• Tyler

what's an impostor look like?

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

Seems the ending is polarizing. My take on it leaves me pretty satisfied with how it all came together. What we got to see was about the best way to end the show. We were never going to see the end of every character's life, but we did get to see at least a little change from the carousel cycles they lived through. There seemed to be a trend of revelations about the ambitions of life in this ep-- not particularly new to Mad Men, but I thought this episode was more focused than other (and that makes sense, considering).

Overall, I think it worked well. I'll miss the cast of characters. I haven't felt this close to a television series since Six Feet Under.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:04 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 03 November 2015 - 01:08 PM.

I just finished watching Mad Men (I watched them on Blu-Ray instead of TV) and I think it might be the best TV series ever made.  It's got depth that few TV shows can come close to.  Certainly not shows like Game of Thrones.  GoT is entertaining but beyond wondering who will be next to die it's dramatically inert.  Mad Men is about things we can actually relate to.  There's no shootouts or heads cut off and nobody gets whacked.  It's just about people and life and it's more gripping than any of that other stuff.  That's only possible because of how beautifully made Mad Men is.  It's perfectly executed on every level.

I loved the ending.  

Spoiler
 I think one of the show's main themes was about looking toward the future and not dwelling on the past.  
Spoiler

One of the things I loved was Pete's progression from the quite unpleasant character in the first season to the person he'd become by the show's end.  I remember early on in the show, when Pete found out that Don had lied about who he was, he went and grassed him in to Bert.  Bert didn't care and told Don to forget it because Pete could one day be his ally.  Then in season seven I think when everyone tried to get rid of Don Pete refused to allow it.  Throughout the entire show Pete never once mentioned Don's true identity again.  I really liked the relationship that developed between the main characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users