» «
Photo

Adrift

4 replies to this topic
gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:47 PM Edited by gta_fan28, 26 August 2011 - 03:49 PM.

This is a very interesting game. It's a Sci-fi action adventure develop by Dontnod Entertainment.

In the world of Adrift, memories have become a commodity. Everyone in Paris is equipped with a brain implant called the SensEn, which is a device that records every event, interaction, or thought the wearer experiences. A thriving market for these memories has developed over time, and now, it's to the point where people are buying the memories of strangers to achieve their own secondhand happiness, as well as a powerful minority stockpile for economic and political gain. It's a premise inspired by today's rapidly growing ecosystem of smartphones and social networks, where so much of what we do and see is recorded and uploaded instantly for the world to share. But in Adrift, our general compulsion to see and experience everything has all but eroded the personal connection to these snapshots. They're just memories, no longer ours, no longer anyone's but the person who holds the receipt.

http://gamescom.game...8...alls;type;1

smeagol
  • smeagol

Razmataz

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

Ill keep my eye on this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:25 AM

This sounds intresting, I'm going to keep my eye on this for sure.

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

I hope it's an open world game...

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

Idea of this game is good, but main point of the story was copied from "Strange Days." I don't want to be pesimistic, but this game probably never will be finished as it happens with many artistic games without backup in form of very rich publisher and very skilled developer. I'll keep my eyes on this anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users