Welcome to the official GTAForums home of the Grand Theft Auto: East Coast Stories total conversion. This is a community project not done by one person, but by many. It's a rather large, ambitious modification that aims at bringing a new game to the PC platform, set in the same universe and continuity as the rest of the Grand Theft Auto series (From GTAIII up until GTA:VCS, respectively). Grand Theft Auto: East Coast Stories is currently in development, aiming to bring the two classical cities Liberty City (from GTAIII and GTA:LCS) and Vice City (from GTA:VC and GTA:VCS) together in one solid, playable map. Not only that, but the cities are due for a revamp, seeing as the total conversion is set in 1993, and neither of the two cities feature a rendition set in this time-period. We're also going to revamp the cars (Maybe take some from SA), along with some new weapons and a whole new storyline featuring returning characters. By the final, we hope to have created a whole new game as close to Rockstar quality as humanly possible, though certain things we are not capable of doing.
Set on the East Coast of the fictional United States of America (GTAmerica) in which the Grand Theft Auto series takes place, the game is played out through the whole of Liberty City and Vice City, two complete opposites. Liberty City remains the dark, gritty place you remember, only we are looking at the City from an Earlier stage than any GTA has pictured it, and it still looks pretty much the same, except for a few map changes. The Callahan Bridge is gone, and Ferry Stations are the only way between Staunton Island and Portland Island. Numerous other changes are scheduled to be made. Vice City, on the other hand, has improved greatly since we last saw it. Many of the buildings have received an upgrade, but some of the districts have fallen into the slums or have been bought by the illustrious Vercetti Syndicate, while Real Estate Kings continue the Delevop the City beyond its own means.
Furthermore, the only way to travel between the two cities is by a long boat-ride, or a flight from Francis International Airport to Escobar International Airport (or vice-versa).
- Destroyed Shoreside Vale Bridge
- Sex Club 7 = Paulie's Revenue Bar
- Remodeled Hepburn Heights
- Remodeled Leone Mansion (Taller, more extensive, also include a destroyed version and an in-construction version)
- Some buildings in Staunton Island Slightly Shorter, But Skyscrapers Much Shorter.
- Gates at Portland Docks
- More Punk Graffiti Around Town
- New Interiors
- Kenji's Casino Changed To Marco's Casino (For Sale)
- Love Media Building Now Just a Normal Building
- One Building of Liberty Campus Destroyed (Darkel's Fault)
- One of the Towers in Wichita Gardens Demolished
- Cartel Mansion Under Construction
- Shorter Hospital in Shoreside Vale
- Doll House in the Red Light District
- Accessible Lighthouse With Interior
- Accessible Docked Ship With Interior
- Remove Dirt From Sawmill In Portland
- Remodel Joey's Autoshop
- Remodel Greasy Joe's In Portland
- Remodel HEAD Radio Studio To Have a Helipad
- Replace Easy Credit Autos
- Remodel 8-Ball's Autoyard
- Remodel Ma Cipriani's Restaurant (Now Only a Home)
- Leone Casino in Saint Marks
- Taller Police Station in Portland (Just Cause It Looks Better!)
- Francis International Airport Interior (Like in San Andreas)
- Whole City Re-Textured
|- Taller buildings in Ocean Beach|
- Fully Constructed Construction Areas (One Next to the Bay Should be a Park like in GTA:VCS)
- Taller buildings in Downtown
- Remodel Boathouse
- Enterable Trailers at Docks
- Remodel Dock Condos (Taller With Garages At Back)
- More Garages at 8-Ball's Bomb Shop (Except 8-Ball removed)
- Remodel Fort Baxter Air Base (Comprehensive)
- Remodel Little Havana (SA Ganton Style Houses)
- Remodel Sunshine Autos (Test Ground & Added Building)
- Remodel Moist Palms Hotel (Taller)
- Taller Buildings All Throughout The City
- Remodel Scrapyard (Add More Junk and make it bigger)
- 3 Destroyed Buildings in Little Havana (Well-Separated)
- Remove Auntie Poulet's Hut District in Little Haiti (Now a lot for sale)
- Taller Moist Palms Hotel (Now Vercetti Resort)
- Destroyed Greasy Choppers Biker's Bar
- Remove Scum Hole
- Enterable Rock City Shop
- Enterable Jock Sports
- Enterable Vice City Community Arts Center (Love Fist Building)
- Different Dirt-Track in Downtown
- Remodel East-Most Prawn Island Mansion
- Remodel Interglobal Films
- Remodel Prawn Island Shops
- Remodel Vercetti Estate Maze
- Make Vercetti Estate destroyed model (Interior & Exterior)
- Remodel Mall Interior (All Shops + Interiors)
- Different Beach Track
- Fix Ocean Beach Marina Piers
- Destroyed Bridge Between Washington Beach & Vice Port
Following the tragic loss of millions of dollars, the Leone Family began to lose influence and respect within the underworld of Liberty City. The Sindacco Family were laughing at them, the Forelli Brothers thought they could take over, and the underground mafia of the Castrogiovanni Family were plotting to take control of the whole city once all the Families were taken care of, but Salvatore Leone believed there was still one thing left to do: save face and redeem the respected name of the Leone Family and put an end to their fear of defeat once and for all.
Recently joining the Leone Mafia, Toni Cipriani climbed the ranks quickly, but both he and the Leone Family as a whole was betrayed by an old school friend and fellow mobster leaving them even further down the foodchain of Liberty City's underworld. Now it's up to him to fulfill the seemingly-impossible mission of gaining the trust and allegiance of Tommy Vercetti, the paranoid drug baron of Vice City who, since 1986 when he first rose to power, became corrupted with power. However, both the Forelli Family and the Sindacco Family are uniting and trying to muscle in on the potential down south, putting an end to the Leone Family with the hoped-for allegiance of Vercetti, along with protecting their new made-man, Alberto Marino, the traitor to the Leone Family.
The fate of the Leone Family is in Toni's hands, it's down to his carnal need for revenge on Alberto to gain Vercetti's trust, annihilate the competition, and re-establish the Leone Family's honor in two cities torn between glamour and gluttony, decency and degradation, respect and rivalry - Liberty City and Vice City.
Although the total conversion is built upon Vice City, several gameplay and engine changes are in planning. There are now no more load-screens between islands, allowing players to enjoy a more seamless game space. Furthermore, there are now multiple load-screens when loading the game, climbing is not planned to be implemented, and neither is the ability to swim, but there are multiple clothing options in the game; more than 100 different player skins are being implemented, allowing the player to change their shirt, shoes, and pants during the course of the game. However, no tattoos or haircuts are planned to be implemented. New side-missions not featured in the original Grand Theft Auto III or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, airport access between cities, additional support in side-missions (when exiting cars normally ended a side-mission, the player now has two minutes to retrieve a new vehicle, and resume the side-mission), mafia wars (similar to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas's gang wars in many respects), players can bribe the hospital staff or police officers to keep their weapons after getting wasted/busted, as well as an option to buy vehicles and assets, often triggering new side-missions. The famed Trip Skip from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is also making a re-appearance in the second attempt and onward of a mission. Higher pedestrian and vehicle density, along with some NPC's using cellphones while walking on the streets, new/improved animations, more realistic particles physics, reductions in clumping of pedestrians and vehicles, further draw distance and increased density of objects, buildings, etc. are all planned.
A Full List of Changes is still T.B.C.
A Full List of Changes is still T.B.C.
A Full List of Changes is still T.B.C.
Below is a list of characters featured throughout the course of the game (mentioned characters that don't give missions are not listed here):
- Toni Cipriani
- Alberto Marino
- Joey Leone
- Luigi Goterelli
- Giovanni Casa
- Salvatore Leone
- Alfonso Castrogiovanni
- Roberto Castrogiovanni
- Tommy Vercetti
- Big Mitch Baker
- Cesar Vialpondo
- Ma Cipriani
- Catalina (Briefly)
- Claude Speed (Briefly)
- David Sindacco
- Paulie Sindacco
- Johnnie Forelli
- Mike Forelli
- Bruce Tanner
- Phil Cassidy
- Mickey Hamfists
There may be more, but these are all I remember right now without actually looking it up.
Screenshots can be seen in our Photo Album which is Available Here.
Official Map - Coming Soon!
Furthermore, this is where we'll put all the random stuff from now on, so here it goes...
We're in need of people to help us! The following is a list of openings:
- 1 Dedicated Modelers [Prerequisites: GMAX or 3DSMAX, three modeled mods online or evident capability of modding]
- 2 Modelers [Prerequisites: GMAX or 3DSMAX]
- 4 Texturers
- 5 Scripters [Prerequisites: Latest version of Sannybuilder and CLEO]
- 1 Hacker [Prerequisites: Knowledge in scripting and/or hacking .exe limits/functions]
- 5 Beta Testers [Prerequisites: High-End PC]
To apply, please go to the Official Website (Link is at the top of the page) and apply via the "Contact Us" page. Though, due to time-constraints, contacting us without selecting the right option for the appropriate message will result in your message most likely being ignored. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we're all very busy on this modification. Thank you.
Swoorup (Leader & Technical Director)
ALMOST610 (Map Modeler)
Frank.s (Map Modeler)
MasterK (Freebaser [Texturer, Coder])
MinnieMan121249 (Characters & Weapons Modeler)
Ashwin the new boy (Sound Effects, Particle Modeler, Car Modeler)
The_Sorrow (Senior Scripter) - He was great to work with, and having him on the team was an experience we will never forget. Lots of thanks to you, The_Sorrow, for the first original side-mission you did for us.
ManDog (Toni Cipriani Player Model)
GTA: LC Team (Liberty City)
Maxorator (Path Limit Hack)