Mad Men

83 replies to this topic
Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

That manlet punching Roger in the balls pissed me off so much.

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

f*ckin' manlets I swear. Also:

"Go for a swim, it always makes you feel better."

P.S. - Bob motherf*cking Benson.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Kenny isn't dead! Blimey!

They had me on tenterhooks until his fate was revealed

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

I don't even know what to say about that ending. Something about it had me going. I guess we can safely say Don's bridges are burned.
  • Moth likes this

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

So...what now? I was psyched to see Don in Cali. Stay at home Don?

Also, f*cking Bob Benson. Goddamn did the mask get ripped off of him.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:00 AM Edited by rudy., 25 June 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Peggy in the pantsuit? Marvelous!

I was on the edge of my seat during the Hershey pitch. I dug Ted's transformation from introspective mulling over his own problems to astonishment at Don's revelations.

Clever boy, that Bob Benson.

Nothing's stopping Don and Megan from going to California anyway now, right?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

I loved the moment when Roger asked if what Don said was true at the Hershey meeting. You could see that for the first time Roger actually saw Dick and not Don, and that was probably a big factor in them giving him his "time off".

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 02:17)
I loved the moment when Roger asked if what Don said was true at the Hershey meeting.  You could see that for the first time Roger actually saw Dick and not Don, and that was probably a big factor in them giving him his "time off".

What I found it amazing in this is how united all the partners were. Joan didn't speak up for Don, Bert handed Don his ass quietly, and even Roger told Don that Don had to see it from their point of view.

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 20:00)
Nothing's stopping Don and Megan from going to California anyway now, right?

Well, other than them being pretty much over. Though I hope that's just a fight, not the beginning of a long process between season where they divorce. Still, who knows?

Seriously, that final shot with Sally and Don was just great. No words were needed. And if Don doesn't win at least four awards for this season's performance I'll be sorely disappointed. What did you guys think of this season as a whole?

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by rudy., 25 June 2013 - 05:46 AM.

QUOTE (Tyler @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 03:33)
Seriously, that final shot with Sally and Don was just great. No words were needed. And if Don doesn't win at least four awards for this season's performance I'll be sorely disappointed. What did you guys think of this season as a whole?

Hah! Dudeee, what can I say? The last episode perfectly rounded the season off, although it delivered a couple of puches to the gut. Sure, it was uneven, and difficult at times. I think the show leaned too heavily on flashbacks and that made for some heavy-handed scenes.

Although I loved Don throughout the season, I think he had the worst storyline. And, Pete.. oh, Pete. His storyline was great as usual. tounge2.gif

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

The flashbacks were the real winners this season. Painted a real good picture of Dick. And the Hershey's breakdown was the final punch to the gut.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

The premiere was a self indulgent mess but that finale (and the penultimate episode) was some pf the show's best stuff. Only way it could have been better is if he'd straight up left Megan, but I guess there's always the final season for that. Heh.

Looks like LA is the next setting for sure.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

"Going down?"

Next season could go either way. It wouldn't surprise me if it started in March of 1969 with Don and Megan being all lovey dovey at a small new firm, and it wouldn't surprise me if Don came back after a three-month leave and Megan having walked out on him. Loved the season as a whole, especially the last couple of episodes. Not too happy about the "lol 60s" moments with Kennedy and MLK getting whacked or the flashbacks, but I guess the former were inevitable. 1968 was rough.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 09:44)
"Going down?"

Next season could go either way. It wouldn't surprise me if it started in March of 1969 with Don and Megan being all lovey dovey at a small new firm, and it wouldn't surprise me if Don came back after a three-month leave and Megan having walked out on him. Loved the season as a whole, especially the last couple of episodes. Not too happy about the "lol 60s" moments with Kennedy and MLK getting whacked or the flashbacks, but I guess the former were inevitable. 1968 was rough.

Isn't next season the last season anyway ?

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yep. Thank god for that, too. Everything already looks awful. Glad I won't get to see Don rocking brown suits with yellow shirts.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

So just to be sure. Bob totally had Pete's mom killed, right? Cuz that was pretty f*cking crazy, and Pete was pretty meh about it all. Pete's a f*cking scumbag. Him and his brother.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

Reviving this thread New season starts now!

• darthYENIK likes this

Geth
  • Geth

財閥

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

People's thoughts so far? Slow to me. As usual though. I've never known a Mad Men season to hit the ground running.

macbrian
  • macbrian

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

just got around to watching Sunday's episode yesterday... wow, that was classic Betty, the way she put her sunglasses on and turned away from her son because of a bloody sandwich....

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I was getting used to unemployed Don.  Totally thought he was going to tell them to "f*ck off" when they offered to take him back, but gave a bunch of stipulations.

I just recently found out that Pete's receding hairline is not real.  There's pictures floating around of Vincent Kartheiser in between filming, where you can see that there is hair growing back where they shaved it.  And here I was just thinking he caught a tough break.

Speaking of Pete, if there is no Trudy at all this season, I'm going to be upset.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

"He ruined my day, by giving away my sandwich" Classic bitchy betty

• darthYENIK likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Really loved tonight's episode. The conversation between Roger and his daughter...

Anyone else watch AMC's Inside the Episode? 

macbrian
  • macbrian

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

I was getting used to unemployed Don.  Totally thought he was going to tell them to "f*ck off" when they offered to take him back, but gave a bunch of stipulations.

I just recently found out that Pete's receding hairline is not real.  There's pictures floating around of Vincent Kartheiser in between filming, where you can see that there is hair growing back where they shaved it.  And here I was just thinking he caught a tough break.

Speaking of Pete, if there is no Trudy at all this season, I'm going to be upset.

Pete's absolutely one of my favorite characters, and I used to hate his guts in the beginning. There was a nice article about him in the NY Mag - http://www.vulture.c...gs-learned.html  - the hairline is mentioned as well.

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

I wish AMC would f*ck off with these "mid-season finales". It was bad enough with Breaking Bad, now we have to wait a whole year to see 7 episodes, what a joke. This all started off with The Sopranos, the way they split season 6 into two, but the difference with The Sopranos is that we had a full season plus some extra episodes a year later, which is f*cking awesome if you ask me. The final seven episodes better be absolutely amazing, otherwise I'll go postal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users