.

After that, the BETA releases will move quickly along, as by the time Beta 1.0 is released, Beta 2.0 will be about more or less halfway to three-quarters way done, which will include the re-textures to the whole city, along with the timecyc.dat and the ENB series config (which will only enhance the experience; repeat: the mod will not NEED this to run perfectly, but it is recommended), and the official map of the game. Beta 3.0 is still a mystery.

Just thought I'd give you guys a list of what I'm up to, and a schedule (don't worry, you will get everything exactly on the date stated, not a day later - or earlier tounge.gif) so that you guys know I'm not flaking out on you when I don't show my face here and hang around. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

I personally would not plan a schedule with everything lined up, well I always think of everything in the worst case scenario which is some sort of major problem plagues me and then something in life will happen and I wont make the date so if you do miss a date I would not be surprised as something always comes up which delays you.

This is just my opinion but wouldnt the Radio Stations just be a waste of time this early in the project, I would imagine getting the City right and then slowly sneaking the stations in through Beta releases or optional extras, actually there is a question will the Radio Stations be Optional Extras, I would rather keep my bandwidth for the Game and not so much the Music.

Looking forward to "Thursday, November 1st, 2011" anyway. Keep up the Work.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

Well I, personally, am bored to death with Vice City's soundtrack. It's really getting old after all these years I've been playing it, and I did all the radio stations for my own TC in one week (that's 9), during school-time, so I think 9 in 9 weeks will hardly be a problem. I'll probably do them on the first day of the week, and then do the other stuff for the rest. Also, doing the radio stations is a way for me to take a break from modding without technically being inactive, so I'll really enjoy it! smile.gif I already calculated all my dates for problems, these are the maximum times it will take me. I re-texture one complete district per day (by name, not by file), and I have 15 days for each (VC has 9, and LC has 23, but LC has smaller districts, and much of the city's textures are repetitive, anyway), so it would technically take me only a little while to do both cities, as I'm free from October 1st onwards, then I'm done with school except for my finals. Anyway, the storyline is coming along great, but roughly, I'll fix it up about two weeks before it is due, and then get down to reading the storyline scripts for all the gta games and seeing if I got anything wrong. And particle.txd is easy to edit to look good! I've already got good looking, realistic, blood, and rain, from a 5 minute texturing session.

The beta release date is tentative at this point, but think about this: VC is in its original position, only 500 units above LC, so if we just move the paths up by 500, then it will work, right? If not, then at least after some minor tweaking! The cullzones won't be too hard, maybe a week's worth of work at most? And the water maybe an extra week, that's about 3-4 weeks on the mod to get BETA 1.0 done, and 4 weeks from now it is September 25th, 2011. That's about 5 weeks and 2 days before my tentative release date.

Whoops, actually Tuesday, November 1st, 2011, now I see! Got mixed up with the two T's. smile.gif

So as you can see, I allotted double the time than is optimal for us to work on this, to make room for errors and setbacks.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

I was thinking about collecting some nice sfx sounds for Vice city. Just collecting only for now!

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:47 PM

When the BETA 3.0 is out, which will hopefully include cars and everything, sometime next year, we can also release two optional packages - radio stations and sfx. So collect all you want, and then when the time comes we can see if they work, and who owns them, etc. Sorry if I'm a bit straightforward today, but I can't work without a plan (as I've got a lot on my plate), and I thought it best to let you guys know why I'm not going to be on: exams, and fulfilling my duties to this project. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:26 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 28 August 2011 - 02:30 PM.

I found a quick way to get the paths to work in VC (1000 Units Higher) by just adding 16 to the front of all the paths Z Co-Ords.

Here is what I saw when I got around the corner.
user posted image

At least we know paths work up in the Sky.

Edit:
The first car to Spawn on the streets in Our Floating VC.
user posted image

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:46 PM

Anybody smelling the stench of "breakthrough" right here? biggrin.gif

EDIT: And they don't interfere with LC, right? confused.gif

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

LOL, i just messaged you!!
I think less traffic in the high coords have to do with streaming memory. Its currently set at 45 which is the original one. Lets try setting it to 90!!!

Already made an Paths mover. If its necessary ill upload it to GTAG and to the team!!!
user posted image

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Sorry for DBP. Ill test them thoroughly now!!!

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

I used to run my copy of VC on 150 all the time, never noticed any bugs on my part. If 90 doesn't give the desired results, 120 definitely will.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Swoorup @ Monday, Aug 29 2011, 00:47)
LOL, i just messaged you!!
I think less traffic in the high coords have to do with streaming memory. Its currently set at 45 which is the original one. Lets try setting it to 90!!!

I have had the same problem, but i drove around a little and then it seemed like more Vehicles were spawning.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

And here is the first bug
user posted image

It only happens if police comes chasing you at high speeds in sloppy lands so far as I know !!!Not to worry though, I think its nothing!!!

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

I think the lack of Vehicles/Ped's could also be due to the Zones not existing in High VC, if there are no Zones the game wont know where to send the vehicle types (Worker, Rich, Normal, Etc) as that is how some of the things are defined, I am sure we can move the Zones up there Easily.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

No, I tried uncommenting all zone files in dat file. It has nothing to do with zon files! Just to be sure you can try it too!!

But I found some bugs, positioning bugs. I dont know if its with my IPL mover tool or not!
Maybe the model/texture bug at the new position which frank was talking about maybe related to this!!
We thought it to be model or texture bug!
user posted image
user posted image

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:20 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 28 August 2011 - 03:37 PM.

Those lights that are on the bridge are a pain in the A$$, those lights seem to do that when they intersect with another object, in my mod GTAMM I had them doing a similar problem when they intersected with a planter box i placed in the median Strip of the road and were floating above the model.
Going to look into the roof top now.

Edit:
@ Swoorup, did you realign the heights to fit with VC?

Edit:
Checked to Roof, it has always been like that, I guess it is just another present from R*, I will fix the model.

Edit:
If you experience an Issue in VC (South End Both Islands) where as you approach the Models load and then the LOD's return and then disappear. please remove both of these from MANSION.IPL and it will solve the issue, just open mansion.ipl and search for "7361" & "7363", or "IslandLOD1" & "IslandLOD2" and delete the two lines.
CODE
7362, IslandLOD1, 2, 777.89, -5091.09, **YOUR HEIGHT HERE**, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
7363, IslandLOD2, 2, 2312.36, -4944.75, **YOUR HEIGHT HERE**, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:16 PM Edited by Swoorup, 28 August 2011 - 04:25 PM.

I agree with you Almost610, both that lamppost and that model in haiti are gift from rockstar. I guess thats why they had the height limit so low in VC. But I noticed it just now!!
But the lamppost shows up wrongly in KED, not in the game at its original position! They were too lazy so they fixed from the exe itself i think!

BTW The paths mover is done

EDIT: Here's the link to the tool!
http://almost610.dmo..._mover/1-1-0-15

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:35 PM Edited by ALMOST610, 28 August 2011 - 04:45 PM.

Is it just for me or are only Cops Spawning (Pedestrian).

Lets see if we cant repopulate the streets.

Edit: Upped the streaming Mem, there appears to be more people on the street now, not sure if it was due to the effect of the EXE, still not many cars though.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

For me, peds spawn too but they are very few of them!!

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

I've got an idea, not sure if it will work, do you think the game might handle them better if we were to separate them, we could reinstate the MAP.ZON file so it separates LC & VC with the LoadScreen but instead of the loadscreen appearing after moving from East to West, it will do it when you move Up or Down, it is so crazy it might just work or Fail terribly.

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Dun know man, the game seems to load few population in LC too with or without zon files connected!!

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

It could probably work. Though the way I scripted things, when you go to Francis Intl./Esobar Intl. the screen fades to black, a screen appears saying you are now going to either VC/LC, and then you spawn in the new city. So for aesthetic purposes, won't be needed, but for functionality, yes. Try it out and see what happens. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Gave it a try and the Spawns did not change but it does Hide VC from LC so you cannot see it and it Hided LC from when you are in VC.

The Rocker
  • The Rocker

Carnage King

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

Then we've made a break-through, have we not? Shall we use that in the release? I mean, is that how we're going to do it? smile.gif

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

From gtamodding.com

Info.zon
Type: 2
The info.zon, with the help of the main.scm, controls which pedestrian and vehicles spawn in that specific zone. The info.zon can be viewed through KEd but it can be only edited by hand. The main.scm uses this file so you cannot just delete the lines in the file without editing the main.scm. This zone uses island number 1

@rocker
Good to know man!
Give it to me when done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users